The share my cat thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
E28B1A85-8843-43BD-A9E6-7617E2505780.jpeg

Princess Mittens loves a pose 👑 💖

And a little throwback to when she was tiny. 🥺

E1FE9133-48DD-445D-A392-4A0EF60FF036.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Her vet check up went great! Her wound is healing perfectly 🙂 we have another check up next week then she can be signed off! X

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Guys I am getting hit with a huge big pang of cat guilt here.

My boyfriend and I are going away for a week here in a couple of days and instead of being excited. I just feel really sad about leaving my little cat.

I know deep down she will be okay as we have a cat sitter coming who is lovely and minded her for us before, I think I just feel guilty as this will be the longest we have been apart from her. She is such a spoilt wee thing too that loves constant cuddles and attention but I know she will get that from the cat sitter. She will miss my boyfriend so much as she sleeps on him every night. She is just over a year old. The cat sitter will be staying in our house while we are gone so she will be there.

The cat sitter will send us regular updates and photo's, she will get so much attention but it doesn't make it any easier and I even contemplated cancelling our trip.

Am I being a weirdo?

We did consider a cattery but she has never stayed anywhere else but home and she really loves her little beds, our bed, blankets on the sofa etc, i just thought it would be really cruel to have her away from the only surroundings she knows.

Sorry to derail the thread so I will add one of my fave little pics of her for extra cuteness xo

108591705_10163601384365198_5197159708205090769_n.jpg
5e45ba2b-9176-4b2c-ba26-cbcee1a24994.jpg
108591705_10163601384365198_5197159708205090769_n.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 14

My boyfriend and I are going away for a week here in a couple of days and instead of being excited. I just feel really sad about leaving my little cat.

I know deep down she will be okay as we have a cat sitter coming who is lovely and minded her for us before, I think I just feel guilty as this will be the longest we have been apart from her. She is such a spoilt wee thing too that loves constant cuddles and attention but I know she will get that from the cat sitter. She will miss my boyfriend so much as she sleeps on him every night. She is just over a year old. The cat sitter will be staying in our house while we are gone so she will be there.

The cat sitter will send us regular updates and photo's, she will get so much attention but it doesn't make it any easier and I even contemplated cancelling our trip.

Am I being a weirdo?

We did consider a cattery but she has never stayed anywhere else but home and she really loves her little beds, our bed, blankets on the sofa etc, i just thought it would be really cruel to have her away from the only surroundings she knows.

Sorry to derail the thread so I will add one of my fave little pics of her for extra cuteness xo

View attachment 618386View attachment 618388View attachment 618386
omg she's too cute 💖

i think you did the best thing possible - cats value their routine the most and changing her environment would have been more stressful than having a cat sitter come over - so i think that's great. i understand completely how you feel because i was in that same situation last year, pre-pandemic. my kitty was less than a year old and we were visiting my bf's family. my sister and mom stayed at our place to take care of her (i think they can't wait for our next trip because they loved spending time with her) - and it was great, she was happy when we came back but she was also doing well with them :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think a cat sitter is definitely a good choice, even without you thereit is better to stay in the same place. I had to use a battery once anand my cats were very upset when I picked them up

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Am I being a weirdo?

View attachment 618386View attachment 618388View attachment 618386
No you’re not being weird at all!

last year we had our cat booked in to go and stay with someone, and last minute I changed my mind and she stayed at home, with the cat sitter plus3x neighbours visiting each day.
This year, I’ve booked her to go and stay again, but the closer we get the less happy I about removing her from her home. Also, she’s a little demon with a tendency to eat things she shouldn’t (we’re on round 3 of foreign body removal from digestive tract), and i don’t want her to be somewhere there’s a risk or the sitter needed to ultra cat proof her home….

but also I don’t want her to be left on her own in our house. It’s so hard,she’s my baby and I just want to do what’s best for her.

and here she is, sleeping in a fluffy bed in 27 degree heat (Warmer inside) yesterday

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I would get a cat sitter or a family member to visit Rosie if I went away over night or longer! She was traumatised enough being away from home for the day for her operation :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Thank you guys for making me feel slightly better about the whole thing. its really good to hear other peoples stories. Nice to know I am not alone in feeling this way. My boyfriend actually feels worse than I do because he is working from home and he is with her basically all day, she sleeps on him at night etc. He just copes a bit better with stuff like this, I just overthink and assume the worst.

