The Witt Family #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They had a basket of some sort in their room but I think he screamed a lot and probably wouldn’t go down.

When I had my baby it was drilled into me from the health visitors not to hold her too much, it was feed, change and then put down but what can you do if they don’t let you?

I don’t think I would let him get up and play with play dough at 5:30am though 🥴

Reactions: 4
I don’t think I would let him get up and play with play dough at 5:30am though 🥴
Yeah fair enough if he was a tiny baby, but he's what 1 1/2 years old, all she is doing by allowing him to get up at that time is teaching him that 5.30am is the morning and it's time to get up and play! If he screams in his cot and won't re-settle till a more reasonable time it would be looking at books and playing quietly in his room till a decent time if it was me. I do wonder what time is the cut off for them though, I wouldn't have the children get up before 6am personally as before then is 'night-time' and so not time to get up and play and so I'd try to re-settle them in the cot as if they woke at 3am, but whatever time he wakes in the morning seems to be an okay time to get up watch tv and play with play-doh in their house. :oops:

Reactions: 2
Yeah fair enough if he was a tiny baby, but he's what 1 1/2 years old, all she is doing by allowing him to get up at that time is teaching him that 5.30am is the morning and it's time to get up and play! If he screams in his cot and won't re-settle till a more reasonable time it would be looking at books and playing quietly in his room till a decent time if it was me. I do wonder what time is the cut off for them though, I wouldn't have the children get up before 6am personally as before then is 'night-time' and so not time to get up and play and so I'd try to re-settle them in the cot as if they woke at 3am, but whatever time he wakes in the morning seems to be an okay time to get up watch tv and play with play-doh in their house. :oops:
I don’t think he has been taught the different between night and day but I guess he whines until they give in. A lot of their rooms don’t have blinds which can’t help them with sleeping in.

Reactions: 3
I think he's just going to have a stronger personality than the other two he was pushing her around a few days ago. I don't think Claire has it in her to be firm with him, maybe when the restrictions are relaxed and he's able to do more away from the home he might settle down the constant whinging is soul destroying.

I wonder what time Graham gets up for work? Because (stay with me here!) when we stay with my in laws my FIL gets up at 5.30 for work, and it almost always wakes our kids up. Maybe that is why Myles is waking early? He hears the noises of Graham and can’t get back to sleep? Not blaming Graham at all, btw, just a thought I had today.

Reactions: 7
Nah most of the time he's up before Graham she said Graham got up with him yesterday to give her a lie on that was 5,30 but sometimes he's up at 3,30/4 am

Alister used to be exactly the same. She would wake up to him playing in the living room and even in the garden a couple of times.

I remember Alistair used to be outside at all hours she's lucky nothing happened to him.

Claire's back vlogging again Myles is more bossy / whingy than ever. I think she'll struggle with the other two back at school and having no one to keep him entertained .

Claire's back vlogging again Myles is more bossy / whingy than ever. I think she'll struggle with the other two back at school and having no one to keep him entertained .
I think she panders tohim far too much, he’s constantly doing one activity or another just to keep him entertained. She needs to teach him to be bored and play on his own.

Kids are still sleeping at their nanas.

Reactions: 6
Yeah it would drive you crazy having to keep him constantly entertained... I wonder how much Alistair enjoys the sleepovers now he’s that bit older she said he likes his own privacy .I think she’ll struggle giving them a bit of independence .

I haven't watched any vlogs for ages...too much work however i watched her food haul this morning. She seems so different, really low key, almost down.

I think she panders tohim far too much, he’s constantly doing one activity or another just to keep him entertained. She needs to teach him to be bored and play on his own.
Yeah definitely, she says he gets bored so quickly and needs new ideas to keep him busy and entertained which is why she's bought out the playdoh, kinetic sand and aqua beads. When in reality if you keep providing activities and things to do he'll probably get bored quicker than if you just left him to playing with his toys and pottering around the house. Tbh at that age you can make laundry a whole 'activity' 😅 The more she entertains him, the more he'll need to be entertained all the time.

Reactions: 7
I don't have too much sympathy when she only has the 1 at times. My kids would love a sleepover right now lol

She said her MIL works so how can she be looking after the kids and her dad must have been round she shared the cheesy rolls with him

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.