The Try Guys

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SNL has had a long history of workplace harassment towards women so this is a whole other level of gross really.
Yes, indeed. I wonder how much SNL try to divert attention away from the Horatio Sanz lawsuit they are currently in.

Reactions: 5

Idk if anyone has seen it but this guy basically makes the point that Buzzfeed as a company probably contributed to the whole Ned cheating so publicly thing. Ned used to be the head (if I remember right, it's said in the video) of the internship programme which was basically based on exploiting young aspiring adults for content

I'd recommend a listen if anyone enjoyed those Why I Left Buzzfeed videos

Edit - he also ends with a story on Ariel and Ned and how different they were to him after he had been fired from Buzzfeed. Ariel remembered him, Ned somehow didn't

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
the whole consensual relationship thing in the statement was purely to save himself from an actual legal 'uh oh here's the literal police coming to arrest me for sexual harassment' situation, which is completely different from 'uh oh i broke a clause in my work contract by sleeping with an employee'.

snl focussing on that instead of the other three's right to be hurt by ned losing them millions of existing dollars, prime time tv show slot, millions of hypothetical dollars, trust, respect from their audience (but obvs they've handled it well), legal costs, costs in buying him out as majority stakeholder, costs in paying editors more hours to digitally remove him, and above all a really decent adult friendship is quite insulting.

the try guys will be fine, but ned couldn't guarantee that when he slept with alex could he? they're making content about it because they need to provide context to upcoming work with him in. there's so many layers to this that snl dismissing it as being 'woke' or whatever makes them look really bleeping stupid imo

Reactions: 8

Idk if anyone has seen it but this guy basically makes the point that Buzzfeed as a company probably contributed to the whole Ned cheating so publicly thing. Ned used to be the head (if I remember right, it's said in the video) of the internship programme which was basically based on exploiting young aspiring adults for content

I'd recommend a listen if anyone enjoyed those Why I Left Buzzfeed videos

Edit - he also ends with a story on Ariel and Ned and how different they were to him after he had been fired from Buzzfeed. Ariel remembered him, Ned somehow didn't
From the "wy I quit buzzfeed" things years ago I already thought it seemed like a really toxic climate, which was why I was always surprised the try guys were able to leave with their brand tbh. Some of this guy's stories seem bizarre but looking at the bigger picture could be real ..he does seem pretty unlikeable though tbh . Implying that he was not hired as he was white or whatever? O found a weird undercurrent of Jordan Peterston type thing there

Reactions: 1
So SNL did a Try Guys skit. It's not very funny TBH and minimalises the whole thing (probably because Ned is friends with an SNL writer):
I have been an SNL fan longer than I've been a Try Guys fan, but that skit rubbed me the wrong way. While I initially chuckled at the accuracy of the look of the video (outfits, background, the actors, etc) I couldn't find anything funny about the skit. I wondered if I was in the minority in feeling like the skit was done in poor taste, and relieved to see that others felt the same. People who are lampooning the guys for taking this so seriously and being so transparent about it forget that their majority audience are comprised of girls and young women, who may have, or will experience/witness multiple instances of a man in power not being held accountable for his actions. The Try Guys handled this situation very well, and I think it serves as a great example to their audience of the change in tides on how a white, hetero, cis-man who is in a position of power (and also friends and business partners with other men in power) can't just get away with everything.

From the "wy I quit buzzfeed" things years ago I already thought it seemed like a really toxic climate, which was why I was always surprised the try guys were able to leave with their brand tbh. Some of this guy's stories seem bizarre but looking at the bigger picture could be real ..he does seem pretty unlikeable though tbh . Implying that he was not hired as he was white or whatever? O found a weird undercurrent of Jordan Peterston type thing there
he is INCREDIBLY unlikeable and i found the video a hard watch for that reason (and didn’t make it through) but it has always been interesting to me that buzzfeed really struggle to hang onto their talent. it seems that as soon as a person or group makes their own name and can leave on their own, then they will (the unsolved guys recently for example, and kelsey too). it’s like they can’t wait to leave! this guy’s stories are weird and poorly expressed, but i believe them.

Reactions: 3
he is INCREDIBLY unlikeable and i found the video a hard watch for that reason (and didn’t make it through) but it has always been interesting to me that buzzfeed really struggle to hang onto their talent. it seems that as soon as a person or group makes their own name and can leave on their own, then they will (the unsolved guys recently for example, and kelsey too). it’s like they can’t wait to leave! this guy’s stories are weird and poorly expressed, but i believe them.
Didn't Safiya N leave as well and say how absolutely awful it is at BuzzFeed?

Reactions: 2
Their latest video is rather fun (1st of a 2 parter). Fun Fact: Ned was edited out of it, you really can't tell which just shows how fantastic their editors are.

Reactions: 6
if you search youtube for "why I quit buzzfeed" there are bout a million videos, it seems like an awful place to work that is really badly managed

Reactions: 5
she did! i think as soon as a creator is able to build a big enough fanbase to go it alone then they run a mile from there - it sounds an incredibly toxic place to work.

she did! i think as soon as a creator is able to build a big enough fanbase to go it alone then they run a mile from there - it sounds an incredibly toxic place to work.
I cannot remember if it was her or someone else who said it, but, first of all all the content you make for them is theirs (which I guess is logical, in a way) but also every time you have a review (each year or whatever) if you are not promoted they fire you, you are not allowed to just "stay" in the same position, which seems totally bizarre

• Wow
if you search youtube for "why I quit buzzfeed" there are bout a million videos, it seems like an awful place to work that is really badly managed
Yeah, I was just recently recommended some of Alix’s videos, didn’t even knew she left Buzzfeed, but she’s reviewing her weirdest food videos and even just these short videos highlight how crazy that place is.

Yeah, I was just recently recommended some of Alix’s videos, didn’t even knew she left Buzzfeed, but she’s reviewing her weirdest food videos and even just these short videos highlight how crazy that place is.
so have I! yeah really seems like they worked SUCH lomg days at some points as well

I just got recommended a youtube video about how ned wS apparently caught having sex in a car during the day with someone (not his wife) months ago

• Wow
  • Haha
I just got recommended a youtube video about how ned wS apparently caught having sex in a car during the day with someone (not his wife) months ago
I saw this on the Reddit and when I tell you my jaw DROPPED