The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Robot vacuum has been a life saver for me. I set it to auto clean every 12 hours and then upgrade it so it doesn’t need emptying. Didn’t realise you could turn the dust off, if only you could in real life.

I use cheats to change the plans. The water saving, power saving and ‘sharing is caring’ plans are the worst.

Reactions: 4
Are the kits any good? I was thinking of trying some but if they aren't, I won't buy them.

I ended up with Eco Living, visiting every neighbourhood in each town to turn off the weekly plans using a cheat. Sharing is Caring was definitely the worst.

I wasn't impressed when I bought Dine Out, that was very buggy to start with too. My sims kept having their food pinched by other diners. 😂

Reactions: 3
I wasn't impressed when I bought Dine Out, that was very buggy to start with too. My sims kept having their food pinched by other diners. 😂
The whole ordering food thing is so annoying imo. They may have fixed it since I last played it but there's a specific cafe where there's no seating so everyone just crowds around the bar/table and it's impossible to do anything

Loading into lots is generally annoying. There isn't really a sense that people were using the place before you arrived because everyone (some exceptions at times) just loads in at the start standing still and it's really awkward

Having to load into your neighbours apartment too. We're technically on the same lot as them, why is there a loading screen?

Also, the like and dislike system doesn't appear to do an awful lot? I also don't understand why I'm given the option to ask a Sim their favourite colour or home decor style (I assume this comes with the pack? Though idk why it would be relevant to non-decor career gameplay) 20 times

I wish they'd bring cars into Sims 4 and the inappropriate trait from Sims 3. I used to love the inappropriate Sims turning up to black tie events in swimwear.

I'd also love a wedding pack too.

The loading does my head in too. I'm sure they did a likes thing in Sims 3 - favourite colour, music and dish so I thought the Sims 4 might have been similar.

The loading does my head in too. I'm sure they did a likes thing in Sims 3 - favourite colour, music and dish so I thought the Sims 4 might have been similar.
I don’t think the Sims 3 likes/dislikes ever had a massive effect on the game either, though I’m pretty sure the favourite colour/other stuff was just part of getting to know someone interaction rather than it’s own interaction? As it’s own interaction it causes a bit of clutter imo

Reactions: 1
I wish they'd bring cars into Sims 4 and the inappropriate trait from Sims 3. I used to love the inappropriate Sims turning up to black tie events in swimwear.

I'd also love a wedding pack too.

Yesss I agree with all of this!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ah you’s all pushed me into it, I’m back playing the sims, this is my current sim and I loves her. Her name is Maria and she’s currently dating Akira , and she’s working her way up the culinary career. She lives in San Myshuno and is best friends with Miki and Summer Holiday x
8451706F-9A1A-4915-9269-79BFCD5B4344.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Does anyone else find when you have a wedding in Sims 4, it’s impossible to get people to sit in the chairs to watch?
I spent ages making a really nice wedding venue and none of them sat down!

Reactions: 12
Does anyone else find when you have a wedding in Sims 4, it’s impossible to get people to sit in the chairs to watch?
I have had that problem, but I always try and have my wedding in the san myshuno park, as it seems they tend to sit down and watch in that venue!

i struggle to make any event successful 😫 weddings have got to be the worst though.

Reactions: 2
I find that and not all the guests show up on time either. But I find they show up for the food afterwards 😂. I find the caterer (whoever is chosen) just makes up mac and cheese and that carob cake.

I usually hold my Sim weddings at San Myshuno meadows but I made the error of adding water slides so now by the end of the wedding, guests are in their swimwear. 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
I find that and not all the guests show up on time either. But I find they show up for the food afterwards 😂. I find the caterer (whoever is chosen) just makes up mac and cheese and that carob cake.

I usually hold my Sim weddings at San Myshuno meadows but I made the error of adding water slides so now by the end of the wedding, guests are in their swimwear. 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
Yes I have a wedding venue in sulani and they usually change in to swimwear too 😓
also stupidly had my vampires get married there forgetting about sunlight and the bride died 🤣 luckily the groom pleaded to the grim reaper and got her back!

• Haha
I used to love playing the Sims 2 on my laptop. I had the Open For Business, and University and Nightlife?
But when I upgraded to Windows 10, it all stopped working.

Yes I have a wedding venue in sulani and they usually change in to swimwear too 😓
also stupidly had my vampires get married there forgetting about sunlight and the bride died 🤣 luckily the groom pleaded to the grim reaper and got her back!
I don’t think I’ve played with vampires since the first day I bought it, same for the magic one 😂

I used to love playing the Sims 2 on my laptop. I had the Open For Business, and University and Nightlife?
But when I upgraded to Windows 10, it all stopped working.
I have sims 2 complete collection working on my windows 10 PC. Is the issue the game crashing to desktop? I’m not that tech savvy but my husband installed a patch that allows the game to use 4gb or RAM instead of 2gb and that solved the problem for me. I don’t have the specific link but I’m sure a google search would bring it up as it’s a common issue.

oo eco lifestyle is going free for a few days next week! love when they do these free trials.

oo eco lifestyle is going free for a few days next week! love when they do these free trials.
I’ve been toying with the idea of getting this but I just don’t think I’d enjoy it so may give it a try. I need the build/buy items are great, it’s just the game play that puts me off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.