The Tim Tracker #158 Will our budget get as tight as our pants?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is the thing. I like to use Mr. Beast as an example. It is obvious he uses an editor or is really, really, really good at editing his own vlogs. Assuming Mr. Beast hires an editor. It is clear that Mr. Beast makes his "vibe" known when delegates his vision to his editor.

I know that Safiya Nygaard has an editor as she has mentioned it in her vlogs. Same thing there, it is pretty obvious she makes her vision VERY OBVIOUS what direction she wants her vlogs to her editor.

Jenn, Mr. Beast and Safiya Nygaard has MILLIONS of subs and MILLONS of views. Mr. Beast on his last vlog as of today had 40% of his subs (assuming they were all subs watching. Which they are not as I am not a sub and I watched. Either way 40% no matter what is great in YT world) and Safiya got 20% of her subs. What have you been getting lately? 4%.

This is a person who could not figure out how to see Barbie in the theatre without renting the whole place. Umm, hire a babysitter, actually parent your kids or watch it when it comes out on DVD/Streaming. So yep, they are really out of touch with reality.
Ali Abdaal mentioned in one of his recent videos that the best thing he did for his channel was to hire an editor and he actually likes editing and is really good at using editing to tell a story. If he can let go to an editor, somebody can clearly portray their crappy content.

Reactions: 11
The plan was obviously for Jenn to edit during the week, Tim to go film, and maybe do a home vlog once a week.

Back in May or June when she did her brave one-mile drive to the store, I’m sure the plan was also for her to do preschool pickup.

It was not for Jenn to have a nanny, not edit and not help with the driving 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Agreed 100% Everyone always says how they need an editor but the footage they come up with simply does not necessitate one.
What Jenn needs is time management skills and for Tim to put his foot down and hold her accountable.
What Jenn needs is to get off her fat arse and get busy. And by busy I don’t mean eat more because that’s all she fills her day with.

Reactions: 24
Tim used to edit the vlogs himself.

So, in theory, they don't need to hire an editor or a nanny.

In a "normal" scenario where Jenn isn't a useless leech -

TIM:

He'd would wholly take over the filming and editing of the vlogs as his "full-time" job.
He would go to the parks more, film seasonal events across all the parks (not just eating at Disney), go back to being a "travel / theme park" channel, and edit his work.

If he legit tended to provide Jenn with umpteen unnecessary hours' worth of footage as she'd say (doubtful because he's not even in the parks that long most days), he'd soon learn first-hand that he needs to streamline his filming practices.

She'd show him (hahaha - that's funny) any things she may have incorporated over the years that he may not be as familiar with now, and he'd pick up where she left off.

JENN:

She'd - gasp! - be a MOM and actually drive Jackson to / from school, dote on and care for Oliver, take both boys to the library, take them to their swim classes, etc. Make breakfast, dinner, etc. without having to tell people about it. (I know! Shocking) In short, be an attentive mother who doesn't try and push off her duties onto other paid help.

She'd recognize it is Tim's channel first and foremost. He started it. Now that they have two kids, she needs to take a backseat and let Tim do the bulk of the "real" work while she tends to their MIRACLE offspring.

They could do a once a week "home vlog" where updates are given, if they so desire for the fruitloop stans (but hopefully by going back more toward a theme park-centric channel, they'd lose those nutjobs and gain more "normal" viewers / subscribers again).

And Jenn could maybe pop in for a "date" with Tim a few times a month and take the kids to grandma and grandpa. Like everyone else who has children have to do.

I know this scenario will never happen. :ROFLMAO: But makes the most sense to me.
This is exactly how a responsible, non-dysfunctional family would work. Seeing you type it out in black & white makes me even more sad for the boys with their detached "mother" and chaotic schedule

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Someone might have already referenced this....but does it look like Dim is flashing us in this pic?
Screenshot_20240108_124457_Instagram~2.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Tim used to edit the vlogs himself.

So, in theory, they don't need to hire an editor or a nanny.

In a "normal" scenario where Jenn isn't a useless leech -

TIM:

He'd would wholly take over the filming and editing of the vlogs as his "full-time" job.
He would go to the parks more, film seasonal events across all the parks (not just eating at Disney), go back to being a "travel / theme park" channel, and edit his work.

