The Witt Family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Buying them ... as a Christmas present... not exact sensitive or thoughtful to the child is it?
How? My mum used to buy me face wash all the time and put it in my stocking. Never once did I think it was insensitive.

Seems nobody except you is offended. An 11 yr old will see gifts like that as more grown up things, he’ll probably be thrilled. She also said he enjoys the blackhead strips with her, so he obviously interested in skin care

Reactions: 5
THING IS RUGRATZ...claire has put THOUGHT into his presents, she's thought about his stocking and put in things she knows he will use. she knows her child well you see, and this shines through to all the parents here on Tattle....claire knows her kids and knows what they will like and appreciate. so sad for you, not knowing the joy of a well thought out present and stocking.....shame you never experienced this yourself

Reactions: 2
Alistair's been using stuff on his skin for ages .I remember her saying he was getting spots from a young age, it's probably hormonal he must be starting puberty early.

I cant believe I'm about to do this..... but I somewhat agree with rugrats 😱 I think it's totally fine buying him those bits for christmas. But I dont think she should be putting them on youtube. Kids these days can get round a lot of age restrictions and secondary school can be brutal!

Claire looks exhausted atm her skin is really bad she's started using a new facewash to see if it helps ,it might be because she's run down .She said she's struggling with ways to get Myles to stop feeding but she may have to go "cold turkey" (no pun) at Christmas as he's constantly up through the night looking to feed, she just can't let it continue.

Claire looks exhausted atm her skin is really bad she's started using a new facewash to see if it helps ,it might be because she's run down .She said she's struggling with ways to get Myles to stop feeding but she may have to go "cold turkey" (no pun) at Christmas as he's constantly up through the night looking to feed, she just can't let it continue.
Probably starting back to work and getting everyone sorted in the new routine has taken its toll and run her down.

Reactions: 3
It's entirely her choice of course, but I really think she should've waited until he was in a proper routine at night before she found a job.

It's entirely her choice of course, but I really think she should've waited until he was in a proper routine at night before she found a job.
She should have weaned him off the breast like she said she was going to before she went back to work , she seems to push herself a lot and then ends up being ill or plagued by migraines instead of just slowing down.

She should have weaned him off the breast like she said she was going to before she went back to work , she seems to push herself a lot and then ends up being ill or plagued by migraines instead of just slowing down.
I agree. She's pushing herself too much, which doesn't help the migraines.

Reactions: 1
None of mine have ever slept through, and all still been feeding at night, when I go back to work. You just get on with it though. Does take its toll but it’s not the end of the world if that’s what you want to be doing at night. I’d rather do it that way than force anything lik routine or ending feeding, and I get the impression Claire is very much the same as me in that respect. But each to their own.

Reactions: 3
I don't think any routine should be forced, more like gently eased in. I think it's a case of Myles knows that when he wakes at a ghastly hour she's more than likely to get him out of his cot and let him play than patiently try and get him back to sleep.

None of mine have ever slept through, and all still been feeding at night, when I go back to work. You just get on with it though. Does take its toll but it’s not the end of the world if that’s what you want to be doing at night. I’d rather do it that way than force anything lik routine or ending feeding, and I get the impression Claire is very much the same as me in that respect. But each to their own.
No she said she wants to end the feeds he doesn't need them ,the only reason she's continuing is she doesn't have any time off until Christmas and it's easier in the mean time so she can get him down quicker at night but she'll have to be brutal once she has time off .

No problem with the presents but I doubt he still believes at 11..

I’m surprised they’ve gone for a weekend away, I’m surprised anyone would be considering it at the minute.

Yes it is. I don’t know if the pools and stuff are open though? Christmas there is so expensive, I dunno what much there would be to do with no pool.
It is really expensive I wouldn’t think there would be many activities open maybe it’s just an expensive change of scenery they went for.

As Claire said herself in that video she has suffered from bad skin, so I’m sure she wants to try and make sure the kids don’t have to suffer as badly. Both my husband and I were very spotty teens, so I already worry for my kids about how their skin will be, what I’ll be able to do to help them. Kids will be crueler about skin covered in spots than about face wash (and I work with teens daily, so I know how awful they can be to each other!)
I can’t help but think that she over washes her face. She seems to use lots of products and that electric scrubber thing - the way she uses it looks really harsh. Her skin looks so red and angry.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.