The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly wish they’d take a step back with TS5 and make TS4 a more enjoyable and affordable playing experience. I know it’s said in the article it’s still very much in the making, but I honestly don’t even want to hear anything about it. 😆 On the one hand, TS4 is gonna be free but on the other hand more often than not it was 5 euro on Origin for weeks at a time and how much can you even really do with just the base game? Paying 40 euro for expansion packs is NOT it. I know Simstubers etc are bored of the Sims 4 but I’m only getting started with the handful of expansion packs I’ve got. And knowing myself, the second TS5 rolls out I’ll want that because TS4 will look ugly and outdated in comparison. EA should understand that just because gamechangers have played the game so much they’re now just making the same videos over and over again doesn’t mean casual gamers (and the real consumers of the game) are too.

Reactions: 1
I keep getting hyped up for sims 5 but it's had rumours for the past 3 years now, sims was always a 4/5 year gap between realeses but it's been like 8 years since sims 4 was released, there was talk at one point of sims 5 being multiplayer as well an they were looking for game devs that were experts in that but not sure if we will ever have multi on it

I honestly don't see why people panic about this possible TS5 announcement.
It was bound to come someday. How much more DLCs can TS4 manage? It's all getting very buggy and ultimately it's like masquing an ugly cake with fondant - all these expansions are a sugary coat with no substance on a lackluster, bare-bones game.
And what if they really did continue to "improve" TS4 for years? That would only bring more new content, more DLC and you would spent even more money before TS5 inevitably comes. Not to mention, TS4 has some major issues that cannot be fixed with a simple update, it's just how the game was made.
Whatever TS5 turns out to be, and I'm really not holding my breath that it's gonna be amazing, it's still something entirely new and it's always interesting to see in what direction the franchise goes. That doesn't mean you have to immediately stop playing TS4, or ever, for that matter.

Reactions: 6
I honestly don't see why people panic about this possible TS5 announcement.
It was bound to come someday. How much more DLCs can TS4 manage? It's all getting very buggy and ultimately it's like masquing an ugly cake with fondant - all these expansions are a sugary coat with no substance on a lackluster, bare-bones game.
And what if they really did continue to "improve" TS4 for years? That would only bring more new content, more DLC and you would spent even more money before TS5 inevitably comes. Not to mention, TS4 has some major issues that cannot be fixed with a simple update, it's just how the game was made.
Whatever TS5 turns out to be, and I'm really not holding my breath that it's gonna be amazing, it's still something entirely new and it's always interesting to see in what direction the franchise goes. That doesn't mean you have to immediately stop playing TS4, or ever, for that matter.
You've got a fair point. I just remember when TS4 came out and everyone RAN to play that over TS3 I was absolutely gutted as I'd only just saved enough money to get the pets expansion pack lol. I just wish they'd stop pumping out useless kits and rework some of the older EP's to make the game appealing even when TS5 comes out. Or, in the very least, put some EP's on sale. It's crazy how TS3 EP's STILL cost as much money as they did when they were brand new.

• Heart
The base game going free surely signals the beginning of the end of the Sims 4 era?
I've seen some say that it's not that much of a big deal when the game with expansions costs a stupid amount, and as the base game is so empty it's expected people will buy them - I'd think most would get seasons, and maybe pets

The only thing I could think about is that this makes it easier for pirating the game as you should get the base game updates automatically

RE Sims 5
I'm interested to see what they do as the multiplayer features could add something new and interesting to the game but EA seems to have a pattern of doing the minimum so I won't hold my breath

Oddly I don't expect to see many graphic changes. I think the Sims 4 looks fine and I don't expect them to go back to the realism of Sims 3

Has anyone tried High School Years? I want to get it but watched a lot of Youtubers say there's bugs like having crushes on your family members, constantly being asked to graduate early, can only have one best friend and always being asked etc
The Build/Buy items and CAS are really good for High School Years but the school day is a bit boring as there's not much you can do. I haven't been playing with it long enough to check out prom or graduation yet.

I've got this really annoying bug where i travel with my teen sim to school and i get a notification saying my parent sim has gone to work, but when i travel home with my teen sim when she's finished school at 3pm, the parent sim has also come home even though she's supposed to be at work til 7pm and she doesn't get paid :rolleyes: i think there's been a few bug fix updates in the last few days so i don't know if that fixed it, i haven't checked. but i've sort of given up playing it for now cos it's so annoying.

Reactions: 2
From what I seen, the type of game developers they were looking for with the multiplayer was along the lines of online leaderboards, they posted the job requirements I think 2019/20 an it seemed to all revolve around online ranking an leaderboards, not sure what you could do on sims for that to work but don't fancy seeing sims 5 turned into some ranked competition against other players

From what I seen, the type of game developers they were looking for with the multiplayer was along the lines of online leaderboards, they posted the job requirements I think 2019/20 an it seemed to all revolve around online ranking an leaderboards, not sure what you could do on sims for that to work but don't fancy seeing sims 5 turned into some ranked competition against other players
I don’t fancy any form of online, I hate having people over on Animal Crossing as I feel like I’ve got to hang around until they’re done.

