The Tim Tracker #178 Xmas Is Starting Now (on Tattle)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know much about working in Montessori. Would it be less likely for the teachers at a Montessori school to intervene and make recommendations for testing? The philosophy is that learning is child-led and way more free wheeling than traditional education. Do they take that approach with interventions as well? If so then they’re not doing any favors to a lot of children who present with learning differences, as those aren’t always evident until the child enters a classroom setting.
I actually like the Montessori approach generally but just like anything it varies wildly kid to kid. In my opinion, it's a poor fit for J$ due to his parents' shittiness and clear lack of boundaries so J$'s behavioral issues are just growing deep "roots" since nobody is correcting them and it will be almost impossible later for J$ to adjust. This particular school also has a notorious reputation for being money-grubbing, terrible at communicating, and not a good fit for kids who need additional support so there's that.

Edit to add: Montessori is unfortunately being co-opted lately by influencers and people who want it for their kid as a status symbol (remind you of anyone). More and more of these places are popping up charging big $$$ for people to send their kid. It gives me the ick and seems like the polar opposite of the spirit of the original Montessori concept but oh well.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I don’t know much about working in Montessori. Would it be less likely for the teachers at a Montessori school to intervene and make recommendations for testing? The philosophy is that learning is child-led and way more free wheeling than traditional education. Do they take that approach with interventions as well? If so then they’re not doing any favors to a lot of children who present with learning differences, as those aren’t always evident until the child enters a classroom setting.
I think this is why they don't discipline J$. They think they're following the Montessori method, which is not the case. He still needs guidance and discipline. I really dont think a Montessori school is the best option for him. He needs a lot more structure.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m traveling this weekend to get away and still can’t wait for the 🫖 later.
—-
As an aside, my mom is now cancer free and I’m just awaiting the judges decree on the divorce. Thank you everyone for your kindness. It’s been a crappy 9 months and it’s amazing how one’s whole life can change, isn’t it? Great community here for us all being so unwell 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I actually like the Montessori approach generally but just like anything it varies wildly kid to kid. In my opinion, it's a poor fit for J$ due to his parents' shittiness and clear lack of boundaries so J$'s behavioral issues are just growing deep "roots" since nobody is correcting them and it will be almost impossible later for J$ to adjust. This particular school also has a notorious reputation for being money-grubbing, terrible at communicating, and not a good fit for kids who need additional support so there's that.
Agreed. I had one child that flourished in a Montessori style educational environment but it was a disaster for my other two. For children that are creative, enjoy independent learning and have initiative it works well. For children that require routine, regularity and security (and BOY do I put J$ in this category) as well as a more formalised style of learning Montessori is not for them. It's all about understanding your child's learning style and needs, then doing your research to find the best school to meet their needs.

In other words..... parenting.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
This newest voog is… different.

Almost like Dim slipped Ginn some of Buddy’s calm-down medication.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Private schools are less likely to recommend testing because they don’t want to be held responsible for providing necessary accommodations.

Reactions: 11
Jenns “educational” voice is highly annoying. Like… JUST BE NORMAL!

Buddy, where is the RED ball?
Are you looking for your ORANGE truck?

It’s so robotic, and unnatural, and not motherly at all.

I’ve been watching past vlogs when Jackson was this age, and she was the same with him.

Reactions: 20
Jenns “educational” voice is highly annoying. Like… JUST BE NORMAL!

Buddy, where is the RED ball?
Are you looking for your ORANGE truck?

It’s so robotic, and unnatural, and not motherly at all.

I’ve been watching past vlogs when Jackson was this age, and she was the same with him.
Yeah it's so awkward. To me it seems like she's taking advice from somewhere to try to improve their speech but if they just spoke normally and with a lot of different words on a regular basis she wouldn't have to be doing this weird Dora the Comelona voice.

Reactions: 19
I didn't watch the vlog but did he also purposefully drive through Disney saying that was the way to the optometrist? I swear he's done or said that before about going to the eye doctor.