It does help knowing the girl staying over is really lovely and will really look after our wee one. I know I will literally live for the daily updates haha.

My cat has never really been out of the home other than a trip to the vets. She is such a creature of comfort and loves her daily routine, she is just like a child at times!

It isn't cheap to have a cat sitter come stay but really can't put a price on it tbh. My mum thought I was mad when I told her the price and a cattery was much cheaper but I couldn't cope her being away from her home xo

I would get a cat sitter or a family member to visit Rosie if I went away over night or longer! She was traumatised enough being away from home for the day for her operation :(
Yeah mine has never been away from home unless its a vets visit, and even that was just for a few hours. I couldn't do it to her, nor would I want to. Getting upset again at the thought of her being sad ☹ duck she really has got me wrapped round her little paw 😂

No you’re not being weird at all!

last year we had our cat booked in to go and stay with someone, and last minute I changed my mind and she stayed at home, with the cat sitter plus3x neighbours visiting each day.
This year, I’ve booked her to go and stay again, but the closer we get the less happy I about removing her from her home. Also, she’s a little demon with a tendency to eat things she shouldn’t (we’re on round 3 of foreign body removal from digestive tract), and i don’t want her to be somewhere there’s a risk or the sitter needed to ultra cat proof her home….

but also I don’t want her to be left on her own in our house. It’s so hard,she’s my baby and I just want to do what’s best for her.

and here she is, sleeping in a fluffy bed in 27 degree heat (Warmer inside) yesterday
Yes I totally understand, thats why we are having the cat sitter basically move in! It was the only way I could at least go and semi enjoy myself knowing she was being looked after and getting all the attention in the world. I am sure your little one will be completely fine, even if she is a demon :) Its so hard to know what to do, If I could stay at home for the rest of her life I would haha. I even left work two hours early last week as my boyfriend had to go into the office to pick stuff up and would be gone most of the day, I didn't want her being along too long. :D

omg she's too cute 💖

i think you did the best thing possible - cats value their routine the most and changing her environment would have been more stressful than having a cat sitter come over - so i think that's great. i understand completely how you feel because i was in that same situation last year, pre-pandemic. my kitty was less than a year old and we were visiting my bf's family. my sister and mom stayed at our place to take care of her (i think they can't wait for our next trip because they loved spending time with her) - and it was great, she was happy when we came back but she was also doing well with them :)
Aw sounds like you nearly lost your cat to your mum and sister haha :D That is why we want to keep her home, least if she is missing us she is still surrounded by her home comforts and our smells etc. The week will fly in I keep telling myself! lol.

Last edited:
  • Heart
they look so happy 🤩 I love when cats do that pose like the black one, outstretched arms and face to the side, always looks like a smile to me somehow
15 minutes later they were wrestling and biting each others ears 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
15 minutes later they were wrestling and biting each others ears 😂
standard, mine are the same, one second cutely washing each other, i grab phone to film a cute video... and then growling and fighting :LOL:

you know in Japanese they have a word for the specific texture of cats' paw pads

Have you seen this?it’s so important to read.🙁animal groups are posting this ,to make puddy cat owners aware.

I got an email about this late last night from my vets and immediately sent it to all my cat owning friends, so scary

• Heart
you know in Japanese they have a word for the specific texture of cats' paw pads

I got an email about this late last night from my vets and immediately sent it to all my cat owning friends, so scary
Yes it is very..😿

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.