The Tim Tracker #144 People who are set for life don’t shout out names for 99-cent SuperStickers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am 49. So I am in the same age group as you.

If you think about it, Tim is 40 and Jenn is, what? 39. So not "that" much younger than us. While I do like some Harry Styles and Taylor Swift songs, I am out of their target group (I don't have kids, so the only reason I'd be in their target audience would be because I have a 15 year old girl I might go and see a concert with her (or Beyoncé, which I would actually be in the upper end of her target audience)). Long winded way of saying that they are not exactly even Harry Styles target age group. BUT I am sure Harry Styles is enjoying the concert money of two older Millennials with no teenage girl kids, lol.

No diss to people like Madonna. While one of my friends I've known since High School still LOVES Madonna. There are alot of people do still like her. I think Madonna compared to Metallica, Paul McCartney, Billy Joel (he was selling out monthly baseball stadiums), or Bruce Springsteen is peanuts. Taylor Swift will still be around (at least to me personally) in 40 years. I think she will be the Madonna of her age group. But she won't be Bruce if that makes sense?!

Harry Styles on the other hand, if he still has a career in 40 years I will be surprised.
I’m 41. Never really cared for Madonna. Taylor isn’t bad, but I wasn’t jumping to buy tickets. If I had daughters that wanted to go that’s really the only reason I’d buy tickets. I’m a diehard Dave Matthews fan (he’s currently in the top 6 touring bands a couple spots behind Metallica). I’ve been going to shows since ‘96, that is the one that I’ll continue to go to until they retire. Sad that Phil Collins just did his last show ever due to his health. That was a true bucket list item that I won’t get. I missed the last 2 PGH shows because we had already had other things booked on the days.
When you think about it, Dim & Nitwit are like a boy band. They are eventually going to fade out as boy bands tend to do. Visually they look terrible and will continue to age in dog years, looking 98 when they’re like 50. Who wants to watch that??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
New thread time folks, anybody above a certain number of posts and time here can post one:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.