The Watcher - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Crock of tit wasn't it? I love Naomi Watts usually but I thought the some of the characters were totally miscast. I was expecting g Jennifer Coolidge to 'Bend and Snap' and Bobby Cannavale to turn into the gay police officer from Will and Grace.

Reactions: 11
I know the story it’s based on doesn’t have a conclusion as such. But this was all over the place, plot holes everywhere. Seemingly important information revealed but doesn’t go anywhere and then never gets mentioned again, for example the video of the teen girl getting into bed with the dad. It was just really really poor, poor writing, poor direction and pace and even Bobby Cannavale who has been in loads of stuff and is actually a very good actor looked as if he had just left his first acting class.

Reactions: 8
I feel a bit sorry for Mia Farrow, who I think is a great actress. I've not seen her in anything for years, and she gets saddled with this pile of nonsense

Reactions: 3
i finished it yesterday and went straight to youtube to watch an 'ending explained' video and someone had left a comment that made quite a lot of sense which was something like, "it was as though they'd signed for a 10 episode series but at ep 6 they'd been told to end it and so ep 7 felt rushed with lots of things being left open and unfinished" - which i think sums up the final episode well.

Reactions: 13
I don't know why they couldn't have said it was inspired by a true story and created their own ending for it.

Absolute waste of time

Reactions: 9
I don't know why they couldn't have said it was inspired by a true story and created their own ending for it.

Absolute waste of time
I said the exact same to my friend. They could have just loosely based it on the true story and wrapped it up properly rather than that dog tit ending. So lazy

Reactions: 9
Just finished this and came on here to see if someone cracked the ending 🤣

I am quite disappointed, not necessarily that we don't know who the watcher is, but because they tried doing everything they could to make it interesting, twisty and mysterious that it turned out to be a whole lot of nothing.

I thought the ending itself was fine. People had so much trauma/past relationships in this house and kept coming back. Kept watching it. In the end, they're all watchers because they can't let go of their past.

However this doesn't justify who the duck is murdering pets, breaks in, phones them, sends the letters.

Perhaps it's the preservation society William, Jasper and the lady with glasses, the masterminds, they're trying to scare the owners to preserve the houses original state. We'll if it's so then they failed hard.

Overall they tried high quality tricks but too many of them made the whole thing very cheap.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I finished it today. I have so many thoughts.

actually I don't, I only have one - what a load of bobbins.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What a load of gash!

I'm embarrassed for everyone involved in this which is a shame as it had loads of potential. It was laughably bad. I think everyone involved was permanently pissed. It's the only explanation.

Reactions: 7
This is the most boring show I’ve watched all year. Don’t even know how it ends because I gave up. I was hoping Jennifer Coolidge did it though, makes sense to make a load of commission through the repeat selling and buying etc

Reactions: 4