TheLongMum

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think anna struggles with her looks. She's not a "pretty" woman so to speak. (there's more to life than looks though!!)
I think her ex being with some young pretty woman is incredibly hard for her.
But I do find it upsetting when she has posted SO much about living on the breadline, having debt counselling, her soul income being benefits..... then she then goes and spends loads on cosmetic treatments in hope to look more attractive.
It's so sad.
Her daughters are honestly going to dislike her when she grows up. Her mum chasing after something unachievable and spending money, emotion, time on.
I hope she gets some more help and realises that sure.... She's not necessarily outwardly attractive but there's alot more going for her than chasing that.
She's quite funny and articulate.

I'm not someone whose fussed trying to be more attractive.. So the whole thing baffles me.

I wish this generation would know:.
Ur not pretty.... And that's okay. It doesn't make you any less worthy!

Hope this makes sense. I just find Instagram world so damaging for people like her.
I suppose it takes all sorts, I think she is very blessed in the looks department and am surprised there are people that think she isn’t!

She is looking mighty skinny at the moment though, I hope she is okay.

Reactions: 3
First time commenting on this thread, I watch it with interest as Anna is a funny one isn’t she. I do hope she’s ok, I feel like I follow her just to check in as whenever she’s trying to appeal to isn’t what I’m really looking for but find I can’t unfollow.

However, I have to say, some of the comments on this thread are so upsetting with regards to UC. I have a degree and a masters and I’m currently at home with my 2 little ones due to unforeseen circumstances while my partner works 60 hour weeks a lot of the time and has been furloughed for the best part of the last year making us quite heavily reliant on universal credit (more so than we were before). Saying that someone can’t possibly be on universal credit and afford holidays or little treats for themselves is really REALLY harsh. My partner works extremely hard to provide for my family and when the cost of childcare doesn’t outweigh what I would be earning then I will work really hard too. Please don’t be under the incredibly false impression that people on UC can afford this that and the other without working hard and scrounging off the government, we can barely even afford to eat this month. If I scrimp and scrape to get my nails done (which I don’t anyway) or go on holiday with my family then that’s what I’ll have done - scrimped and scraped but this won’t be instead of paying my bills/council tax/rent/food/clothing my children, this will have been putting £5 away a month until I have the money to go. My partner is so deserving of those small treats we can afford to give ourselves from HIS hard work so a huge duck you to whoever said that we are being paid too much to have these things when the reality is extremely different. We struggle monthly but we are good people, I sincerely hope that you are never in the same position.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
First time commenting on this thread, I watch it with interest as Anna is a funny one isn’t she. I do hope she’s ok, I feel like I follow her just to check in as whenever she’s trying to appeal to isn’t what I’m really looking for but find I can’t unfollow.

However, I have to say, some of the comments on this thread are so upsetting with regards to UC. I have a degree and a masters and I’m currently at home with my 2 little ones due to unforeseen circumstances while my partner works 60 hour weeks a lot of the time and has been furloughed for the best part of the last year making us quite heavily reliant on universal credit (more so than we were before). Saying that someone can’t possibly be on universal credit and afford holidays or little treats for themselves is really REALLY harsh. My partner works extremely hard to provide for my family and when the cost of childcare doesn’t outweigh what I would be earning then I will work really hard too. Please don’t be under the incredibly false impression that people on UC can afford this that and the other without working hard and scrounging off the government, we can barely even afford to eat this month. If I scrimp and scrape to get my nails done (which I don’t anyway) or go on holiday with my family then that’s what I’ll have done - scrimped and scraped but this won’t be instead of paying my bills/council tax/rent/food/clothing my children, this will have been putting £5 away a month until I have the money to go. My partner is so deserving of those small treats we can afford to give ourselves from HIS hard work so a huge duck you to whoever said that we are being paid too much to have these things when the reality is extremely different. We struggle monthly but we are good people, I sincerely hope that you are never in the same position.
Totally agree with this. Due to furlough and then stat maternity pay and a rent increase we have had to rely on UC just to help us get to the end of the month, my partner is working every hour he can at the mo! My plan was to go back to work when baby was a few months old (opposite hours to my partner to avoid childcare for my baby and 5 year old) but I work in travel and in order to try and save my job I’ve remained on maternity leave as they are making cuts!
we never have before claimed a penny and didn’t even think we would ever have to but most people are only a few pay cheques away from being homeless and I think the comments were really unfair. You just never know how things will pan out!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
No one is pissy about her being on benefits. They’re pissy about her paying for Botox on benefits. Hope that helps 🤗

• Wow
Reactions: 9
How sad posters feel like they have to justify claiming UC because of some very backward, outdated opinions within this thread.
How miserable must you be to think being on benefits means you can’t ever treat yourself (even if it is Botox!) or your children or just do normal things like go on a holiday.

