The share my cat thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you believe, I started a new job back in October and there are eight women in the office and they all hate cats!! 😠
My SIL hates cats. She hasn't been in our house in about 7 years. Won't come in anymore because of 'that dirty cat' :mad:

To be honest, if I'd known that a cat would keep the in-laws away I'd have got one years ago 😹

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
My SIL hates cats. She hasn't been in our house in about 7 years. Won't come in anymore because of 'that dirty cat' :mad:

To be honest, if I'd known that a cat would keep the in-laws away I'd have got one years ago 😹
you should probably get another just to be sure :LOL:
I have a friend who is terrified of cats, it is so bizarre, I get people being scared of dogs as they can be very vicious but how often do you hear of a cat seriously attacking someone (and i use the word serious as my hands are covered in cat scratches :LOL:))

Reactions: 6
you should probably get another just to be sure :LOL:
I have a friend who is terrified of cats, it is so bizarre, I get people being scared of dogs as they can be very vicious but how often do you hear of a cat seriously attacking someone (and i use the word serious as my hands are covered in cat scratches :LOL:))
I said that to my husband just yesterday after I came back from a walk where I was chased by a Jack Russell. I kept shouting at him and he went back in. You don't hear of anyone having to shout at a cat to get back in because it's snapping at their ankles!

Reactions: 4
This is Ziggy, he is two years old and he is a little terror! He’s a proper mummy’s boy, he was bought into the family four years after my boy died of cancer, it took a long time for me to get over Pilchard dying, but I love Ziglet so much, he has a dog sister and is like a fluffy dictator.
awww what a cheeky smile :D

• Heart
Reactions: 1
That makes me sad hearing about people hating cats. Fine not wanting one or being obsessed but there still animals with feelings. Cats are my favourite but I don’t insult other animals as they are all beautiful and intelligent and deserve care and love and respect. I couldn’t work there haha!

We have been seeing mention of some different brands so were toying with changing our cats food. Was wondering- what brands of food do you feed your kitties? We go with purina one - at the minute shes on the chicken coat and hairball one.
Hey! I don’t think I replied to this? I don’t think I did but sorry if I have 😹 I’ve changed their diet recently anyway so will reply again. My two basically get whatever is on offer as there main sort of baseline food 😹 usually whiskers , Sheba or gourmet. Never jelly only the gravy ones as they point blank refuse jelly. If none are on offer I get the Tesco’s own pouches in gravy which tbh they actually love? Maybe as it’s the most unhealthy 😹 I’ve recently changed their diet so that their breakfast is a bowl of prawns each say about ten each, then their lunch is chicken chunks defrosted out the freezer from one of those pre cooked bags so just need defrosting.... then I put two pouches out of whatever pouches for them to munch on and they always have there dry food down 24/7. They also both have a lysine chewy everyday as they both suffer with there eyes and skin due to a condition which flares up now and again. They usually get one or two treats out of me too like dreamies or whatever. I’m not really sure if I’m over feeding them I do worry about it. I feel like the guidelines are really vague And contradictory for cats. My one is really chunky and I do worry . I’ll be taking her to the vets soon for a weight check x

Last edited:
  • Heart
my cat LOVES the felix soup but it is not always available, I tend to alternate food so that she doesn't become too fussy and only will eat one brand (like my parents' spoiled cats :LOL:)

Reactions: 2

Funny she called it “dirty” as cats are some of the most meticulous animals.

I think people that don’t like cats have never given one a chance. I used to be afraid of cats as a little girl but only because I’d only ever heard bad stories about them biting and scratching and just being vicious.

I’ve adored cats since I got my first. They are just so on my level.

Reactions: 6
Funny she called it “dirty” as cats are some of the most meticulous animals.

I think people that don’t like cats have never given one a chance. I used to be afraid of cats as a little girl but only because I’d only ever heard bad stories about them biting and scratching and just being vicious.

I’ve adored cats since I got my first. They are just so on my level.
yeah I agree, one of my friends is a huge cat person and wanted to get one for her and her husband, he was against it as he likes dogs. She went and got it anyway, he is now totally obsessed with it and leaves work on his lunch break to go home and feed the cat :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Can you believe, I started a new job back in October and there are eight women in the office and they all hate cats!! 😠
I love both dogs and cats, although we currently only have a kitty. But I have personally found a lot of self proclaimed "dog people" to be super anti cat but cat people aren't necessarily the same (i.e. very anti dog!)

My coworker asked me one day how my cat was doing, a few weeks after we'd just adopted her. When I showed her a picture she then went on a five minute chat/rant about how much she just hates cats and dogs are far superior. She brought up my cat in the first place! It was like she just wanted to witch about it.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I love both dogs and cats, although we currently only have a kitty. But I have personally found a lot of self proclaimed "dog people" to be super anti cat but cat people aren't necessarily the same (i.e. very anti dog!)
exactly, i have noticed the same thing! i don't see why someone couldn't like both cats and dogs? i love all animals, i could never say i HATE an animal!

and echoing what has already been mentioned, cats are some of the cleanest animals there are. they are constantly cleaning themselves and they don't like ''doing their business'' outside of the toilet. when my cat does a pee or poo she comes over to me and meows at me until i go and clean it up, and she even supervises me as i'm cleaning it 😂 actually works out great for me as it's never there longer than a few minutes hahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 7

My coworker asked me one day how my cat was doing, a few weeks after we'd just adopted her. When I showed her a picture she then went on a five minute chat/rant about how much she just hates cats and dogs are far superior. She brought up my cat in the first place! It was like she just wanted to witch about it.
I’ve noticed the same. There are a lot of dog owners in my family and they fall over themselves when one of them announces they have a new dog, but when I told them we were getting a new kitten I got comments like “are you mad?”

I don’t see the problem. Cats are more independent than dogs, who I find are a lot like children in that they need constant attention, and I prefer that in a pet. If I wanted clingy and total dependency, I’d have another child.

I love dogs too, don’t get me wrong, I am an animal lover in general and would never harm one. I just don’t get why most people feel so strongly against cats.

Reactions: 7
I’ve noticed the same. There are a lot of dog owners in my family and they fall over themselves when one of them announces they have a new dog, but when I told them we were getting a new kitten I got comments like “are you mad?”

I don’t see the problem. Cats are more independent than dogs, who I find are a lot like children in that they need constant attention, and I prefer that in a pet. If I wanted clingy and total dependency, I’d have another child.

I love dogs too, don’t get me wrong, I am an animal lover in general and would never harm one. I just don’t get why most people feel so strongly against cats.
yeah I agree, the other day I was in the park and a woman was walking with a pram with a small dog in it (no child just a dog), each to their own I wouldn't do it personally but I would never judge someone for it. Anyway it was a cute dog and as usual everyone was fawning over it, how cute etc. But I know if I did the same with my cat people would just look at me like I was insane, there is such a double standard

Reactions: 3
73B32454-E49F-4A1B-A3E3-32D5E55E76F1.jpeg

oooh are we allowed to share our kitties?! This is my 4yr old. His name is Jaffa (Jaffa Cake) and he is the greatest little dude 🥰

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.