The Wilkes Family #3 The very unPC exPC

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she likes vlogging because it makes her feel popular, a pseudo celebrity. Without vlogging she hasn't really got anything else in her life, dogs, online shopping addiction and a daughter who is around while there's money, showing off to do but when it's gone it will be interesting to see where that relationship goes.

Reactions: 8
I've only recently started watching family vloggers. After I read the news story about Chris Ingham texting girls to meet him alone at night, I looked to see who they are, and then youtube sent suggestions for other families. My main information was from County Joe saying who was defending the Inghams, and I admired how she stood up to them. Then recently somebody said she's now their friend.
Well anyway, my main reason for writing this is because I don't understand why they call the people watching Fam. Such as Inghams say ifam, and Wilks says Bear Fam. Do they class people who watch them as part of their family?

Reactions: 1
I've only recently started watching family vloggers. After I read the news story about Chris Ingham texting girls to meet him alone at night, I looked to see who they are, and then youtube sent suggestions for other families. My main information was from County Joe saying who was defending the Inghams, and I admired how she stood up to them. Then recently somebody said she's now their friend.
Well anyway, my main reason for writing this is because I don't understand why they call the people watching Fam. Such as Inghams say ifam, and Wilks says Bear Fam. Do they class people who watch them as part of their family?
Joe is about as real as the beard on her face. She’s friends till the end....until said friend is her sworn enemy. Joe is impulsive.... known to throw out bad information without sorting out all the facts first. One of the biggest nuts in the Youtube nut factory....one of many.

Reactions: 7
Yeah Joe is friendly with McPhee now who is probably the Ingham's biggest adult supporter. She put a lot of blame on the girls and seems to think he's a wonderful family man, so Joe also changed her tune after piggybacking off of anti-Ingham videos. :rolleyes: Its a joke.

I think thats part of it - especially for younger kids who watch people like the Inghams. Almost creating this illusion that if you watch you're a part of this big 'family' and it makes people feel wanted and included. I feel its a bit exploitive almost, like if you create this sense of community making fans think you're a big family and all bffs when you never actually speak to them (apart from the odd response in comments), it makes them want to buy tit for you as you would an actual family member. I guess they also think its nicer than saying 'fans' because it makes it seem less 'oh I'm above you' and they want to come across as ~relatable.

Reactions: 8
I could be wrong, but I think she might be addicted to vlogging, as just seems to film random things and other people too often. Then again, suppose many youtubers do the same.
Hope she asks their permission before filming and putting on the internet. I thought the hairdresser looked self concious keep being on film through the whole hair drying process, and also her friend she met for lunch. She might scare people off from meeting, knowing they will be online.
The hairdresser live was in a private business where I doubt Wilkes had permission to film. She wanted (as usual) to flaunt her recently purchased poshest and pretend she was above it all. She needs to stop referring to herself as an influence. She mentioned that she should be earning a commission when someone asked about her latest furniture purchase. Does she not realize how easy it is to set this up at Amazon? Any influencer would. Asking about super chat you could see the envy when someone mentioning a certain blogger making $12000 during one chat.

Reactions: 3
Joe is about as real as the beard on her face. She’s friends till the end....until said friend is her sworn enemy. Joe is impulsive.... known to throw out bad information without sorting out all the facts first. One of the biggest nuts in the Youtube nut factory....one of many.
I had the impression Joe has a short fuse. Would act all light hearted and friendly. Then if somebody said something she didn't like in live chat, she would suddenly change and get all scary and angry. Is it a Glasgow thing? There was a Glasgow woman at my work who I thought was nice, until she started punching me in the toilet area for speaking to her in what she considered the wrong way. She was only about 5 foot, but really tough.
Although it could be just a coincidence they're similar.

The hairdresser live was in a private business where I doubt Wilkes had permission to film. She wanted (as usual) to flaunt her recently purchased poshest and pretend she was above it all. She needs to stop referring to herself as an influence. She mentioned that she should be earning a commission when someone asked about her latest furniture purchase. Does she not realize how easy it is to set this up at Amazon? Any influencer would. Asking about super chat you could see the envy when someone mentioning a certain blogger making $12000 during one chat.
lol I have started watching while being mesmerised at the random things she posts online. She even has the dog breeders in the video, who looked as if they were wondering why she was pointing the camera at them.
Maybe I'm superficial, as if I had a two hundred thousand Pound compensation, I would spend a couple of hundred getting the mole removed by her chin. Unless she thinks it's a beauty spot and likes it.
Yes I've seen people put links in their youtube description of items they're using, so they get a commission if others click on it. Guess she doesn't know about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I could be wrong, but I think she might be addicted to vlogging, as just seems to film random things and other people too often. Then again, suppose many youtubers do the same.
Hope she asks their permission before filming and putting on the internet. I thought the hairdresser looked self concious keep being on film through the whole hair drying process, and also her friend she met for lunch. She might scare people off from meeting, knowing they will be online.
Well we have had a vlog of her old lils so I think she maybe addicted..

Wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get a vlog of her applying haemorrhoid cream.. with one of the dogs squeezing the tube in its teeth with the other holding the camera...

• Haha
Yeah Joe is friendly with McPhee now who is probably the Ingham's biggest adult supporter. She put a lot of blame on the girls and seems to think he's a wonderful family man, so Joe also changed her tune after piggybacking off of anti-Ingham videos. :rolleyes: Its a joke.

I think thats part of it - especially for younger kids who watch people like the Inghams. Almost creating this illusion that if you watch you're a part of this big 'family' and it makes people feel wanted and included. I feel its a bit exploitive almost, like if you create this sense of community making fans think you're a big family and all bffs when you never actually speak to them (apart from the odd response in comments), it makes them want to buy tit for you as you would an actual family member. I guess they also think its nicer than saying 'fans' because it makes it seem less 'oh I'm above you' and they want to come across as ~relatable.
Yes, it is a joke they all are.