Newsflash Tim - from a fellow Orlandoan - you don't need to drive through Disney to get to Reams Rd.
It's possible to get to Reams Rd. other ways that don't involve Disney.
Are you sure you didn’t watch the vlog?!? 🤭🤭🤭 (jkjkjk) he definitely drove through Disney, and made sure to have the camera rolling as he was driving to point out he was on Disneys property.
It’s so staged. He probably had to show the viewers how close to Disney the place is in order to get the free services.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
I have family coming over to celebrate Father’s Day. They better leave before tea time! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Are you sure you didn’t watch the vlog?!? 🤭🤭🤭 (jkjkjk) he definitely drove through Disney, and made sure to have the camera rolling as he was driving to point out he was on Disneys property.
It’s so staged. He probably had to show the viewers how close to Disney the place is in order to get the free services.
Nah, I've actually been good lately and have steered clear! :ROFLMAO: (though I may have to watch some of these cruise ones to see how they try and spin that shitshow.)

I swore he did that before (or mentioned having to do that about driving thru Disney for the eye doctor), so that's why I remembered. Gotta get Disney in there somehow. So predictable as always. 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Tim also said that his right eye is “dominant” and his left eye (the wonky one) “is lazy and useless”.

The same could be said about J5D!
Henceforth, let Jenn be known as 'left eye fat wad'!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm going to start with a disclaimer for the lurkers/newcomers. I booked this cruise when it was first announced. It was a 7 night Inaugural Lighthouse Point cruise with a stop at Castaway Cay and Nassau. This was my 18th Disney Cruise. So, we cruise Disney. A lot. This is my 6th cruise in 2 years. I DID NOT book this cruise because I thought the Trackers would sail on it. It didn't even occur to me that they would be on it until a few months before sailing. Even then, I figured they were on the DVC cruise with The Holy Moly. We are a family of all adults, so I thought, even if we were on the same sailing, that we wouldn't see them. I'm an early riser. We don't spend a lot of time in the pool/kid's splash pad area. I thought I would maybe see Tim recording at the deck parties and big events. I was wrong.

I was to be clear here: I NEVER followed them if I saw them. I NEVER tried to find them. I NEVER looked around to see if they were around me. For some bleeping weird reason, they were just always where I was. If they weren't were I was at any given moment, one of them showed up. Towards the end of the cruise, I was convinced that they were actually stalking me. Kidding, but maybe not.

Again, for clarity: I NEVER approached them. I NEVER spoke to them, although this one time, I do not know how I had enough self control to not go off. Even when seated very close to them, I did not look in their direction. I did not engage them. I did not take photos or video, with the exception of when we were all in very large crowds. I also did not record the children. I could have. I could have a million times. But, unlike Tim, I have morals and will not exploit someone else's child.

About me: I am an introvert who hates interacting with people but I absolutely love to people watch, if that makes sense. I could sit on a bench at the Magic Kingdom for 12 hours and just watch people. They posts I make going forward will be about my observations while I was on this cruise.

• Heart
Reactions: 109
I'm going to start with a disclaimer for the lurkers/newcomers. I booked this cruise when it was first announced. It was a 7 night Inaugural Lighthouse Point cruise with a stop at Castaway Cay and Nassau. This was my 18th Disney Cruise. So, we cruise Disney. A lot. This is my 6th cruise in 2 years. I DID NOT book this cruise because I thought the Trackers would sail on it. It didn't even occur to me that they would be on it until a few months before sailing. Even then, I figured they were on the DVC cruise with The Holy Moly. We are a family of all adults, so I thought, even if we were on the same sailing, that we wouldn't see them. I'm an early riser. We don't spend a lot of time in the pool/kid's splash pad area. I thought I would maybe see Tim recording at the deck parties and big events. I was wrong.

I was to be clear here: I NEVER followed them if I saw them. I NEVER tried to find them. I NEVER looked around to see if they were around me. For some bleeping weird reason, they were just always where I was. If they weren't were I was at any given moment, one of them showed up. Towards the end of the cruise, I was convinced that they were actually stalking me. Kidding, but maybe not.

Again, for clarity: I NEVER approached them. I NEVER spoke to them, although this one time, I do not know how I had enough self control to not go off. Even when seated very close to them, I did not look in their direction. I did not engage them. I did not take photos or video, with the exception of when we were all in very large crowds. I also did not record the children. I could have. I could have a million times. But, unlike Tim, I have morals and will not exploit someone else's child.

About me: I am an introvert who hates interacting with people but I absolutely love to people watch, if that makes sense. I could sit on a bench at the Magic Kingdom for 12 hours and just watch people. They posts I make going forward will be about my observations while I was on this cruise.
Here we go peeps…….

Reactions: 20
I love how we are all sitting here together waiting for Xmas to post.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Thank you for all the tea and I ALSO hope you had a great time!

🙄 the gif was bigger and played automatically when I previewed my post….grrrrr

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.