Reactions: 3
That’s good to know. It could be leaderboards for who can complete scenarios the quickest, who has the most Gallery downloads etc.

The Sims Online might serve as an inspiration of sorts of how multiplayer would be included:

my main worries are:
- micro transactions, though I wouldn’t mind if it’s in a similar way to the Sims 3 store
- the offline mode being tit. There would have to be an incentive to play online surely?

For me personally I enjoy that games like sims, animal crossing, stardew etc can all be enjoyed as a solo, other games I do like being multi like sea of theives, gta because those are primary focused for being enjoyed with others

I do agree that maybe the multi part could be for completing things an having a rank which tbh wouldn't bother me since I've no desire to do that anyway, however if it was a type of open world an then your own private neighbourhood that only friends could visit am not sure how I'd feel

Also the more multiplayer aspects somthing has the more it becomes a type of pay to play because unless your paying to get the new stuff you either fall way behind an it loses the fun or you get destroyed with others that have put their bank accounts into a game

Games even if both solo an multiplayer usually only focus on the one while the other gets left behind an more times its the multi that gets the more focus an money put into it which sadly means the solo gets left

I was on the Sims 4 subreddit, and watching a few of James Turners' building videos, and they have this great idea for building. It's for anyone who has lost their building mojo, or can't quite think how to start a house. You use one of the free AI picture generators like DALL-E, and type in something like "Witches castle Sims 4" or "ultramodern LA house" or something reasonably specific so it generates a selection of images based on your prompt. The website "This house Does Not Exist" does the same thing, but with a randomly generated prompt.

You'll get some hilariously peculiar houses, and all the angles and geometry are WEIRD, but it gives you a great starting point, and hauls you out of your comfort zone if you're prone to building the same layout/style over and over. I had great fun with it!

• Heart
Well, that was a waste of my time. 31 minutes I will never get back. I watched the Sims Summit on Twitch, so I don't give them watch time on Youtube, and my god the padding and cringe was off the charts. This Sims Summit could have been done in a series of tweets. It was interesting to see what babies in The Sims 4 will look like and Project Rene [working title] ripping off Paralives but other than that, it was stuff I didn't care about.

Why are these events always so cringe? Anyway, the aesthetics of this Project Rene already looks too dollhouse-like for me. I have a feeling the focus will once again be on everything being pretty, with shallow gameplay mechanics, which I’m tired of. Give me the grittiness!

Why are these events always so cringe? Anyway, the aesthetics of this Project Rene already looks too dollhouse-like for me. I have a feeling the focus will once again be on everything being pretty, with shallow gameplay mechanics, which I’m tired of. Give me the grittiness!
That’s an interesting point. Everyone is saying how the Sims are copying Paralives and how it’s good that they have this competition but a lot of what I have seen from Paralives does appear to be build focused too. I know they’ve made some big promises but I don’t think anything has been shown?

What worries me is that this seems to be for the phone. I wonder why they made that choice given that most interest does seem to be from PC players

That’s an interesting point. Everyone is saying how the Sims are copying Paralives and how it’s good that they have this competition but a lot of what I have seen from Paralives does appear to be build focused too. I know they’ve made some big promises but I don’t think anything has been shown?

What worries me is that this seems to be for the phone. I wonder why they made that choice given that most interest does seem to be from PC players
Yeah I’ve never had any interest with any other platform than PC, they’re just not as fun or playable. I actually really like the look of build and buy mode being way more customisable - I’m sure one of TS3/2 used to have more customisable clothing options too (without needing cc) that I’d love to see again.

I’m not entirely confident paralives is ever going to be released. There’s a lot of hype and talk about functions but with it being a small dev team I think they’ve bitten off more than they can chew. There’d have to be a good reason for me to move to TS5. I play sims 4 but mod the hell out of it to get the gameplay I want. But nothing seems to engage me as much as TS2 did.

I understand wanting to appeal to as many people as possible but if they are making the next sims game compatible on mobile I don’t think that’s a good thing. I think that will only hinder the game. But this is EA, they are very mobile game and multiplaye focus. They believe single player games are dead.

I think the babies look exactly like toddlers. I hope there will be a distinct difference in gameplay because "toddler but even more helpless" doesn't really appeal to me. Also mobile compatibility scares me. That can't be good. There's this thing about EA builds always being crap because they have to run on the lowest of low end PCs. If TS5 has to run on old phones now, is it going to be even more bare-bones? If I want a mobile game I'll play one.

I like the sound of two EPs though.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.