The Witt Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t they just have a baby without any fuss over why or who wanted it? I highly doubt anyone has a baby for Instagram 🙄
To be fair, similar conversations go on about many insta mums on lots of these boards especially when they have a third baby. For the record I don’t think anyone would actually only have a baby for the sake of content for their channel. If they did that would be very sad and pathetic 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yeah some of these criticisms are pathetic, saying delaying naming the child means she doesn’t love him 😂 they had 2 names picked and wanted to see him to see what he suited more. That’s fair enough

Reactions: 9
I don’t think she uses the kids as content as much as your average instamum though.
The haven ads , the eBay ads ,the Tesco school uniform ads, the safari park ad, the Cosmo toy ad, the Wilco ad to name a few she sells her kids childhoods and privacy as much as the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I'm still quite liking her (though I'm the women who has just discovered her!). I like how she isn't always dressed up to the nines with a face full of makeup, she seems so natural and like a really good mum. I love how her house is unique for an instamum / YouTuber too. No velvet chesterfields in sight.

Still, I'll binge watch some more and see if that changes 😂

Reactions: 7
I do find it rather odd she would refer to Violet being "the best big sister" but alas Alister hasnt been seen or had any compliment because he looked pleased to have a little brother . If you had multiple children you would surely refer to them all equally in terms of being good big brothers or sisters?
Are we still having this argument? 🙄
Maybe he just wasn’t around?

Reactions: 9
I do find it rather odd she would refer to Violet being "the best big sister" but alas Alister hasnt been seen or had any compliment because he looked pleased to have a little brother . If you had multiple children you would surely refer to them all equally in terms of being good big brothers or sisters?
No. Just because you say something positive about one child doesn’t automatically mean you must say the same about another. Maybe Violet is going the extra mile and that’s why it was said. Maybe Alister is struggling (wouldn’t you love to hear that he’s feeling put out) so is taking a step back. Or maybe he just isn’t that fussed, as is his right as a preteen. Or maybe he is amazing but it was just a compliment about Violet at that moment. I say all the time things about one of my children without having to say something about the others. Because that’s how the real world works

Reactions: 10
One other thing I like about Claire is her priorities are in the right place. She puts her family first, while still maintaining her friendships and alone time with Graham too.

I don’t think it’s realistic to say that if she complements Violet she needs to do the same for Alister in the same breath. I tell all of my children I’m proud of them at different times. I’m proud of my son for settling well into reception and I tell him so. I don’t throw in a complement to my daughter just so she doesn’t feel put out, that to me means the complement isn’t genuine. She’s proud of her brother too and celebrates his achievements just as we do for her, and their younger sister too.

Reactions: 10
One other thing I like about Claire is her priorities are in the right place. She puts her family first, while still maintaining her friendships and alone time with Graham too.

I don’t think it’s realistic to say that if she complements Violet she needs to do the same for Alister in the same breath. I tell all of my children I’m proud of them at different times. I’m proud of my son for settling well into reception and I tell him so. I don’t throw in a complement to my daughter just so she doesn’t feel put out, that to me means the complement isn’t genuine. She’s proud of her brother too and celebrates his achievements just as we do for her, and their younger sister too.
Beautifully put.

Beautifully put.
Credit where credit is due. I do think she gets off lightly with regard to the use of her kids in ads, whereas other bloggers get slated for the same thing. I don’t really get that. But I do think she has a good balance in her life

Reactions: 5
one thing I have noticed in her vlogs is that she always lays him to sleep on his side..obviously they make you aware babies should be on their backs to reduce SIDS so I’m surprised she’s not doing this!

one thing I have noticed in her vlogs is that she always lays him to sleep on his side..obviously they make you aware babies should be on their backs to reduce SIDS so I’m surprised she’s not doing this!
I know a lot of people do this as their baby settles better that way. However I think it’s not entirely responsible to show it to thousands of people who may not know better and think it’s ok. It’s not recommended so she shouldn’t be endorsing it, even if it’s what she chooses to do on private

Reactions: 2
I know a lot of people do this as their baby settles better that way. However I think it’s not entirely responsible to show it to thousands of people who may not know better and think it’s ok. It’s not recommended so she shouldn’t be endorsing it, even if it’s what she chooses to do on private
I agree, she’s an influencer so it’s not good to show to other potential especially new mums that it’s good practice to lay baby on it’s side!

