The Wilkes Family #3 The very unPC exPC

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When Ellie was looking at the 3D scan of her teeth and said "Eugh thats gross" followed by wilkes response "Yeah you're gross."
IS THIS WOMAN FOR REAL? Appalling way to speak to your own daughter, especially at an age where self esteem is fragile enough, ironic that a few moments before this she was discussing forking out for invisalign as she didn't want Ellie to be bullied or for her self esteem to suffer!
Why doesn't she just ask her dentist to refer her to the orthodontist instead of paying for invisalign. My Daughter got referred and they decided she needed braces and her teeth were no way as bad as Ellies.

Reactions: 8
Why doesn't she just ask her dentist to refer her to the orthodontist instead of paying for invisalign. My Daughter got referred and they decided she needed braces and her teeth were no way as bad as Ellies.
I'm sure she did visit the NHS dentist and they mentioned about braces. It seems she's thinking of invisalign because she's worried she'll get bullied for the braces, but loads of people have metal braces at that age. Ellie even said in the vlog she doesn't mind getting braces so it seems an unnecessary expense.

Reactions: 2
I'm sure she did visit the NHS dentist and they mentioned about braces. It seems she's thinking of invisalign because she's worried she'll get bullied for the braces, but loads of people have metal braces at that age. Ellie even said in the vlog she doesn't mind getting braces so it seems an unnecessary expense.
I asked my daughter and she said nobody at her school has been bullied over braces, I think it's another excuse to spend money and look better than anyone else by using invisalign. My Daughter was SAD when she had her braces taken off, she said it went with her aesthetic lol. These days most kids think wearing braces is kinda cool.

Reactions: 4
Just watched her latest video. She has printed some photos on tiles to put on the wall up the stairs, also mentioned she has printed one of Ellies nephew? Am I right in thinking that this would be from her Dads new family?

Just watched her latest video. She has printed some photos on tiles to put on the wall up the stairs, also mentioned she has printed one of Ellies nephew? Am I right in thinking that this would be from her Dads new family?
Think her dad has kids from a relationship before he and Leasa. The nephew is the reason she got the puppy. Was petty and scared she’d lose Ellie to her dads family.
Haven’t been watching since then but hope it backfired.

Reactions: 6
I think her dad's kids are maybe in theirs 20s or 30s now, as he must be in his 50s.

Can't believe how many mix tiles she got. Just makes things look more cluttered.

Reactions: 4
I mean there is putting pictures of your child on the wall then there is a shrine . Creepy.

Reactions: 3
All her getting this money has done is aided her downward spiral. She clearly has issues, especially with impulsiveness. She seems on a mission to fill that house with as much tasteless tat as humanly possible instead of ensuring she will have a roof over her head when her free ride comes to an end. It’s like instead of having a life and building relationships she surrounding herself with materialistic items. It’s just going to get worse as her daughter gets older.

And as for the braces thing. My friends child attends the same school as her daughter, about 50% of the school have traditional braces, if she gets bullied for it there’s an issue there already

Reactions: 9
Why does this stupid woman think it's okay to take those poor dogs out in the heat that we've had today... She shouldn't be allowed to keep animals.

Reactions: 5
Why does this stupid woman think it's okay to take those poor dogs out in the heat that we've had today... She shouldn't be allowed to keep animals.
Agreed it was extremely hot out there , but shes got a young energetic puppy now and she did take a specific drinking bottle filled up so they could all take regular drink breaks and keep hydrated and she was on a field so it was not hot on their paws , they would tire easily though in the heat there was yesterday.

Reactions: 1
Unless things have changed since I had braces in school (10+ years ago) it was a really normal thing and no one was ever bullied, because the majority of kids wore them. The only downside was the achy feeling after they were tightened. I was really shy at school but my braces never made me feel any more self conscious. As an adult, I look back and can say it was 100% worth it. Her teeth are really quite bad so she really should get them I think. I don't trust that invisalign to be that good for someone with teeth as bad as hers.

Agreed it was extremely hot out there , but shes got a young energetic puppy now and she did take a specific drinking bottle filled up so they could all take regular drink breaks and keep hydrated and she was on a field so it was not hot on their paws , they would tire easily though in the heat there was yesterday.

