The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most games now are trying to appeal to phones because of Microsoft trying to be playable on every platform there is with the ultimate game pass option an ea an Microsoft are now joined

It would be intresting to see how sims runs on mobile, personally I prefer the console over phones but I have had a go at some games on mobile through the game pass app an they for the most part run smoothly an contain everything the consoles have but I do agree maybe there would be limits to sims if it were to be on phones, I guess their only way would be to do two versions, one that can handle pc an consoles an another that is designed for phones so that way the pc an console isn't getting downgraded so a phone can handle it

I have the game on pc and console. Lots of much bigger games than the sims 4 have console ports. But trying to appeal to mobile gamers I think is a big concern. The new babies look good. But should have been there 8 years ago!

Reactions: 1
I wonder if the micro-transaction part of the rumours, I think there was one based on the Sims being a subscription-type of game too, is where the phones come in too

I doubt that people will be paying stupid amounts of money to play the game on their phone. I assume it’s one of the things that just gets included when you purchase the PC version (assuming we will still need to buy the game) but that then excludes the market that is primarily phone-based and wouldn’t buy it on PC either

It doesn’t sound too bad in that context given that microtransactions get associated with basically not being able to play the game without spending stupid amounts of money

EA are notorious for their micro transactions for things that should be in the base game as well as their gambling type with mystery loot boxes on other games

I don't mind paying extra for stuff on sims if it's adding to the gameplay but there's been so much they have put into a paid pack that really should have been in a update for the game

It seems to be the in thing now for games to have season passes an Premier tiers that gives you things, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to incorporate those into the sims

First time posting on this thread but just needed a place to vent today, I am now unrecognisable after been given a completely aging glow down by EA, my husband looks like a different man and not in a good way and the unchanged toddlers look totally mismatched to their families ..... And this is an improvement how ?

I like how they're accepting and collaborating with modders a bit more. They've FINALLY realised that these creators are beyond talented and way better than what they have to offer 😂

Reactions: 3
Am I the only one who still plays The Sims 2? I can't with The Sims 4 because it has very little freedom with Neighbourhood customization. The amazing building tools can't make up for the lack of neighborhood tools. I also hate the cartoonish art style. I also love The Sims 3 but it was so laggy on my PC that I couldn't play ot anymore. I also enjoy gameplay of The Sims 2 the most because it's so relaxing with small details and it's also kind of harder than The Sims 4.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I only play Sims 2 now, I have alot of Sims 4 content but can't get into as I can with 2.

I only have the base game for Sims 2 installed on my current laptop (by some miracle found all 4 discs and case in my parents’ loft!) and they don’t release the download anymore, even though they used to even outside of when they gave it away for free if you had a disc and the installation code. I haven’t figured out installing expansions from dodgy downloads either. I loved it so much, the best genetics so you could see features going through families and gameplay and the University expansion was the best! I liked it that it took them out of the normal timeline, I feel like my Sims 4 sims are Elders by the time they graduate so they don’t get the benefit of the career boost. Sims 4 in general is so blah, I feel like it’s really hard not to just play the same life cycle over and over.

For Sims 2, there is a Facebook page just called the Sims 2 and they have a link for an all in one download for the game which is safe to use.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Am I the only one who still plays The Sims 2? I can't with The Sims 4 because it has very little freedom with Neighbourhood customization. The amazing building tools can't make up for the lack of neighborhood tools. I also hate the cartoonish art style. I also love The Sims 3 but it was so laggy on my PC that I couldn't play ot anymore. I also enjoy gameplay of The Sims 2 the most because it's so relaxing with small details and it's also kind of harder than The Sims 4.
I still play! I love the sims 2. It’s my favourite game. I even still play The original sims from time to time! Also love the sims 3 But the sims 2 has my heart.

My perfect sims would be:
- mainly everything sims 2
- open world of sims 3
- horses from sims 3

One thing I miss in sims 4 are snow days didn’t even realise until recently it isn’t a thing

Reactions: 8
I love everything about TS2. My perfect game would be TS2 mixed with some Urbz for a city feel and taking place in a perpetual 90s-00s bubble. A girl can dream.

Reactions: 2
As I think I’ve said previously my favourite ever pack is a sims 4 pack. Even though sims 2 and 3 were both better overall for me.

For Sims 2, there is a Facebook page just called the Sims 2 and they have a link for an all in one download for the game which is safe to use.
You might just be my new favourite person. It works!! Although kind of wish I hadn’t found that out so late at night

Reactions: 2
My perfect sims game would be:
Sims 2
- gameplay
- animations
- music
- crisp and detailed textures
- apartments (buildable, paying rent, having neighbors)
- stories (the drama :D)
- lighting
- memories
- the eerie vibe

Sims 3
- a world with Sims 3 graphics and freedom but with subhoods like Sims 2
- graphics (I had the most beautiful sims there)
- CAS but without the lagging
- bodies but with more sliders (realistic proportions, veins, double chins on fatties...)
- color wheel and choosing textures

Sims 4
- building tools
- parties
- fun in community lots (where more than 3 sims appear and are having fun)
- vampires

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.