The Try Guys

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just looking at the comments on Ned's insta, surprised he didn't disable them, not one positive (obviously)

Reactions: 4
YB chang- food baby #2 with Alex, also an editor

Maybe he’s kept them open to build a case about defamation a là Amber Heard
very true! did not think of this, but he is clearly very calculating, it is unliekly to be an oversight I guess. what is YB going to do? will she get another partner?

Reactions: 1
i thought it was interesting that they said they hadn’t done any NDAs with any employees. Two things from that-
- I still think they may have signed something with Ned. He was never an employee. It’s probably the cleanest way to draw a line under it, especially if he was being a head about it.
- They haven’t settled Alex out and maybe don’t intend to. I think they’re hoping they’ve dealt with it so well that she actually has very little leverage. So then she can either stay or quit, but the company will never have paid her off or silenced her, so they can say they’ve stayed true to their values.

As for what YB will do, she was always the best food baby anyway. Weirdly addictive to watch eating. I think they might give her a new segment but hopefully they’ll move away from the babies thing as it was, if I remember correctly, born out this idea of food babies and daddies which, let’s face it, hasn’t aged well!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
- They haven’t settled Alex out and maybe don’t intend to. I think they’re hoping they’ve dealt with it so well that she actually has very little leverage. So then she can either stay or quit, but the company will never have paid her off or silenced her, so they can say they’ve stayed true to their values.
Yep and they probably don't have to worry about her staying, she's not going to want to stay in a job where everyone she works with is pissed at her. If she has even an ounce of shame she'll quit on her own.

Reactions: 1
Having said that, I think it speaks volumes that the boys assumption was that Ned was being sly or contrived with it. That’s clearly what they expect from him now.
must've been acting a similar way in any meeting they had to discuss his future or via lawyers. i think he was probably prepared for backlash from ariel and a marriage breakdown but not of the business he apparently owned the majority of and thrown a huge hissy fit

Reactions: 2
I get the sense that they feel more betrayed because of the business side of things

It makes sense given that their friendship is the core of their business but it does also make me question their friendship 🤷‍♀️

RE Alex: I have seen some say that she won't be fired for legal reasons but that she's likely expected to start finding a new place to work and will probably sign an NDA when she leaves
exactly this! I don't believe for a second that they are THAT upset over the whole debacle from a friendship's point of view. I think they are primarily super pissed as businessmen- that their wholesome brand image that brings them all the money has been jeopardized (which is very understandable ofc). They will be more than fine because they financially gained a lot from Nedgate because they handled it so well (PR Masterclass material). Thus, I can't stand Zach's manipulation We GoNnA bE s PoOr nOw (aka a call to action to their parasocial superfans to join their Patreon).

I think they like each other but I am sure all of them would cut the others out without any hesitation in case of a fuckup that threatens their income. If you are multi-millionaire CEOs, are ambitious and wanna increase your success, you have to be cutthroat. That is just how it is in the business world. Their BFF spiel is their whole BRAND, it does not reflect at all the degree of their friendship privately.

Reactions: 5
Zach's manipulation We GoNnA bE s PoOr nOw (aka a call to action to their parasocial superfans to join their Patreon).
Also really don't like this and how I have seen fans totally fall for it.

I have no doubt the whole ordeal has been expensive, especially if they had to buy Ned out (which is very likely) but these guys are far from poor and the money will likely be made back fairly quickly because everyone for the next few weeks will probably want to see if anything else has been said

I'm sure their sponsorships won't be affected too much because they kicked Ned out fairly quickly once it all went public too

Reactions: 7
LOL. not Zach saying "parasocial relationships are totally cool". The dude wants to make sure the coin keeps flowing because parasocial relationships are their whole business model. Really clever and subtle manipulation.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
LOL. not Zach saying "parasocial relationships are totally cool". The dude wants to make sure the coin keeps flowing because parasocial relationships are their whole business model. Really clever and subtle manipulation.
I saw that and thought I had stumbled upon soemthing from like 6 months ago, I thought the whole parasocial relationships things was now seen (as it should be) as negative, but as you say it is basically their business model at this point... or was

Reactions: 5
thank you for saying this!

being a youtuber is always deliberately blurring the lines between you and your fanbase tbh (you need them to be invested in you, or at least the version of you that they see) - they’ve seen that blow up with ned so it was clever manipulation to try and bring that back.

So SNL did a Try Guys skit. It's not very funny TBH and minimalises the whole thing (probably because Ned is friends with an SNL writer):

1665312531580.png

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
So SNL did a Try Guys skit. It's not very funny TBH and minimalises the whole thing (probably because Ned is friends with an SNL writer)
It's crazy how much they're minimising what Ned did! It's also interesting how this sketch is emphasizing the "consensual" part, just like Ned's statement. Maybe he's really worried that he might get into more trouble for the relationship having been with a subordinate?

Reactions: 7
It's crazy how much they're minimising what Ned did! It's also interesting how this sketch is emphasizing the "consensual" part, just like Ned's statement. Maybe he's really worried that he might get into more trouble for the relationship having been with a subordinate?
Whilst it's important it was consensual the thing is YOU HAVE A WIFE AND 2 CHILDREN.

God, SNL, isn't if funny a family has been broken up *sarcasm*

Reactions: 6
Whilst it's important it was consensual the thing is YOU HAVE A WIFE AND 2 CHILDREN.

God, SNL, isn't if funny a family has been broken up *sarcasm*
it is funny becuase they did a really good job of minimising it, their writers are clever I will give them that. If I wasn;t a fan of the try a=guys and didn't know the story I would have no idea what the big deal was, the fact that it was 2 people cheating, in a workplace environment was totally ignored

That’s so fucked up and even more so if Ned is involved 💀

Reactions: 2
This really grinds my gears - a white man is finally being held accountable for his actions (by other white men no less) - this should be commended not ridiculed. SNL is normally pretty ‘woke’, I bet they have dozens of sketches about how white men in power get away with all kinds of tit, so it is disappointing that they’re now belittling Ned being fired for gross misconduct.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This really grinds my gears - a white man is finally being held accountable for his actions (by other white men no less) - this should be commended not ridiculed. SNL is normally pretty ‘woke’, I bet they have dozens of sketches about how white men in power get away with all kinds of tit, so it is disappointing that they’re now belittling Ned being fired for gross misconduct.
SNL has had a long history of workplace harassment towards women so this is a whole other level of gross really.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I bet Ariel is so pleased her pain and betrayal is being minimised and mocked on national tv by saying it’s a ‘consensual kiss’.
I hope she leaves his ass. #TeamTry

Reactions: 14