The Try Guys

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
new video ...

eugene's rage is so clear oh my god. honestly think they've handled this really well, he was officially signed out of the company almost two weeks before things blew up. obviously they can't unfairly dismiss alex bc of the power dynamics but how often they mentioned the rest of the team in a five min vid shows they clearly care about their staff and their wellbeing. upcoming sponsorships that they're still contractually obliged to post though ... awkward 😬
anyone else notice they contradict themselves in the video?
Keith says they found out when we found out when it splashed all over the internet.
But they also say they have been editing Ned out of videos for weeks.
Which is it?
When did they really find out about the infidelity?
Why do I get the vibe they knew about Ned's ways, indeed swept it under the rug as they say they didnt but only addressed it once something hit the public forum so widely...
hmmmmmm

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Why do I get the vibe they knew about Ned's ways, indeed swept it under the rug as they say they didnt but only addressed it once something hit the public forum so widely...
hmmmmmm
The person who leaked the images or messages that led to this is rumoured to be Alex’s ex-fiancé from what I understood

I understand being angry but making it so public seems a bit extreme to me? I do wonder whether he felt like not enough was being done to remove Ned and that’s why he made the choice to go public with it

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Keith says they found out when we found out when it splashed all over the internet.
Which is it?
hmmmmmm
Keith said they were alerted to it by some fans on Labor Day weekend (at the start of September) so they started taking action. Then it became more public so they had to put a statement out quicker than they expected last week. He didn’t mean they only found out last week.

Reactions: 12
Which is it?
hmmmmmm

I haven't rewatched the video but I thought Keith said they got told by people who spotted them out at the club and that was weeks ago and after asking Ned and Alex discovered it was a longer affair not a one night thing then began the process.
Then it all exploded on the internet a few weeks later before they were ready to formally announce (probs wanting to announce after the contracted sponser vids with Ned are released.

When they say "we found out with all of you" I think what they really mean is they were as shocked as we are just a couple weeks prior. They are clearly trying to hammer in they didn't know before seeing those photos - whether they were aware is up for debate.

Reactions: 6
The person who leaked the images or messages that led to this is rumoured to be Alex’s ex-fiancé from what I understood

I understand being angry but making it so public seems a bit extreme to me? I do wonder whether he felt like not enough was being done to remove Ned and that’s why he made the choice to go public with it
So glad I found this thread! I don't know anyone else who watches them, what on earth was ned thinking being so brazen about it in public though?! like kissing someone in a busy bar when you are a pretty well known figure..
The timeline they have made in the video though made 0 sense, although I did like Eugene making the point about how women are usually more harshly judged for these things

new video ...

eugene's rage is so clear oh my god. honestly think they've handled this really well, he was officially signed out of the company almost two weeks before things blew up. obviously they can't unfairly dismiss alex bc of the power dynamics but how often they mentioned the rest of the team in a five min vid shows they clearly care about their staff and their wellbeing. upcoming sponsorships that they're still contractually obliged to post though ... awkward 😬
Yeh Eugene is visibly seething, as would I be if my business partner had been so utterly careless and cost me so much money. Zach ctually seems like he is close to tears

I’m not a cheating is 100% game over person, but who could forgive someone cheating on you for a year if that’s true.
yeh I could agree a drunken hookup or something, but a year long relationship.... absolutely no way, the level of duplicity is horrendous

Last edited:
Yeh Eugene is visibly seething, as would I be if my business partner had been so utterly careless and cost me so much money.
That, and he and Ariel are really close.

Zach ctually seems like he is close to tears
That was honestly the hardest part of the video. You just want to give him a hug.

Reactions: 6
Ooof. I also suffer with RBF much like Eugene, but I actually really respect him for showing his clear upset and rage with Ned. So often, especially professionally, we are told to keep our feelings inside and not to allow them to dictate decisions etc. But Eugene is clearly betrayed and enraged with Ned and by Ned's behaviour - I'm glad that's clear to see. I certainly don't read the video as any kind of performance from the three remaining chaps - I don't think any of them are that good at pretending, tbh!

