The Witt Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guidelines are just that....guidelines,not rules or the law!

Parents can do as they see fit with the information available.
♥
That's what I was trying to say, but have just woken up and haven't had a coffee yet 😂 no idea why I couldn't put that sentence together myself, but thank you!

And they change them bloody guidelines all the flipping time! Personally, I choose to just follow my baby, my instincts and just wing it. Glad I'm not inclined to video myself and publish on YouTube because OMG, the mum shaming is wayyyyyy too much. Especially as 90% of us are probably just winging it and doing the best we can do hey.

Anyway....Coffee.

Reactions: 4
I understand where you’re coming from, but in my mind, someone who is recommending products to mums, giving hospital bag recommendations and lists, home birth checklists etc is putting themselves out there as someone knowledgable and someone whose advice you can follow. To then do things such as babywear badly (which can restrict airways) and put baby to sleep as discussed doesn’t follow. You can’t expect to be able to influence people in one aspect without it spilling over, and if you’re making a living from it - and Claire does earn money, not much I’d imagine, but some - you have a responsibility to your viewers.

(Just to add I was so horrified at the thought of Australians being advised to wean at 16 weeks I looked it up. Most recent info I could find was 2018, and it advises from 6 months in line with WHO guidelines. )
I agree @Definitelyme if you are profiting financially from influencing people, I think you cross the line in terms of having a responsibility to make sure you are giving out the right advice. Ok Claire doesn’t do as many ads as Emily Norris, but she does a few and profits from her position as an influencer.

Reactions: 5
Not a head at all! 😂 mistakes happen!
Thank you ❤

Was anyone else a bit annoyed at Claire vlogging while driving? She adjusted her phone a few times too. I’m sure that’s against the new rules for using your phone while driving. An instagrammer I follow was reported for doing exactly that, touching her phone while driving, got 3 points on her licence and a fine.

Reactions: 5
I hate seeing vlogging while driving. Even if it’s just chatting to the camera, their full attention isn’t on the road. It’s great someone was pulled up on it, and how silly to have footage of yourself doing something illegal for all the world to see

Reactions: 4
I think the blogging whilst driving is so dangerous, she has a newborn in the back. It was pouring down with rain and she’s faffing around with her camera instead of concentrating on the road!!

Reactions: 7
I agree @Definitelyme if you are profiting financially from influencing people, I think you cross the line in terms of having a responsibility to make sure you are giving out the right advice. Ok Claire doesn’t do as many ads as Emily Norris, but she does a few and profits from her position as an influencer.
I truly believe if Claire could do as many ads as Emily she would. When they were younger it was ad after ad. I think now that her kids are older the ads dried up. She will be back to doing more with this baby I bet .

Reactions: 1
I do hate to see him left in the bed, there’s duvets and pillows, blankets etc over and above him.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Agree with others did she say he was in the bed from 5am and then she was in the kitchen talking to her camera while he lay in the bed with duvets and pillows . It’s just awful it only takes a second for something to go over his face and she is in a different room.

I’m a fairly laid back parent probably compared to others, but this does worry me how blasé she is. Is it because she’s unaware of the risks? Surely not, this is her 3rd. By now she should know what can happen when you are careless with bed sharing.

I’m a fairly laid back parent probably compared to others, but this does worry me how blasé she is. Is it because she’s unaware of the risks? Surely not, this is her 3rd. By now she should know what can happen when you are careless with bed sharing.
thinking about it she’s always been very blasé with Alister going outside by himself, it’s not so bad now he’s older but she’s been allowing him to roam outside for years. I always felt that was a little risky.

Reactions: 3
I thought her doing boot camps out in the field with the kids in the house themselves was blasé as well. Especially when you have strangers on your property for the boot camp. She can’t have been looking at the house all the time she was focused on her clients .

Agree again with the unsafe sleeping situation. May have said before but I exclusively bedshare with my youngest, and did with my middle as well. But I am always so careful to move pillows, duvets etc away from them when I leave them, and have the video monitor trained on their face. It’s not worth the risk, and there is no need to have those things close to a baby who doesn’t even use them

Reactions: 3
Did you see in the latest vlog there is a phone hanging over the babys crib attached to a phone charger when there is table right next to it. Thats extremely dangerous if its heating up whilst charged and right by the babys head position
Do you have a rough time?
Edit: spotted it at around 6:40

Did you see in the latest vlog there is a phone hanging over the babys crib attached to a phone charger when there is table right next to it. Thats extremely dangerous if its heating up whilst charged and right by the babys head position
No because I haven’t watched it. Not sure why you’ve directed that at me though?

Noticed she don’t give a crap about her horses now 🤦🏻‍♀️ Never shows them on vlogs so obviously that phase is over

I’m surprised she hasn’t filmed any new baby videos besides the vlogs.
I think she might do a one month update when the time comes. I’m surprised she hasn’t been picked up by channel mum I think she would love to be in that “gang”

They will go same way as the dogs. Three big dogs locked up in a tiny utility room all winter long .
They are farm dogs and I think they do get walked from what I’ve seen, she’s often going out with them for walks on stories. It was a mistake to get the horses though, she had a few months of lessons and bought horses, who does that?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.