The Weather #3 Meteorology moaning

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's extremely nice but extremely cold. Bitter.
I really need to retire the leggings, please if anyone has seen fleecy nice sports leggings tell me.

Reactions: 2
I can’t get warm. My heating is on high too, I’ve got raynaulds too. My husband is walking round in shorts and t shirts, I’m wearing fleece pjs and a dressing gown

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Wowww it's cold this morning isn't it. Car park was one big sheet of ice, ended up on my arse. Happy Friday 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Sod living in Scotland at the moment, especially further north there. I can just about bear this cold and I'm in South East England. Not sure how people handle the cold in more northern countries. Is British cold different than Scandinavian and far eastern cold or what? I feel it to my bones lol
Yes our cold is also damp, theirs is dry cold and for some reason even though the temperature is lower it doesn’t feel it and is more bearable

Reactions: 1
I just answered the door to my neighbour wearing a purple Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore dressing gown. 😬
I expect you looked very shexy, to go Sean Connery!

Bloody freezing here, heater arriving tomorrow. Well it's alright at the moment as the oven is on but I was trembling this morning when I first woke up.

It's extremely nice but extremely cold. Bitter.
I really need to retire the leggings, please if anyone has seen fleecy nice sports leggings tell me.
Some people just don't FEEL it, my friend was telling me with great delight that people are in shorts at their work.

I eyed him quivering with cold in my winter coat, and near icicle encrusted eyelashes outraged. And said "well lucky them", bitterly.

• Haha
Yes our cold is also damp, theirs is dry cold and for some reason even though the temperature is lower it doesn’t feel it and is more bearable
That's interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks. This cold is brutal. I wonder if that's why when it snows here the cold weather doesn't feel as bad as when it doesn't snow. Well, that's just me anyway.

Dropped my husband at the station this morning at 8am, it was -5. I don’t think I have ever seen it that cold. I’m in the east of England. What’s really weird though is that it wasn’t icy 🤔 apart from on the cars.

It’s 1 at the moment (NE). Horrid black ice with snow on the top. Already fallen over twice today. It’s forecast to get colder tomorrow then warm up (to 5 !!! 😄) by next weekend.

Still not as bad as the -13 of 2010.

Why can’t it be normal?

Yes, it's extremely cold and icy and some places have had snow (although most places barely an inch from what I can see) and these things can cause difficulties but oh my goodness, when did people become so absolutely hysterical about a bit of weather? I imagine most of the fuss is actually just an invention of the tabloids but we do look mortifyingly incompetent and absurd compared to other northern countries.

How is it everywhere else like Sweden is able to just get on with it when stuff like this happens but not us Brits? Every year I am so embarrased.

I need to get out of the country for a few months at this time of the year. It's horrible weather. I think next year I'll leave for 3 months in December. duck going through this every year.

It's dark already and it's not even 5pm :(

At least we're not in Finland though (I assume most of you aren't??), apparently they only have a few hours daylight certain times of the year.

It's cold here but not too bad, although I have my coat on far too much.

Don’t want to make this a thread about hearing but just to say mine has been on constantly for the last 48 hours. I don’t remember ever leaving it on overnight but I have had it on low to stop the temperature from dropping so much that it takes ages to heat up again. There is also a real danger of frozen pipes it’s that cold.

Reactions: 4
It's been strange here today its been - 1 to 2 but most of the frost that hasn't shifted for the last few days has mostly melted now thought maybe it's because it's going to snow but we aren't forecast any here

No snow here, it rained yesterday, then froze overnight, outside was like an ice rink, we live in sticks so no gritters around, managed to get out and buy a couple bags of rock salt, there was a queue for them, reminded me of the toilet rolls!!!!

-3 here most of tomorrow according to my phone!! Week after its back up to 6 so looks like its due to get milder.

We got barely even a dusting of snow last night but it was very icy come morning. Just rain today so far but I hate ice more than snow. I will end up on my arse when I go out in it, guaranteed. Even the snow boots I brought a while back don't grip enough.

• Sad
I can’t get warm. My heating is on high too, I’ve got raynaulds too. My husband is walking round in shorts and t shirts, I’m wearing fleece pjs and a dressing gown
Maybe you could try a thermal vest underneath the PJs, thick socks, a hot water bottle or hand warmers?

Or perhaps getting under a thick duvet or blanket might help too?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.