For me, what is wildly apparent is how disappointed they all are in the length of time this was going on for, but also how long they have invested in their company and brand and what Ned's actions have done to both of those things. No wonder Eugene is absolutely apoplectic, they have put close to a decade of work into this. I would be seeeeething.

Reactions: 13
Ooof. I also suffer with RBF much like Eugene, but I actually really respect him for showing his clear upset and rage with Ned. So often, especially professionally, we are told to keep our feelings inside and not to allow them to dictate decisions etc. But Eugene is clearly betrayed and enraged with Ned and by Ned's behaviour - I'm glad that's clear to see. I certainly don't read the video as any kind of performance from the three remaining chaps - I don't think any of them are that good at pretending, tbh!

For me, what is wildly apparent is how disappointed they all are in the length of time this was going on for, but also how long they have invested in their company and brand and what Ned's actions have done to both of those things. No wonder Eugene is absolutely apoplectic, they have put close to a decade of work into this. I would be seeeeething.
Yeh, I agree, it is not only a betryal on a business level but also a friendship one, which makes it so much bigger. I actually liked the video for them clearly showing their emotions like this tbh, much better to see than the usual "we are still great friends and..." blabla bullshit that would usually be the case. Also does convince me that they didn;t have a real idea about it, as someone else said he was close to Ariel so i assume he wouldn;t have just ignored anything he knew. I also liked the appreciation they have for their staff and how this is all affecting them, I cannot begin to imagine the money they are losing now because of Ned being a total moron. I do wonder what he will end up doing? And also her, I doubt she would want to continue working somewhere where people probably dislike her. I hope that Ariel continues to participate in the channel as the ultimate FU to ned

Reactions: 8

isn’t eugene also a child of divorce himself too? i could imagine this hitting him a more personal level too, and thinking about the children affected, so i fully get his level of anger, his voice was so flat like he was trying to keep his cool.

it is crazy that, in terms of how they talked about the backstory, that it was ned who pushed to start their own brand etc, and it is ned who has basically blown it all up.

isn’t eugene also a child of divorce himself too? i could imagine this hitting him a more personal level too, and thinking about the children affected, so i fully get his level of anger, his voice was so flat like he was trying to keep his cool.

it is crazy that, in terms of how they talked about the backstory, that it was ned who pushed to start their own brand etc, and it is ned who has basically blown it all up.
I think you're right, yes - in the documentary, his Mum brings her second husband to the show, I think? I should know really, I've watched enough of their content! With Eugene, the feeling I always have had is that you have his trust and loyalty 100%.....until you do something to lose it, at which point you are pretty much dead to him. The Mr Darcy of YouTube, if you will.

It's so true regarding Ned pushing the brand and them setting up alone - the feeling I got from the documentary was not 'we wanted to go it alone and do it together', but more that they happened to be leaving Buzzfeed at around the same kind of time - then that Ned had this idea and enough of the business acumen to make it work. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, hey 😕

What I also think in terms of Ned is....what a bleeping walking, talking cliché he became. The knob that believed his own hype, allowed 'power' to go to his head and shagged someone at work when he had a wife and young family at home. It just feels like the tale as old as time, I think everyone knows someone or heard of someone that's done it. Urgh.

Yeh, I agree, it is not only a betryal on a business level but also a friendship one, which makes it so much bigger. I actually liked the video for them clearly showing their emotions like this tbh, much better to see than the usual "we are still great friends and..." blabla bullshit that would usually be the case. Also does convince me that they didn;t have a real idea about it, as someone else said he was close to Ariel so i assume he wouldn;t have just ignored anything he knew. I also liked the appreciation they have for their staff and how this is all affecting them, I cannot begin to imagine the money they are losing now because of Ned being a total moron. I do wonder what he will end up doing? And also her, I doubt she would want to continue working somewhere where people probably dislike her. I hope that Ariel continues to participate in the channel as the ultimate FU to ned
I've been wondering what Ariel will end up doing, too. She and Ned had borderline set up a husband/wife DIY/interior decor partnership (I think they even had one with Target?), obviously she was part of the Try Wives (oof), and she and Ned had a cookbook/date night series too. Everything is tied to him, their relationship and their marriage. Striking out alone won't be easy - and I can imagine Ariel not wanting to monetise their marriage recovery (if that's the route they go down) or the single Mum thing either 😕

