The Watcher - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmmm....

I keep getting baited by these bloody netflix shows. They all have the same vibe as well, middle class family with a teen daughter and younger son. It was all over the place and not even one little thing got answered. The whole proximity didn't even make sense - sometimes it was like it was the neighbours against them, then they'd go to the police and it would seem like it's a whole town against them. Then there's this country club in just the middle of nowhere. Stiflers Mom was her usual self. Not seen Naomi in years but she's never been great, I can imagine she takes herself very seriously. All around a general waste of time

• Heart
Reactions: 11
tbh the real story is fascinating, Ryan Murphy just made it an ali express version of AHS

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I just finished this -

WHO IS THE WATCHER?!

They found a secret tunnel under the house with a person there and they just block it up???? They don't explore it more? I know it wasn't just under their house but surely you would explore it further? Especially when there was literally a bedroom down there.

Did I miss something here?!

Reactions: 20
I did feel like they were setting it up for a second series so that might also play into so many loose ends.

I think the weakness in the streaming model is starting to show. The need for constant content means quality drops and brand recognition drops. Netflix once used to be the place for exciting original and quality content. But now it's become more like lifetime/channel 5 afternoon type content

Reactions: 7
I did feel like they were setting it up for a second series so that might also play into so many loose ends.

I think the weakness in the streaming model is starting to show. The need for constant content means quality drops and brand recognition drops. Netflix once used to be the place for exciting original and quality content. But now it's become more like lifetime/channel 5 afternoon type content
Perhaps that’s one of the reasons I kept with The Watcher. Very often, I like the outline of the plot, then after fifteen minutes , I think it’s going to be rubbish. So my expectations are very low. Only go to Netflix now if all else fails, and as soon as my Grandson moves away next year, the subscription will be cancelled.

Reactions: 1
I’m glad it’s not just me who found it a waste of time! I kept seeing rave reviews and thought I was missing something, but no, it was just a load of guff!

Reactions: 10
I have so many unanswered questions about this, but I can't decide if they are meant to have answers or I'm looking for meaning that isn't there because it was all a big heap of nothing 😂😂

What was the significance of Theodora always wearing gloves?

Theodora says she was the Watcher but she wasn't, that was a lie. But was everything else she said a lie too - so John Graff did murder his family and those were the real photos...then what about the girl who appeared at night, was she meant to be real? A ghost?

Going back to John Graff, was he meant to be the person living in the tunnel? Are we to assume the reason he killed his family was a) because they were annoying - although to be fair, the son in particular didn't seem to have done anything wrong and b) because he was having an affair with Pearl next door??! And what was the thing about the bodies being drained of blood?

Then there's Mitch and Mo - are they in a blood cult? Were the 2 people killed (and mistaken for them) actually just random homeless people, was it their son who did it? Was the guy who accused them an actor or was that just coincidence?

At the end when the teacher guy says to John Graff that he knows where he recognises him from, is this meant to be that he knows he's John Graff?

What was with people reusing the same phrases, anything in that or just a red herring? (at one point I thought it was going to be a Truman Show type thing and everyone was an actor apart from the main family!)

Who was meant to have killed the ferret?

Finally where was Nora making all these pots she kept selling?! We never once saw her anywhere near a kiln or potters wheel! 😂 The most she did was waft about in beige, and go to the country club!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
It felt like a very watered down series of AHS, they even used the same music.

Reactions: 4
Finished this last night and had been reading here anyway but I quite enjoyed it as just something to watch. If you forget about the fact it was ‘based on true events’ I think it’s better. Wasn’t really scary, actually found some of it funny. Mainly Jennifer Coolidge’s acting.

Reactions: 6
How do you add a spoiler?

what a crock of tit just finished it last night. So many unanswered questions and a lazy ending.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Finished this last night and had been reading here anyway but I quite enjoyed it as just something to watch. If you forget about the fact it was ‘based on true events’ I think it’s better. Wasn’t really scary, actually found some of it funny. Mainly Jennifer Coolidge’s acting.

I hear you :D :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ok so I finished it and I actually enjoyed it. I think it was just left in a cliffhanger and also in the real story it was never resolved. Think they left it open for you to make up your own theories.

This show is so odd! On episode 6 and I just don’t get the vibe at all, it seems too ridiculous to be true, like a hammer horror type thing at times. All the over acting is painful.

Reactions: 8
Ok so I finished it and I actually enjoyed it. I think it was just left in a cliffhanger and also in the real story it was never resolved. Think they left it open for you to make up your own theories.
I found it quite poignant at the end, because the man was going to have his life ruined by being unable to let the situation go.

Reactions: 7
Yeah - I thought the same -
But what was the point in having the wife in the car behind? Is she also unable to let it go?

I'm on ep 6 but I've read all your spoilers so I know what's gonna happen pretty much lol, also, don't know what this says about my personality but I was hoping it was gonna be a bit darker, creepier, scarier!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think the director forgot to tell Jennifer Coolidge she wasn't in a comedic role.

I love her but her acting was unintentionally hilarious :D

• Heart
Reactions: 8