If he legit tended to provide Jenn with umpteen unnecessary hours' worth of footage as she'd say (doubtful because he's not even in the parks that long most days), he'd soon learn first-hand that he needs to streamline his filming practices.

She'd show him (hahaha - that's funny) any things she may have incorporated over the years that he may not be as familiar with now, and he'd pick up where she left off.

JENN:

She'd - gasp! - be a MOM and actually drive Jackson to / from school, dote on and care for Oliver, take both boys to the library, take them to their swim classes, etc. Make breakfast, dinner, etc. without having to tell people about it. (I know! Shocking) In short, be an attentive mother who doesn't try and push off her duties onto other paid help.

She'd recognize it is Tim's channel first and foremost. He started it. Now that they have two kids, she needs to take a backseat and let Tim do the bulk of the "real" work while she tends to their MIRACLE offspring.

They could do a once a week "home vlog" where updates are given, if they so desire for the fruitloop stans (but hopefully by going back more toward a theme park-centric channel, they'd lose those nutjobs and gain more "normal" viewers / subscribers again).

And Jenn could maybe pop in for a "date" with Tim a few times a month and take the kids to grandma and grandpa. Like everyone else who has children have to do.

I know this scenario will never happen. :ROFLMAO: But makes the most sense to me.
All sounds reasonable and obvious to me. I’d even say limit it to 5 uploads per week including two to four home vlogs per month. Heck, one could even dream and have Jen edit the home vlogs so much if that’s her favorites.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Hey Jenn....stop taking pics in .5. It works great if you know what you're doing, but you don't and it just makes both Tim and his boyfriend look too distorted. This shouldn't be used as a promo pic for anything. But even in .5, Tim needs bigger shorts.

You guys need to come up with something better than that_tracks_pod for your instagram name, it's stupid.

And you for certain aren't at Walt Disney World, you're in Tim's backyard in Lake Nona. :rolleyes:

IMG_3710.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Aren't they supposed to upload every Monday? I think it was in one of the confusing hybrid podcast descriptions in like 7 different platforms.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Aren't they supposed to upload every Monday? I think it was in one of the confusing hybrid podcast descriptions in like 7 different platforms.
Yes. And it will be interesting to see if they take any advice from the comments. Like trying not to show off Tim's mangina.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
New shitcast dropped!

Nick's constant squinty-face chipmunk giggle drives me INSANE...I mean, unwell. 😉

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
I think Jenn is convinced that everyone loves them and will just watch every video they put out, no matter how mundane it is. But I think Tim realizes that’s not true and maybe they should actually, well, try

And yes, I’m sure there are some people who are stans (or hatewatchers 😉) who watch all the vlogs but I think that number is dwindling for sure. I think there are more and more people like us who only tune in for the train wreck, and I can’t even be bothered to watch the vlogs for the lols anymore. The race video is the first one I watched in weeks…people are just bored and/or annoyed with them.

If this is their job then they should treat it like one… Tim can go out most weekdays and film a video, Jenn can crappily edit it and get it uploaded the next day. They could do one home vlog a week that contains footage from the whole week and upload it on the weekend or something. Maybe every other month they could do a smaller trip and they could do like two or three “bigger” trips a year like a cruise or out of state Disney park. But it’s getting weird that they do so many staycations when they don’t even get that many views anymore and I think it’s even turning the stans off…🤔

Reactions: 19
At least Tim took the feedback about his flesh colored shorts.
I had to go check this out---Tim also made sure he had a "bunch" in his pants this time (for context, in school, guys would often "play with the bunch"---the empty tent made in the crotch of their pants when they were sitting in a desk).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
New shitcast dropped!

Nick's constant squinty-face chipmunk giggle drives me INSANE...I mean, unwell. 😉
I skimmed through this snooze fest. Good lord. So boring. Nickydicky does basically all of the talking.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Hey Jenn....stop taking pics in .5. It works great if you know what you're doing, but you don't and it just makes both Tim and his boyfriend look too distorted. This shouldn't be used as a promo pic for anything. But even in .5, Tim needs bigger shorts.

You guys need to come up with something better than that_tracks_pod for your instagram name, it's stupid.

And you for certain aren't at Walt Disney World, you're in Tim's backyard in Lake Nona. :rolleyes:

View attachment 2676533
Does anyone else see the similarity?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.