The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is seasons sims 3 or 4? I think that’s where I’m getting most confused, if I should get 3 or 4
It’s in both. 3 was good but really laggy/had routing issues, 4 doesn’t have the open world but runs better ( apart from any glitches like the wedding pack being screwed up).

Reactions: 3
You have loading screens to go places out with your house and a little of the area immediately around it. The loading screens don’t bother me but some people complain.

Reactions: 2
You have loading screens to go places out with your house and a little of the area immediately around it. The loading screens don’t bother me but some people complain.
Ah ok. Thanks for the info..I have downloaded sims 4 and seasons so will see how I get on!

Reactions: 4
Hey guys. Haven't played the game in a while. Do you know if the gardening glitch was fixed (where all your plants disappear) and if they did anything to help the lag or if it's worse than ever ? Thank you

You can get the new Desert Luxe kit for free now until October 17 and the base game will be completely free starting October 18

• Wow
Reactions: 4
The base game going free surely signals the beginning of the end of the Sims 4 era?

Reactions: 3
Hi, I bought this on disc (full price, when it came out!:mad:) and played it for a while but I just found it so basic and babyish compared to The Sims 2 which was my favourite game. But just saw the news about the free to play update and those that paid for the game can get a free expansion pack. I'm not planning on buying any more expansion packs unless the gameplay has improved a lot, so my question is: has it?(Keeping in mind base game and this free expansion pack only)

Also, even though I have a disc, do I still have to play through Origin as I do not like it and they also deleted my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for absolutely no reason and they couldn't reinstall it as they don't offer it any more.

Reactions: 1
Hi, I bought this on disc (full price, when it came out!:mad:) and played it for a while but I just found it so basic and babyish compared to The Sims 2 which was my favourite game. But just saw the news about the free to play update and those that paid for the game can get a free expansion pack. I'm not planning on buying any more expansion packs unless the gameplay has improved a lot, so my question is: has it?(Keeping in mind base game and this free expansion pack only)
Base game only is still pretty empty, gameplay wise, though if you've not played since 2014 there have been updates, such as toddlers being added, wants and fears, lot traits, things like that, which help a little. It is still very bland though.

Though I will say, the capabilities of house building in the base game has improved immensely since 2014, there's been a whole load of improvements and additions like basements, platforms, ponds, etc. It is a very nicely intuitive and easy to use building system, if that's your jam. Otherwise...maybe not.

Has anyone tried High School Years? I want to get it but watched a lot of Youtubers say there's bugs like having crushes on your family members, constantly being asked to graduate early, can only have one best friend and always being asked etc

Base game only is still pretty empty, gameplay wise, though if you've not played since 2014 there have been updates, such as toddlers being added, wants and fears, lot traits, things like that, which help a little. It is still very bland though.

Though I will say, the capabilities of house building in the base game has improved immensely since 2014, there's been a whole load of improvements and additions like basements, platforms, ponds, etc. It is a very nicely intuitive and easy to use building system, if that's your jam. Otherwise...maybe not.
Thank you for replying!

Though I will say, the capabilities of house building in the base game has improved immensely since 2014, there's been a whole load of improvements and additions like basements, platforms, ponds, etc. It is a very nicely intuitive and easy to use building system, if that's your jam.

Nah, not really, although going from The Sims 2 straight to 4 I was already impressed with house building and CAS, so I might load up the game to see how even better it is now.

Sorry, one thing to add: I saw something someone mentioned about some sort of mod where it creates really outrageous storylines and situations - does that improve the base game? Can it be added on to just the base game?

Sorry, one thing to add: I saw something someone mentioned about some sort of mod where it creates really outrageous storylines and situations - does that improve the base game? Can it be added on to just the base game?
There's MC Command Centre for basegame, that gives you a lot more control over aspects of your sims lives, most people consider that a basic essential. I like it as you can fine-tune a lot of things about gameplay. A lot of gameplay mods tend to build off MC Command, so it's a good one to have.

I do believe the more outrageous/NSFW gameplay mods like Wicked Whims/Basemental Drugs/Extreme Violence also work with base game. Those are not ones I play with, but I know Whiny Brit on Youtube uses them a lot, so you could check some of her videos to see if you would get along with them before embarking on a downloading spree

There's also a new in-game story progression feature now. It sounds like they're planning to flesh it out more, but for now sims that are not in your household can autonomously move, die, have babies, get pets, change jobs or retire. You can fine tune these for each individual household. Not as wild as MCCC but it's fun.

The base game going free surely signals the beginning of the end of the Sims 4 era?
I hope so. TS4 is exhausting at this point and stupid expensive for no real reason. I’m curious about the next iteration, but will likely observe gameplay and content for a few years before purchasing.

There's also a new in-game story progression feature now. It sounds like they're planning to flesh it out more, but for now sims that are not in your household can autonomously move, die, have babies, get pets, change jobs or retire. You can fine tune these for each individual household. Not as wild as MCCC but it's fun.
I like this addition but I find other households just adopt or have loads of children constantly. Trying to find an eligible bachelor sim and they've all adopted 3 kids and 2 dogs

Reactions: 5
I like this addition but I find other households just adopt or have loads of children constantly. Trying to find an eligible bachelor sim and they've all adopted 3 kids and 2 dogs
It also seems to be a bit squinky even within households; one partner will adopt a kid seemingly independent of their spouse which makes for some interesting family trees.

I’ve been playing some of the scenarios to see if that added anything to gameplay but find them quite unrealistic to achieve on a starter home budget, they keep wanting me to buy items that won’t fit in my tiny home 😂 They also don’t seem to massively impact on gameplay or outcomes.

I’ve also downloaded custom content for the first time ever though and it has made me excited about building again. How is it that there are people putting stuff out there for free that is better than what EA/Maxis makes us pay for?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.