The share my cat thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slight adjustment to title.
Thread originally started as “is my cat too fat?”

Sorry for the amount of cat posts I do, I’m a cat lady at only 27 😹 Anyway, I noticed today that my cats tumtum is now touching the floor when she sits. Does everyone else’s cats do that or is she getting chonky AF?
As I know people will probably ask, she spends around two hours a day outside. But the rest inside either sleeping or following me. She has whiskas dry food which she can graze all day on, and will have around 3 pouches but sometimes gets a 4th as theirs four adults in this house coming and going an we never know if she’s been fed and she tells us that she hasn’t so sometimes she does get 4.
Oh and she is 3. The boy eats the same and he literally is so thin he looks like a stray it’s odd.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
4 pouches plus dry is a lot of food a day for one kitty but who am I to judge?

Reactions: 16
I’m far from an expert but do have a cat myself. She looks stockier compared to mine. We feed him about 1/3 of a can of wet food twice a day (and he doesn’t always eat it all) with the odd treat in between, we don’t leave dry food out for him. So compared to ours yours seems to get a fair bit more, maybe too much?

I would say if you’re worried try and get on top of when/who last fed her. Stick a chart on the fridge and who ever last fed her has to sign it? Be prepared for lots of begging though as she will be used to the amount of food she currently has and will act like she’s being starved, but it will benefit her in the long run to cut it down.

She is beautiful, by the way!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That sounds like a lot of food to me. But she's so cute. So I'm torn.

Our cat only gets dry food - she gets about 50 to 60g grams a day but she is quite a small cat.

• Haha
It does say on the side of the cat food box to feed them 3-4 sachets a day. Maybe she’s being fed elsewhere? However, it’s winter so she’ll have more fur and a festive flab to her. I wouldn’t worry.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I thought it was 4 pouches on kitten boxes and 2 pouches on adult cat food? I get the purple Whiskas boxes. I remember weining him from 4 to 2 and he wasn't happy. I can't imagine giving him 4 a day omg he would eat me out of house and home.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
BF4D6336-833E-401E-883D-ABF5C5547557.png

This is her being told no??? 😹

It does say on the side of the cat food box to feed them 3-4 sachets a day. Maybe she’s being fed elsewhere? However, it’s winter so she’ll have more fur and a festive flab to her. I wouldn’t worry.
Festive flab I’m actually creasing 😹😹😹 I’m using that word forever now

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Sounds like way too much food tbh. She’s smaller than our fattest boy though (who is extremely fat - he weighs 16lbs) also adorable 😍

• Heart
My ragdoll is 5 month old and is super greedy - I feed her 2 pouches a day mixed with dry food (4 times a day, half a pouch each time). I think that’s enough going by what I’ve read. Your cat doesn’t look fat to me, just super cute 😍 Maybe keep track on when/who feeds her and limit treats

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I thought it was 4 pouches on kitten boxes and 2 pouches on adult cat food? I get the purple Whiskas boxes. I remember weining him from 4 to 2 and he wasn't happy. I can't imagine giving him 4 a day omg he would eat me out of house and home.
Yeah and I have two so it’s around 7/8 pouches a day and I’m already poor 😹😹

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Everyone please post cute pics of your cats 🐱 I’m not allowed one due to our building rules and I wish to live vicariously through you all 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She is gorgeous 😍😍

I don’t think she’s overweight. The 4 a day is on the side of boxes. I have two 12 year old lads and they both eat loads. Sometimes upto 6 sachets a day! 😳 I’ve raised this with the vets and they are happy with them as both my cats are physically massive cats. Like big long legs, big sturdy cats. For example one of my boys got really ill in august and dropped a lot of weight quickly. He was still just around 3kgs which is healthy for a lot of cats but he had to get kept in cat hospital he was that underweight and sick. All recovered now and back to his grubbing ways 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
4 pouches plus unlimited dry food is a bit much 😅 Shes a well built girl, doesn’t look unhealthy yet but maybe just keep an eye on her weight. Cats don’t always know to stop eating when they are full like we do! Her belly might be a bit saggy that’s why it’s touching the floor, my girl cats always had a saggy tummy I think possibly because that’s basically where their boobs are? I might just be making that up though😂

Maybe stop leaving dry food down for her and just keep it to treats or a bit on top of her wet food. She’s insanely cute though I’m jealous she reminds me of one of my old cats (who was also a chonky gal!)❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
4 pouches plus unlimited dry food is a bit much 😅 Shes a well built girl, doesn’t look unhealthy yet but maybe just keep an eye on her weight. Cats don’t always know to stop eating when they are full like we do! Her belly might be a bit saggy that’s why it’s touching the floor, my girl cats always had a saggy tummy I think possibly because that’s basically where their boobs are? I might just be making that up though😂

Maybe stop leaving dry food down for her and just keep it to treats or a bit on top of her wet food. She’s insanely cute though I’m jealous she reminds me of one of my old cats (who was also a chonky gal!)❤
speak for yourself pixi 😅🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Everyone please post cute pics of your cats 🐱 I’m not allowed one due to our building rules and I wish to live vicariously through you all 😂

Funny story she bit one of her boobies off ages ago so has one missing 😹

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I have two adult cats. We got a kitten from MIL (who’s cat had a litter) for Christmas. I just love cats, probably more than people. 😂

This is the kitten today.

0EABB783-5A82-489B-AA28-D402AA927B9E.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.