Yes but she has to get to the 'hill' or 'field' and I'm sure there are paths to get there... plus those dogs are wearing fur coats. No dog has ever died from not going out for a walk...

It seems like the dream camper van may not be happening as Wilkes posts an "honest" chat about why her mom is to blame for her money problems.

She should have listened to her bear fam when they suggested she think of the future.

I suppose she would have had to put a deposit down for the extra she was having done to the van.
She’s trying her best to keep up with certain youtubers but can not afford to do so, the camper van was all about showing off I don’t think she had any intention of buying it.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the phone call Wilkes received from the school noting that Ellie was not eating and there were concerns about the friends Ellie was associating with? It sounded like the counselor was giving Wilkes the "heads up" about possible problems. Wilkes seems to think that it is up the the school since she couldn't do anything remotely. As usual she does not consider her child having a problem but the school having one by not having a plan to "fix" Ellie.

First of all school will be letting out soon for the summer so, really, what can the school do in the near future? Wilkes states that it is tough being a parent. Of course it is and maybe it is time she be one rather than trying to be the friend that doesn't want to rock the boat. I hope that Ellie's dad received the same phone call. It is no surprise that Ellie may have problems at school with her mom constantly putting the school and teachers down. I wouldn't doubt it is she plants these negative ideas in Ellie's mind and encourages her to be defiant.

The school has rules about social media that includes the behaviour of parents and putting forth negativity about the school. With Wilkes (on numerous occasions) putting down the school and teachers, that rule has been broken again and again. How does she expect Ellie to have any respect for her teachers? Again, no surprise that she may be choosing like-minded friends. This is the critical time to catch your teen before serious problems develop.

As for the concerns that Ellie may have an eating disorder it seems Ellie eats enough at home. It will be an interesting summer if Wilkes ignore the problems and Ellie spends her time getting into negative situations.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the phone call Wilkes received from the school noting that Ellie was not eating and there were concerns about the friends Ellie was associating with? It sounded like the counselor was giving Wilkes the "heads up" about possible problems. Wilkes seems to think that it is up the the school since she couldn't do anything remotely. As usual she does not consider her child having a problem but the school having one by not having a plan to "fix" Ellie.

First of all school will be letting out soon for the summer so, really, what can the school do in the near future? Wilkes states that it is tough being a parent. Of course it is and maybe it is time she be one rather than trying to be the friend that doesn't want to rock the boat. I hope that Ellie's dad received the same phone call. It is no surprise that Ellie may have problems at school with her mom constantly putting the school and teachers down. I wouldn't doubt it is she plants these negative ideas in Ellie's mind and encourages her to be defiant.

The school has rules about social media that includes the behaviour of parents and putting forth negativity about the school. With Wilkes (on numerous occasions) putting down the school and teachers, that rule has been broken again and again. How does she expect Ellie to have any respect for her teachers? Again, no surprise that she may be choosing like-minded friends. This is the critical time to catch your teen before serious problems develop.

As for the concerns that Ellie may have an eating disorder it seems Ellie eats enough at home. It will be an interesting summer if Wilkes ignore the problems and Ellie spends her time getting into negative situations.
Ellie did mention in a video ages ago she felt fat or very uncomfortable with her body, something along those lines. I think she probably joined the gym to lose weight but it maybe isn't happening, so I'm not surprised if she is skipping meals or will potentially develop an eating disorder.

Apparently Wilkes is trying to get her to change schools but surely that'll make things worse as will take her away from friends?

Of course Wilkes is blaming the school though and basically moaning that they can't do anything...as if she can't do anything herself, like take her to a doctor or get her to join some clubs to make more friends.

Omg I can't seriously believe she thinks her daughter's problems are suitable for airing on YT? Actually I can. No wonder the poor child has issues.

Reactions: 8
Omg I can't seriously believe she thinks her daughter's problems are suitable for airing on YT? Actually I can. No wonder the poor child has issues.
Was just about to say the same thing. Its such a public platform and other children from Ellies school can and probably do watch the vlogs. I feel so sad and worried for Ellie, she needs her privacy :(

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.