Yes she did Influencer she wishes, who makes that much money off one chat?

I can't believe she did a live stream at the hairdressers! How bloody cringey, not the mention ignorant. The poor hairdresser looked like she was thinking wtf is she doing?

Ellie basically had people on the live answering her homework questions for her as well. :rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

That nut is in full swing again...

It's like the Kyle of youtube...

• Heart
Spice Girls Special vlog gave me a headache with all the shaking of the camera. I didn't make it far past the usual complaining and pulled faces of the start. No point blogging a large video screen and the back of people's heads. It seemed Ellie would have rather been any where else. Her mom is such an embarrassment.

Spice Girls Special vlog gave me a headache with all the shaking of the camera. I didn't make it far past the usual complaining and pulled faces of the start. No point blogging a large video screen and the back of people's heads. It seemed Ellie would have rather been any where else. Her mom is such an embarrassment.
Ellie looked so miserable in the beginning!

Reactions: 4
It seems like the dream camper van may not be happening as Wilkes posts an "honest" chat about why her mom is to blame for her money problems.

She should have listened to her bear fam when they suggested she think of the future.

I suppose she would have had to put a deposit down for the extra she was having done to the van.

It seems like the dream camper van may not be happening as Wilkes posts an "honest" chat about why her mom is to blame for her money problems.

She should have listened to her bear fam when they suggested she think of the future.

I suppose she would have had to put a deposit down for the extra she was having done to the van.
🙄🙄 not the first time she’s whined about how it’s all her mothers fault. along with ‘my counsellor told me I try to make my self feel better by buying things’ (fair enough but they tell you these things so you can identify habits and try to break them, not use it as a stupid excuse and carry on)
Ugh she’s bloody 50 years old. When is she actually going to take responsibility for her own life?

I haven’t watched the video. Did she say why she might not be getting it?
I hope the moneys all gone and she’s found out she won’t get that second pay out she was on about.

Reactions: 4
Wilkes mentioned a possible live today at 2 PM. I much prefer it when she can't run away from the questions. All Aboard the "Pity Party Express," BearFam.

Does she drink?

I’ve only just started rewatching her vlogs.
She does. Which certainly won't help her depression. Since her mental state was due to her mother wouldn't that have been a pre-existing condition and her mom, not the tax payers should have been paying the lump sum?

To say your Mother might as well be Dead wow what a lowlife scumbag :mad:
Calling herself an orphan was low too. There are plenty of us who cared about their parents who actually are orphans. Myself included!:mad:

🙄🙄 not the first time she’s whined about how it’s all her mothers fault. along with ‘my counsellor told me I try to make my self feel better by buying things’ (fair enough but they tell you these things so you can identify habits and try to break them, not use it as a stupid excuse and carry on)
Ugh she’s bloody 50 years old. When is she actually going to take responsibility for her own life?

I haven’t watched the video. Did she say why she might not be getting it?
I hope the moneys all gone and she’s found out she won’t get that second pay out she was on about.
She began by putting the baby dad down because it was his weekend with Ellie and she didn't want to pick it up alone. Then she said some sort of spiritual guidance led to her ex-colleague retiring and moving to France, therefore selling her camper van, which wasn't as nice. Then she started to think it might be a good idea to give up her dream car and spend all she has left on the camper van. She would rather buy her friends cheaper van,

Some how this moved into the "I Blame My Mom" - oh poor me - segment. And admitting she has a problem with money. I wouldn't be surprised if it is gone and the van would put her back into debt - as the title of the vlog, Debt and Depression suggests. I have always felt that she exaggerated on the $200,000, even if she didn't she was spending so recklessly who could keep count?

Today's live may tell us the final answer if she is getting the van or not. I think not. I think it was always a fantasy and the two weeks or however long it took to put in the microwave shelf, TV, or other details before she could pick it up. It bought time for a story. And the spiritual guide to her probably sounded good, especially since she wants to be a ghostbuster and get on that show.

I cannot see the camper van people doing the extra work and having the van off the lot for sale for two weeks without a sizable down payment.

Of course, these theories are my own.

Last edited:
She began by putting the baby dad down because it was his weekend with Ellie and she didn't want to pick it up alone. Then she said some sort of spiritual guidance led to her ex-colleague retiring and moving to France, therefore selling her camper van, which wasn't as nice. Then she started to think it might be a good idea to give up her dream car and spend all she has left on the camper van. She would rather buy her friends cheaper van,

Some how this moved into the "I Blame My Mom" - oh poor me - segment. And admitting she has a problem with money. I wouldn't be surprised if it is gone and the van would put her back into debt - as the title of the vlog, Debt and Depression suggests. I have always felt that she exaggerated on the $200,000, even if she didn't she was spending so recklessly who could keep count?

Today's live may tell us the final answer if she is getting the van or not. I think not. I think it was always a fantasy and the two weeks or however long it took to put in the microwave shelf, TV, or other details before she could pick it up. It bought time for a story. And the spiritual guide to her probably sounded good, especially since she wants to be a ghostbuster and get on that show.

I cannot see the camper van people doing the extra work and having the van off the lot for sale for two weeks without a sizable down payment.

Of course, these theories are my own.
Thanks for the recap. Don’t think i could manage sitting through from the sounds of what she said.

If she didn’t want to pick it up alone she could have asked a friend to come with her. Oh wait, she’s such a nasty woman, she hasn’t any.

Spiritual guidance? 🙄🙄🙄 more like an empty purse. Wonder if that same spiritual guidance told her it’d be a great idea to spend 2 to 3 grand on t shirts and teddies in Florida...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.