Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

marblicious89

Yes, in reality there isn’t much they can do as the #hosted stays have been completed. They are sunk costs.

Going forward AMI Locals is in damage control mode. And might be consulted legal counsel as to liability for the drone flight.
Exactly. They can't back-bill the slackers for anything and the hilarious part is that the primary audience on the channel are NOT the young, hip travelers looking for a $1600/night rental. The channel now caters almost exclusively to families, delusional disney fans (I love Disney but come on now...) and absolutely INSANE creepy retired ladies named Ellen. So they really got absolutely nothing out of this except for a few more followers maybe who will like some photos, but never book a stay. Even their reposted photos from the Trackers get virtually no comments. None of the stans converted over to the AMI Locals page. Total waste of money.

So at the end of the day whether AMI Locals wants to acknowledge the concerns shows more about the standards they hold for their business practices than anything, at least in my eyes. They could very easily put up a statement or they can ignore it and hope it goes away. If the FAA does come a-knockin for Tim though, I hope they realize there is no way in HELL that he isn't going to try and drag them down with him. He will do anything to avoid any kind of responsibility or accountability for his actions. Hope they have the good lawyers on standby.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

nrs264

VIP Member
I see where people are coming from saying Jenn wears the trousers, and I agree to an extent. But he exhibits some very controlling behaviour on her quite a lot of the time. I think it's a bit of a toxic relationship in both directions

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
The amount of holding. The amount of strapping in. #LetJacksonDown #FreeJackson
This! It drives me insane, I’m sick of seeing that poor child being restrained, held, caged in, just let the poor child be free.
It made me so angry in that video where she is taking about bandit and Jackson is so upset because he wants to be put down and she just won’t let him. He’s like a little prisoner.

not_interesting

The whole little buddy thing is weird but they want everything to be a catch phrase.
Of course every time I hear little buddy I think of Gilligan.

• Haha

BippyG

Dim lied in the AMI Instagram stories...he said this is our first look with you guyssss
Then later on he says I caught the sunset from up here earlier 😂 I mean seriously 😂

• Haha

WhiskeyBusiness

It's hilarious that they are in the theme parks everyday, they constantly eat out, they hang out with friends, they presumably had a birthday party for Jackson and have stayed in god-knows how many hotels the past 7 months, but they draw the line at indoor rides (in the same videos they go into tribute stores, kiosk ques and merch locations)... are they really under the impression that they are being safe and taking precautions lol

mjm9

VIP Member
#Bulgegate2020 keep it here for all your bulgegate needs, we won’t rest till we find you the truth! Where is Tim’s bulge?

also anyone that has brought the drone situation to the attention of AMI or FAA, I would love an update if you are given one
AMI Locals has remained silent in general to all the #Hosted stays and misconduct on the Trackers part.
I was supposed to get a phone call back last Friday.
To date no such call.
No response to the emails sent

Guess they are adhering to: 🙉🙈🙊
Hear no evil
See no evil
Speak no evil

• Sad

HereForTheT3a22

VIP Member
Jackpot is always being controlled. I understand protecting your children but jesus

Dim was practically holding him back the entire time they were on the beach. Let the kid have some freedom

don’t even get me started on that “playpen”. They are the epitome of lazy parenting. They aren’t concerned with safety, they don’t feel like chasing him around which is what they should be thoroughly enjoying at this age.

when our little guy was that age, chasing him around the house was our favorite activity

• Sad
  • Heart

Notmyname35

Chatty Member
Seems like they take a vacation every time they get snubbed at a media event.
You might have just cracked the code!

that Jen twitter post about her MIL might become my new copypasta, I’ll start leaving it in the comment section of their videos.....I’m sure I’ll promptly be blocked and deleted🤷‍♂️

edit: also how do you get 100k views on a video but only get 5k likes?Is this a normal ratio?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha

Love_the_kitz

VIP Member
WDW News Tonight just ripped Tim & Jenn with 'What's new on Disney+?',,,,It's the Ding Dang Theory,,,,,,
Good on them! I hate how perfectly good vloggers are looked down on due to the idiot ones out there giving them all a bad name. Tom's pessimism rubs me the wrong way some times and he's very arrogant, but he's not an idiot.

Christmas countdown challenge for anyone who's up for it ... the 24 Ding Dang nights of dumb things Tim and/or Jenn ever thought about Disney.
Wait. That's probably way too easy.

Bierman

Chatty Member
Would have been nice if they had thanked Jim and Nicole since they did all the party planning (and probably set up too)

ditzydolly

Was this “drone flying” place another AMI Locals rental?
If so, where was it?
Thanks.

In this video, at roughly the 16:30 mark, Tim flies the drone from the beach house they were staying at, across the road and over to the beach. I don't know where he, himself, was operating as the pilot as I don't see him appearing on the screen during the footage. Maybe he was on the beach somewhere? Regardless, he violates several basic drone operation rules like flying over cars, flying over people not involved in the production of the footage, and potentially leaving line-of-sight with the drone itself.

I agree 100%
However, don't drones come with a notice in the box stating they need to register for one?
There are several kinds of "registrations" a pilot can do for drone operation. Basically, anyone operating a drone is supposed to register the drone with the FAA and agree not to fly it for commercial purposes without applying for a Part 107 license, which requires completion of a course with a test at the conclusion.

Since Tim doesn't appear in the FAA database, he does NOT have a Part 107 license, which *COULD* have permitted him to operate the drone the way he did by applying for the appropriate waivers, but since he doesn't have a Part 107 license, he absolutely did NOT have permission to operate the drone the way he did.

So, he may have registered the drone with the FAA for basic, non-commercial flight, but he absolutely does not have Part 107 clearance.

It's 2020 - these rules and regulations are clearly stated on any drone documentation, so for him to operate the drone like this is beyond irresponsible.

Boobzmagee

VIP Member
Since they are such selfish people they will probably do a pregnancy reveal on jackpots birthday. He will just luuuuuiivvvvvvvv it. Won't you buddddeeeeeer!?!?

mjm9

VIP Member
Congratulations on the new baby! Remember it’s a learning experience. Trust your gut instincts, support your partner, and hang in there. Eventually they sleep through the night and it gets easier.
🥳 Congratulations 🎊🎉🎈

Everyone above gives great advice.

Relax and enjoy!
The years go by so very quickly.
Savor every experience and nuance.
They are only (whatever age at that moment) ONCE in their lifetime.

Love_the_kitz

VIP Member
Yes, they were not too concerned about staying safe the day Jenn pushed her way to the front outside the crystal palace to see piglet. She came across as so entitled .
To be honest neither she not Tim care one iota about Jackson potentially catching this virus. Her only concern is that her income source doesn't stop.

If it’s the Halloween video.
Jenn booked it from the Frontierland area, pushed her way to the front and interrupted a lady taking pictures of her kids.
Yeah, she ran right up the backside of that woman in red who was next in line to get a pic with her kids. The term "social distancing" is null and void if it means Jenn has to wait. Good on that woman for only giving Jenn the stink eye and not asking her to back off. She's better than I would have been.

Cued up for you:

• Angry