New mums are told countless times throughout their pregnancy, and the period after, that babies need to be laid on their backs though. Actually, during those antenatal appointments, it's on the midwives list to discuss this with the new mother. So despite what she does, any mum wanting to copy her (which would be weird, but there's always one I suppose), should already be aware of what the *current* recommendations are anyway.
As a side note:
When my twins were born it was recommend to lay them on their front!!

When my next son was born, it's changed, that they'd have to be on their back. I had this overwhelming instinct to check on him during the night once, despite him making no noise, and he was choking on some milk he'd brought up. So thankful for mother's instincts!

Same with weaning. Not sure what age is recommend in England anymore as I no longer live there. With twins it was 3 months, with next child was 6 months. In Australia it's currently 16 weeks. When I was born, the recommended age for weaning was 9 months!!! So my point is, they are recommendations only and each mother (despite what she will see recommended or what some YouTuber does), will instinctively do what she will feel right for her baby. After all, these recommendations do change frequently and do not suit each child. Perhaps it is irresponsible of her to do something that's no longer "recommended" by health pros, and to show it on YouTube, but it ultimately isn't her responsibility to educate new parents. My two pence worth anyway....!

New mums are told countless times throughout their pregnancy, and the period after, that babies need to be laid on their backs though. Actually, during those antenatal appointments, it's on the midwives list to discuss this with the new mother. So despite what she does, any mum wanting to copy her (which would be weird, but there's always one I suppose), should already be aware of what the *current* recommendations are anyway.
As a side note:
When my twins were born it was recommend to lay them on their front!!

When my next son was born, it's changed, that they'd have to be on their back. I had this overwhelming instinct to check on him during the night once, despite him making no noise, and he was choking on some milk he'd brought up. So thankful for mother's instincts!

Same with weaning. Not sure what age is recommend in England anymore as I no longer live there. With twins it was 3 months, with next child was 6 months. In Australia it's currently 16 weeks. When I was born, the recommended age for weaning was 9 months!!! So my point is, they are recommendations only and each mother (despite what she will see recommended or what some YouTuber does), will instinctively do what she will feel right for her baby. After all, these recommendations do change frequently and do not suit each child. Perhaps it is irresponsible of her to do something that's no longer "recommended" by health pros, and to show it on YouTube, but it ultimately isn't her responsibility to educate new parents. My two pence worth anyway....!
I understand where you’re coming from, but in my mind, someone who is recommending products to mums, giving hospital bag recommendations and lists, home birth checklists etc is putting themselves out there as someone knowledgable and someone whose advice you can follow. To then do things such as babywear badly (which can restrict airways) and put baby to sleep as discussed doesn’t follow. You can’t expect to be able to influence people in one aspect without it spilling over, and if you’re making a living from it - and Claire does earn money, not much I’d imagine, but some - you have a responsibility to your viewers.

(Just to add I was so horrified at the thought of Australians being advised to wean at 16 weeks I looked it up. Most recent info I could find was 2018, and it advises from 6 months in line with WHO guidelines. )

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I understand where you’re coming from, but in my mind, someone who is recommending products to mums, giving hospital bag recommendations and lists, home birth checklists etc is putting themselves out there as someone knowledgable and someone whose advice you can follow. To then do things such as babywear badly (which can restrict airways) and put baby to sleep as discussed doesn’t follow. You can’t expect to be able to influence people in one aspect without it spilling over, and if you’re making a living from it - and Claire does earn money, not much I’d imagine, but some - you have a responsibility to your viewers.

(Just to add I was so horrified at the thought of Australians being advised to wean at 16 weeks I looked it up. Most recent info I could find was 2018, and it advises from 6 months in line with WHO guidelines. )
I'm living in Australia, we are told. 16 weeks.
It didn't horrify me, as like I said, when my twins were born (in England), at the current time weaning was recommended at 12 weeks....

Anyway, I did say perhaps she is irresponsible in showing things "not currently recommended" in her videos, but the health professionals do educate women about babies sleeping positions during pregnancy and during the initial post natal period, so although I'm sure there are perhaps some women out there who are ignorant to that advice, the majority, if not all, are told first hand. From there it's up to them. I see some YouTubers jumping across buildings, or doing really stupid stuff, or eating 10,000 cAlories a day....we don't all copy! Just think she should be given some slack. She seems like she's a mum, just doing her best. She isn't explicitly advising people or claiming to be an expert. Some YouTubers (hey Fopperholic), claim to be some parenting expert but do give incorrect advice. In my opinion that is far far worse.

We can agree to disagree tho 😘

Guidelines are just that....guidelines,not rules or the law!

Parents can do as they see fit with the information available.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.