The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get confused as to why they use the bathroom sink to wash dishes. The maid tends to wash dishes in there, even though my Sims have a kitchen sink and a dishwasher.

With Get Famous, I really don’t like the react in disgust as they do it to everyone. My current sim even reacts in disgust to her dog. She went to the Stately home place in Windenburg with her parents and all I could hear throughout was “Sul, Sul! Ugh!” Also the celebrity walk is annoying. I also detest Thorne Bailey (Get Famous premade) as he turns up everywhere my Sims happen to be and makes it all about him.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I get confused as to why they use the bathroom sink to wash dishes. The maid tends to wash dishes in there, even though my Sims have a kitchen sink and a dishwasher.

With Get Famous, I really don’t like the react in disgust as they do it to everyone. My current sim even reacts in disgust to her dog. She went to the Stately home place in Windenburg with her parents and all I could hear throughout was “Sul, Sul! Ugh!” Also the celebrity walk is annoying. I also detest Thorne Bailey (Get Famous premade) as he turns up everywhere my Sims happen to be and makes it all about him.
I divorced him from his wife then got him to marry my Sim. My Sim moved in, killed him off, and got all his money 💰

Get Famous is one of my least favourite packs. I love the items but the actual gameplay was really disappointing. You can be a famous actor earning hardly anything and going to work is repetitive. Del Sol Valley is gorgeous but as per there’s hardly any actual lots.

Reactions: 6
I divorced him from his wife then got him to marry my Sim. My Sim moved in, killed him off, and got all his money 💰

Get Famous is one of my least favourite packs. I love the items but the actual gameplay was really disappointing. You can be a famous actor earning hardly anything and going to work is repetitive. Del Sol Valley is gorgeous but as per there’s hardly any actual lots.
I remember I moved my Sim into the celebrity community and the rest of the family felt ashamed being there or something? Just seems a bit stupid as they were very directly associated with the famous Sim and should have been able to live there in peace but noo...

Reactions: 1

There really isn’t much in Get Famous. I agree that Del Sol Valley is gorgeous but it seems to be the same as any other land with its standard lounge, museum, park.

I moved my Sim into the empty house in Del Sol Valley but her Stan still managed to get into her garden, her Stan would collect her dog’s poop.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I am playing the get famous trial but I’m struggling to find stuff to do? Am I completely missing it or is the pack just tit

I am playing the get famous trial but I’m struggling to find stuff to do? Am I completely missing it or is the pack just tit
Depends on what you like to do with your sim, for me personally I like anything that I can go to the jobs with my sims which I can do with this, I enjoy watching them act out their little scenes, I think they are supposed to be like a knock off game of thrones, singing in the rain etc, I also like taking my sim to the little award show thing an they can get trophys, there's not a huge ton of stuff to do but it's nice to have somthing different than the game basic, apart from going to work an going to the awards show I don't think there's to much other things, you can have them act, sing, or play instruments out in public for fame and money an you can also get the fame perks which work like the magic perks where each stage they hit you get points, some perks give opportunitys to do vlogs for more money and some give you fan mail etc

Reactions: 2
Thankyou! I did end up enjoying get famous, definitely not enough to spend the full amount on it tho. It definitely lacks content in my opinion.

i made the rich famous guy leave his wife so I could move in and became an evil step mum 😂 I found the fame system quite fun once I started gaining more

I am going to make a super sim. I'm going to max out every skill and max out every aspiration. I'm going to create the toddler and raise them to get the additional aspirations there too.

I’m glad to have tried out Get Famous but I don’t think I’ll buy it… I agree with a previous post that the acting career got dull quite quickly. It would have been good to see a bit more variety in the tasks on set to bring it to life a bit more. The CAS and build/buy are all nice though.

It made me think about and really miss the Sims 3 ‘quest’ system where you had to follow a number of steps e.g. talk to this person, attend an event at this lot, grow this plant for a reward.

I am going to make a super sim. I'm going to max out every skill and max out every aspiration. I'm going to create the toddler and raise them to get the additional aspirations there too.
I tried doing that with one of them but its insanly hard to max every single skill plus aspiration an the grind was too tedious, there's some that contradict one another as well so if you get one aspiration you might find they won't want to do another one

I do max my toddlers skills an get all aspirations done when they are kids though, that's definitely do able, an as teens I try an max the main ones like logic, cooking, fitness etc and whatever course I want them to take at university I look into what skills I need an max those as well since usually the course an the job you want match in skills

I think the most I got one of my sims was around 24 triats, just about all of the skills an maybe just over a 3rd of the aspirations done before he got to elder and I have it on the long age setting, am on my 5th generation so now I just play what I want them to do lol

I haven't yet, might tonight, am curious about what it's like, not sure on the new kit as well, usually I buy when ever somthing comes out but not overly fussed on some plants lol

Has anyone tried the new scenarios?
I started the money one today. Doesn’t do much, just sets your funds to 0 once you’ve moved somewhere and gives you a goal of 1,000,000 that stays in the top corner. Not sure what happens when you reach the goal yet

Apparently they always wash up in the most expensive sink in the house! So if you put a more expensive one in the kitchen they should wash up in there!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Do. Not. Do. It.
Addiction. Is. Real.
Don't. Lose. Years. Of. Your. Life. Playing. Sims. Again. ✍😅

Reactions: 5
Apparently they always wash up in the most expensive sink in the house! So if you put a more expensive one in the kitchen they should wash up in there!
I read somewhere that it's the same with seats (comfort level) so a lot of the time Sims will naturally sit on the couch rather than the stool/chair when eating

• Heart
All these years an I never knew this 😂😂 guess my sims getting a cheap ass bathroom then

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This makes so much sense! I thought maybe it was because in one house I had a small bathroom leading off the dining space so it was technically fewer grid spaces to there from the kitchen sink, but even when I switched it out they just looooved to walk in on their family peeing to wash some plates.

• Haha
This is life changing!
Tried Get Famous but wasn't keen....
What do people do in the game to keep it interesting? After building/making Sims I get bored quite easily 😅

so I only ever play the Sims 4 on the PS4. I really want to play it on a laptop. Any recommendations for a good laptop? (I’m not just buying a laptop for the Sims. Well I might be)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.