Reactions: 12
No one is pissy about her being on benefits. They’re pissy about her paying for Botox on benefits. Hope that helps 🤗
Nixen, this is not what you said in your post a couple of pages back and not even what you implied. If you’d have read my comment properly on the matter then you’d have seen that if I wanted to get “Botox while on benefits” then this would be something I’d have carefully considered and saved for a long time. You said if this were to happen then I’ll have been paid too much. Well I’m here to tell you that it’s pay day on Friday and we’ll finally be able to afford more than a loaf of bread, some cheese and milk and dinners for our kids - I might even treat myself to a chocolate bar! Wahoo! What a bloody life.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How sad posters feel like they have to justify claiming UC because of some very backward, outdated opinions within this thread.
How miserable must you be to think being on benefits means you can’t ever treat yourself (even if it is Botox!) or your children or just do normal things like go on a holiday.
As I say, i’m sure you can PayPal her the money directly yourself next time ☺
Funny how you get people claiming they can’t afford to feed their kids on benefits, and then people claiming they can afford to save up for holidays and cosmetic treatment. I wonder which is true?

Nixen, this is not what you said in your post a couple of pages back and not even what you implied. If you’d have read my comment properly on the matter then you’d have seen that if I wanted to get “Botox while on benefits” then this would be something I’d have carefully considered and saved for a long time. You said if this were to happen then I’ll have been paid too much. Well I’m here to tell you that it’s pay day on Friday and we’ll finally be able to afford more than a loaf of bread, some cheese and milk and dinners for our kids - I might even treat myself to a chocolate bar! Wahoo! What a bloody life.
Okay so you can’t see why getting Botox when you’re living like that would be stupid?
And if someone can afford Botox they probably don’t need the benefits?

Reactions: 1
Funny how you get people claiming they can’t afford to feed their kids on benefits, and then people claiming they can afford to save up for holidays and cosmetic treatment. I wonder which is true?

Okay so you can’t see why getting Botox when you’re living like that would be stupid?
No need to pay pal her I’m sure she’s managing her finances perfectly well if she can afford Botox whilst claiming UC and I sure don’t begrudge it.

I really hope things pick up for you and your family, it’s been a tough year ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
People doing irresponsible things with their benefits reflects badly on the majority of hard working families who rely on benefits to feed their kids and keep a roof over their heads. You’d think people would understand that

Reactions: 9

I feel like you’re missing the point. I’m not standing up for anyone who claims UC while literally doing sod all towards going back to work (which you can’t really anyway if you are eligible TO work as they are on you sending you to interviews/work coaching etc etc) but what I’m saying is that UC merely covers the cost of a basic living wage where families don’t or cannot earn that much. For example, my partner works in the catering industry. tit pay mostly but that’s his skill and he doesn’t want to do anything else despite attempting to train in other, more highly paid areas of work, as he still has career progression but it can take years. We’re on over £30k with just his salary but still claim universal credit as we can do that, we are entitled to and it means we can clothe our kids and eat decent dinners and have some left over in case of an emergency (ie. my bleeping car that breaks every 8 seconds). People who work 60 hour weeks in probably mostly tit jobs deserve that at least. I get that benefits get an inherently bad reputation but I think to tar everyone with the same brush is seriously harsh. If Anna wants to get Botox with her left over universal credit money then fine, I hope she isn’t abusing the system. But that’s her money, her situation in life has lead her to having to live off of benefits, and no one should begrudge a divorced single mother of 2 young children a small treat once in a while. We don’t know her full situation but it’s hardly like she’s living the life of bloody Riley.

People doing irresponsible things with their benefits reflects badly on the majority of hard working families who rely on benefits to feed their kids and keep a roof over their heads. You’d think people would understand that
This is exactly my point 😂 I’m glad you do realise this rather than slating everyone on UC. I just had to get the rant out of my system as it’s been brewing for a few days after a really hard month financially. It’s tit. As if anyone REALLY wants to be reliant on the government for part of their income, especially as the system is so corrupt. My vent is over. Thanks for coming to my ted talk 😂

Reactions: 7
Nixen you been deliberately inflammatory and goady, and down right horrible to Anna and people claiming for the last few pages.
Get a life, stop watching channel 5 benefits bashing shows/reading the daily mail.
What people do with their money is up to them. And it is their money, esp. people like Anna who have fallen on hard times, and paid in ten times over what they take out.

Its like you have a personal axe to grind or something. Give it rest love 🤗

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Okay, we’ll agree to disagree. You do you & I’ll keep paying my own way in life (especially if I ever want to get Botox in the future) 🤗

Reactions: 1

Your situation is totally different though. You and your partner work 60 hour weeks, you are not people who have made conscious decisions to stay at home and live purely off the state. You earn your money, she doesn't. And this is why people get pissy. Because there are people like you who work bloody hard and deserve a treat and nobody would begrudge you that treat, and people like her who do nothing but moan about how skint they are while pottering around the garden centre on a weekday morning while their kids are at school and having expensive cosmetic procedures most of us can't afford.

• Heart
Reactions: 3