The Tim Tracker #139 Not enough sponsored deodorant in the world to cover stench of this dying channel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For those, like myself, trying to understand Florida home backyard enclosures.
The first thing non-Floridians need to understand is that Florida has bugs the size of parakeets, and they swarm like a bleeping Alfred Hitchcock movie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
If they moved the door to the family room then they'd pretty much step right into the pool.

Looking at this picture, I actually think there's a decent amount of room right between the door and the pool. But I think whoever designed that pool did not do it effectively with the space.

View attachment 2330934
In this pic it looks like there is more space. This is where I would put a door. Unless this is all an optical illusion lol

FACDF7BC-4E71-415C-A635-496471017FEB.jpeg

Reactions: 15
I do not recall our outdoor kitchen being permitted, so I'm guessing not. I'll have to go back and find where he said it, but he mentioned having to go through the wall and run something from the inside of the house, too.

Tim is not an electrician. He hasn't worked in the construction field in what 8-10 years? I would not allow my husband to duck around with electricity for an outdoor area if he was untrained. My husband actually has electrical and plumbing experience from the Navy and I wouldn't let him duck around with outdoor power in rainy, humid Florida. Hire a professional before you blow up your house, dumbass.

The way they take care of things, this very expensive project is going to be a nasty mildewy mess in a short amount of time. I did see a pressure washer in the garage when they were showing off the outdoor kitchen, so there is no reason why the back of the house was as nasty as it is.
Absolutely. My hubby is a carpenter and he will dabble in most handyman things - concreting, laying tiles etc but he refuses to touch electrical or plumbing - he says only professionals should do that work.

Reactions: 16
That kitchen looks so big.

The more I look at this, the more I think they have lost their minds. Maybe they should have challenged themselves to use the actual pool ten times in a year, then maybe treat themselves to a renovation. There was nothing wrong with their old cage or deck.

Reactions: 17
So wait, they also have to put a 4 foot fence around the pool itself? Even around the hot tub portion?
Yes, it’s a removable fence that would prevent a person or child from falling into the pool area. They have always had one. But there needs to be holes in the concrete/pavers to put the poles in. With the new pavers, they have not put the holes in yet because they have not bought the new fence. The poles are removable and there are little caps that go into the holes to keep them sealed up when the fence is not in use.

FL code says that you have to have a fence or alarms when you have a pool. Everyone has one when you get your pool installed. Many people never use them again until you sell your house (required). My kids are 18/19…we don’t have our fence up and our alarms aren’t activated because they are annoying as hell when you open the door and windows. But we are 4 adults living here. There is no way in the world that I would be able to sleep at night with J$ in the house and that pool not fenced off.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
If Tim and Jenn want to see the Barbie movie that is fine. What they should not do is take Jackson to see it. I have not seen the Barbie movie but I do know the rating is PG-13. I do not understand why Tim and Jenn can't just leave Jackson and his big baby brother with the nanny. Or if they want to see a movie why not take Jackson to a movie for a 3 year old.
I saw the movie Saturday. I really enjoyed it. (I was a huge barbie fan as a child.) I will say there isn't any cursing (with one bleeped out exception) but I still wouldn't bring my 7 year old niece to see it. It's too mature for kids. I definitely wouldn't bring a 3 and 1/2 year old to see it. He wouldn't pay attention to it.
---
Only two and a half weeks from today!

No mention lately of getting Jackson ready for his first day of school.
If it’s the school I am thinking of, he will require a uniform wardrobe.
This takes PLANNING, which is a uncommon concept for them to deal with.

Frankly I don’t think he was accepted to this school and we will hear excuse after excuse why J$ will not be going to school yet.
"you guyzzzz. Finding uniforms for a toddler us harrrrd"

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.