Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spilttea

VIP Member
In case everyone hasn’t finished it yet…
Well, that’s 7 hours of my life I won’t get back. Thoughts I had whilst watching:

I thought Naomi Watts was supposed to be a good actress. She really isn’t in this.

Why are they trying to shag in the middle of the day all the time when they are likely to get caught, their kids aren’t babies they can shag at anytime including the evening with the door shut.

Jennifer Coolidge was awful, granted she isn’t going to win any Oscar’s generally, but she was really bad in this. She started off well and then morphed her character into the same role she plays in everything. What was the point of her role?

Why wasn’t there more fuss made about about the neighbours who came back from the dead. The neighbours whose son kidnapped their lookalikes from a self help group, murdered them and then tried to pass them off as his parents, he did that and yet there was nothing in the papers/social media. Nothing?

What was the point of John Graff?

Is this supposed to be scary? Creepy? Suspenseful? Is it a drama? A horror? What was the genre?

Netflix keep throwing money at stuff and hiring otherwise good actors and the end result of late is lifetime/afternoon movie on channel 5 quality.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

Lalla

VIP Member
I have so many unanswered questions about this, but I can't decide if they are meant to have answers or I'm looking for meaning that isn't there because it was all a big heap of nothing 😂😂

What was the significance of Theodora always wearing gloves?

Theodora says she was the Watcher but she wasn't, that was a lie. But was everything else she said a lie too - so John Graff did murder his family and those were the real photos...then what about the girl who appeared at night, was she meant to be real? A ghost?

Going back to John Graff, was he meant to be the person living in the tunnel? Are we to assume the reason he killed his family was a) because they were annoying - although to be fair, the son in particular didn't seem to have done anything wrong and b) because he was having an affair with Pearl next door??! And what was the thing about the bodies being drained of blood?

Then there's Mitch and Mo - are they in a blood cult? Were the 2 people killed (and mistaken for them) actually just random homeless people, was it their son who did it? Was the guy who accused them an actor or was that just coincidence?

At the end when the teacher guy says to John Graff that he knows where he recognises him from, is this meant to be that he knows he's John Graff?

What was with people reusing the same phrases, anything in that or just a red herring? (at one point I thought it was going to be a Truman Show type thing and everyone was an actor apart from the main family!)

Who was meant to have killed the ferret?

Finally where was Nora making all these pots she kept selling?! We never once saw her anywhere near a kiln or potters wheel! 😂 The most she did was waft about in beige, and go to the country club!

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
I just finished this -

WHO IS THE WATCHER?!

They found a secret tunnel under the house with a person there and they just block it up???? They don't explore it more? I know it wasn't just under their house but surely you would explore it further? Especially when there was literally a bedroom down there.

Did I miss something here?!

Reactions: 20

hol20x

VIP Member
Just finished this..
I feel like I wasted 7 hours of my life. What a disappointing ending. I was expecting so much more from this show.
I really enjoyed it but then the last episode was just a huge let down. If I'd known there was no real conclusion I wouldn't have bothered!

Reactions: 20

LaBlonde

VIP Member
i’m halfway through and just have to say that jennifer coolidge is outstanding in it 🤣

she seems to be in a different show to everyone else but, god, i love her.

preparing myself for a disappointing ending based on the comments here!

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
I finished it today. I have so many thoughts.

actually I don't, I only have one - what a load of bobbins.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

soymilk

VIP Member
i finished it yesterday and went straight to youtube to watch an 'ending explained' video and someone had left a comment that made quite a lot of sense which was something like, "it was as though they'd signed for a 10 episode series but at ep 6 they'd been told to end it and so ep 7 felt rushed with lots of things being left open and unfinished" - which i think sums up the final episode well.

Reactions: 13
I really enjoyed it but then the last episode was just a huge let down. If I'd known there was no real conclusion I wouldn't have bothered!
totally agree. Such a pointless ending after all that mystery and build up. I don’t see the point in the show being made when there’s no satisfying ending 🤣

Reactions: 13

hol20x

VIP Member
It was such a big house, imagine how long it must have taken to check all the windows were locked each night

Also why was their bed not up against a wall? Asking for trouble that
The placement of their bed really annoyed me. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Fmf17

Chatty Member
How do you add a spoiler?

what a crock of shit just finished it last night. So many unanswered questions and a lazy ending.

• Haha

NN22

Their problem could have been simply solved by closing their curtains and installing those indoor motion sensors 😂

• Haha

Warpaint

VIP Member
Hmmmm....

I keep getting baited by these bloody netflix shows. They all have the same vibe as well, middle class family with a teen daughter and younger son. It was all over the place and not even one little thing got answered. The whole proximity didn't even make sense - sometimes it was like it was the neighbours against them, then they'd go to the police and it would seem like it's a whole town against them. Then there's this country club in just the middle of nowhere. Stiflers Mom was her usual self. Not seen Naomi in years but she's never been great, I can imagine she takes herself very seriously. All around a general waste of time

• Heart
Reactions: 11
i’m halfway through and just have to say that jennifer coolidge is outstanding in it 🤣

she seems to be in a different show to everyone else but, god, i love her.

preparing myself for a disappointing ending based on the comments here!
yeah she’s so good in it. But her character is such a different vibe to everyone else, it gives it almost a parody feel when it’s meant to be a serious thriller 🤣 I don’t think it knows what it is. It gives me scream queens vibes at times.

Summernights

VIP Member
I’ve decided to stick with it

The most unrealistic thing about this show is how he’s cooking a RED TOMATO SAUCE IN A WHITE JUMPER

Last edited:
  • Haha

Just here to say

Chatty Member
Just finished this and came on here to see if someone cracked the ending 🤣

I am quite disappointed, not necessarily that we don't know who the watcher is, but because they tried doing everything they could to make it interesting, twisty and mysterious that it turned out to be a whole lot of nothing.

I thought the ending itself was fine. People had so much trauma/past relationships in this house and kept coming back. Kept watching it. In the end, they're all watchers because they can't let go of their past.

However this doesn't justify who the fuck is murdering pets, breaks in, phones them, sends the letters.

Perhaps it's the preservation society William, Jasper and the lady with glasses, the masterminds, they're trying to scare the owners to preserve the houses original state. We'll if it's so then they failed hard.

Overall they tried high quality tricks but too many of them made the whole thing very cheap.

• Heart

Cady1954

VIP Member
Crock of shit wasn't it? I love Naomi Watts usually but I thought the some of the characters were totally miscast. I was expecting g Jennifer Coolidge to 'Bend and Snap' and Bobby Cannavale to turn into the gay police officer from Will and Grace.

Gossip101xoxo

I’m glad it’s not just me who found it a waste of time! I kept seeing rave reviews and thought I was missing something, but no, it was just a load of guff!

Reactions: 10
I read a funny review online which said how terrible the lead characters were, and how it was as though the real couple it was based on wanted their fictional selves to be as stupid as possible so it was nothing like them. It also mentioned Nora's pottery being beige and bland, predictably just like her 🤣

I was also left disappointed by the ending.
yeah the pottery was ridiculous 🤣 it was like a parody again. In all these American dramas/thrillers the mom is always an artist. so generic

Reactions: 9