Reactions: 9
I've been wondering what Ariel will end up doing, too. She and Ned had borderline set up a husband/wife DIY/interior decor partnership (I think they even had one with Target?), obviously she was part of the Try Wives (oof), and she and Ned had a cookbook/date night series too. Everything is tied to him, their relationship and their marriage. Striking out alone won't be easy - and I can imagine Ariel not wanting to monetise their marriage recovery (if that's the route they go down) or the single Mum thing either 😕
I’ve seen some people point out how a lot of Ned’s expressions about Ariel were saying she is his wife rather than just naming her

I wonder if there’s a level of control in the relationship where Ariel wasn’t really allowed to go and set up her brand away from Ned in case the worst happened

Reactions: 5
I’ve seen some people point out how a lot of Ned’s expressions about Ariel were saying she is his wife rather than just naming her

I wonder if there’s a level of control in the relationship where Ariel wasn’t really allowed to go and set up her brand away from Ned in case the worst happened
that is very true, i saw something on youtube yday which kind of mashed together all the times he said "my wife", i had never noticed it at the time, but thinking about it I couldn't remember her name, I know Keith's wife Becky as he always names her as such (and I am not good with names). Looking back it is bizaree. If I were Eugene I would be pitching for more videos with Ariel

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else kinda wish they could've been a fly on the wall when they all confronted Ned?
What do you think went down in the room where it happened?
Pls someone make a video re-enacting what they think was said

Reactions: 10
Where were they when they found out. There's proof ariel flew to NY then back home on the same day and that's when tit went down

Poor Eugene. Him and becky are so close to Ariel

Reactions: 2
Man, that video is really a PR masterclass! They used those weeks between labor weekend and when the scandal broke very wisely. The video shows their emotion in the best way possible (not too much not too little) which makes them not only even more relatable to fans but also to advertisement partners. They handled it all so well! I think their channel got really stale over the last year or so and regardless of how sad the current situation is, it'll give them a new start, more subscribers, and new ad deals in the long run.

Reactions: 10
But Eugene is clearly betrayed and enraged with Ned and by Ned's behaviour - I'm glad that's clear to see. I certainly don't read the video as any kind of performance from the three remaining chaps - I don't think any of them are that good at pretending, tbh!
Oh I agree. They're feeling exactly what they're expressing.

I just thought it was amusing that Twitter blew up about Eugene's face during the video, when even on a good day, he looks angry even if he's smiling.

Reactions: 2
Okay, soooo Ned and Alex were caught red-handed again at a romantic restaurant in LA (Castaway) in May 2022. The person who spotted them filmed them and saw them kissing etc. She send the video and further photos privately to Ariel but it's unclear at this point if she saw the message.

The sheer arrogance to take your mistress to a hotspot in LA, just some miles away from your studio, making out with her in broad daylight and not caring about being seen? jfc Ned

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Okay, soooo Ned and Alex were caught red-handed again at a romantic restaurant in LA (Castaway) in May 2022. The person who spotted them filmed them and saw them kissing etc. She send the video and further photos privately to Ariel but it's unclear at this point if she saw the message.

The sheer arrogance to take your mistress to a hotspot in LA, just some miles away from your studio, making out with her in broad daylight and not caring about being seen? jfc Ned
Takes a long time to get that comfortable. Was at least going on since winter 2021. Maybe even before. And finn was only born in 2020.

I can’t wait for any NDAs to expire. Give us the goods!

I am a long time fan, former Patron etc. Can’t believe Ned, excited to see the future.