The Watcher - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah she’s so good in it. But her character is a different vibe to everyone else, it gives it almost a parody feel when it’s meant to be a serious thriller 🤣 I don’t think it knows what it is. It gives me scream queens vibes at times.
exactly! she’s amazing (and the most entertaining part imo) but it’s like she’s wandered in from a completely different show. a show i really want to watch 🤣

the vibes are all over the place and i wasn’t surprised to see it’s a ryan murphy number. his stuff is always very watchable but agree that i don’t think it knows what it’s supposed to be.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
yeah she’s so good in it. But her character is such a different vibe to everyone else, it gives it almost a parody feel when it’s meant to be a serious thriller 🤣 I don’t think it knows what it is. It gives me scream queens vibes at times.
Omg yes!! And especially the stuff about

the Mitch and mo blood cult thing, I was like where the duck is this going

Reactions: 6
Yes the tone is all over the place. It really should say 'inspired by' as so much is embellished and made up and characters are so over the top.

Once I stopped thinking of it as an adaption of a true story I enjoyed it more. I actually didn't rate Jennifer Coolidge in this, but maybe because the character felt out of place. I did think Noma Dumezweni was excellent though.

But yeah it's just another ryan Murphy fantasy project, although this one surprisingly lacked pretty young men for his gaybaiting

Yes the tone is all over the place. It really should say 'inspired by' as so much is embellished and made up and characters are so over the top.

Once I stopped thinking of it as an adaption of a true story I enjoyed it more. I actually didn't rate Jennifer Coolidge in this, but maybe because the character felt out of place. I did think Noma Dumezweni was excellent though.

But yeah it's just another ryan Murphy fantasy project, although this one surprisingly lacked pretty young men for his gaybaiting
yess she was really good as Theodora! The two leads were annoying, I don’t rate Naomi watts as an actress at all but she’s always getting roles somehow 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I sat up till the small hours last night to watch the final episodes. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I believe it was based on two different stories, how loosely I have no idea, but I found it quite gripping. The ending wasn’t what I was hoping for, but that wouldn’t put me off recommending it. Loved the estate agent, she was horrible, no wonder they get a bad name. 😂

• Haha
yess she was really good as Theodora! The two leads were annoying, I don’t rate Naomi watts as an actress at all but she’s always getting roles somehow 🤣
I read a funny review online which said how terrible the lead characters were, and how it was as though the real couple it was based on wanted their fictional selves to be as stupid as possible so it was nothing like them. It also mentioned Nora's pottery being beige and bland, predictably just like her 🤣

I was also left disappointed by the ending.

• Haha
I read a funny review online which said how terrible the lead characters were, and how it was as though the real couple it was based on wanted their fictional selves to be as stupid as possible so it was nothing like them. It also mentioned Nora's pottery being beige and bland, predictably just like her 🤣

yeah the pottery was ridiculous 🤣 it was like a parody again. In all these American dramas/thrillers the mom is always an artist. so generic

Reactions: 9

The real owners said they wanted no part in it and wanted the main characters to not resemble them in any way

I just feel like it’s a new series of AHS

Reactions: 4
I’ve decided to stick with it

The most unrealistic thing about this show is how he’s cooking a RED TOMATO SAUCE IN A WHITE JUMPER

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
In case everyone hasn’t finished it yet…
Well, that’s 7 hours of my life I won’t get back. Thoughts I had whilst watching:

I thought Naomi Watts was supposed to be a good actress. She really isn’t in this.

Why are they trying to shag in the middle of the day all the time when they are likely to get caught, their kids aren’t babies they can shag at anytime including the evening with the door shut.

Jennifer Coolidge was awful, granted she isn’t going to win any Oscar’s generally, but she was really bad in this. She started off well and then morphed her character into the same role she plays in everything. What was the point of her role?

Why wasn’t there more fuss made about about the neighbours who came back from the dead. The neighbours whose son kidnapped their lookalikes from a self help group, murdered them and then tried to pass them off as his parents, he did that and yet there was nothing in the papers/social media. Nothing?

What was the point of John Graff?

Is this supposed to be scary? Creepy? Suspenseful? Is it a drama? A horror? What was the genre?

Netflix keep throwing money at stuff and hiring otherwise good actors and the end result of late is lifetime/afternoon movie on channel 5 quality.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Just finished this and totally agree with everyone else’s comments! Generally I enjoyed it until the final episode

which was just so annoying when there was no conclusion! I really didn’t get wtf the blood sacrifice creepy neighbours were about either… it just seemed so random?! One minute she was an absolute horror and the next a friendly granny next door 😊 It was really bizarre. I think if it had just been kept to it being suspenseful thriller it would be more satisfying, but I really thought it was going somewhere scary and it just….didn’t

I agree it doesn’t know what genre it’s meant to be!!

Reactions: 7
Their problem could have been simply solved by closing their curtains and installing those indoor motion sensors 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Their problem could have been simply solved by closing their curtains and installing those indoor motion sensors 😂
It was such a big house, imagine how long it must have taken to check all the windows were locked each night

Also why was their bed not up against a wall? Asking for trouble that

Reactions: 7
It was such a big house, imagine how long it must have taken to check all the windows were locked each night

Also why was their bed not up against a wall? Asking for trouble that
The placement of their bed really annoyed me. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12