The share my cat thread #5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone had much experience with catteries/cat hotels? I usually take my cat to a family members or a friends but they are both moving house so I’m going to have to book her in. I’m worried she will hate me and be really miserable 😭 the place has great reviews, the cats seem really happy (they have an Instagram page) but the thought of her being there and not having me makes me so sad

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Has anyone had much experience with catteries/cat hotels? I usually take my cat to a family members or a friends but they are both moving house so I’m going to have to book her in. I’m worried she will hate me and be really miserable 😭 the place has great reviews, the cats seem really happy (they have an Instagram page) but the thought of her being there and not having me makes me so sad
My experience is that she (and you)might hate it at the time but she will forgive you and there will be endless cuddles when you're both back home.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I used one once with my two when they were little... they were both really angry with me for about half a day when they got back, I think they thought they'd been abandoned.. like you I had no choice, I think it's basically impossible for them to like it no matter how nice it is/the staff are as cats don't really cope well with changes of environment. No advice I'm afraid but he will be fine

Our neighbours normally feed ours but sometimes we have a crossover being away and we book a cat sitter. She sends me pictures and videos twice a day. Ours do much better being at home.

If you've done your research, then your kitty will be fine. We tried x2 catteries before we settled on our current choice. When we drop them, they seem to remember it's not a bad thing cos when it's time to collect them they appear to want to stay where they are. Luckily the owner is cat mad and will post reels on insta and WhatsApp us with pics so we get reassured regularly. Honestly, they'll be fine, extra treats when they return and they'll soon forgive and forget 😊❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
IMG-20240611-WA0000.jpg

Merry, taken to bed this am, too wet to go out so comfort Is paramount 😻!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
IMG_20240611_133646_edit_255515160581278.jpg

Meanwhile no more crocheting for me whilst Loki tests the almost completed blanket for comfort. He gives it10/10. I, however, am sweltering under the weight and heat of them both!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
IMG_20240614_112920_edit_384927206109984.jpg

New plant species Lokius Catticus! Wondered why my fuschias weren't growing 😻😻😻😻.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Advice on an old boy greatly appreciated! I was given this beautiful old man (15 years old!) from a neighbour. Took him to the vet about a month ago for a yearly check up; they said he's in great health aside from a bit of muscle wastage on his back legs (nothing advised, I give him joint supplements anyway) and that his teeth aren't in good nick but the vet said surgery at his age is just too much, and they'll do. He stuffs his face every chance he gets!

But he's my first cat and so every little thing worries me - sometimes he seems to flinch when I touch his back, especially if he's asleep, is this normal? He likes to spend the evening asleep on this shoe rug outside too, bizarrely. What are the 'things' to watch out for with older cats? I love this big lump with all my heart and only want the best for him.

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 23.11.40.png

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Advice on an old boy greatly appreciated! I was given this beautiful old man (15 years old!) from a neighbour. Took him to the vet about a month ago for a yearly check up; they said he's in great health aside from a bit of muscle wastage on his back legs (nothing advised, I give him joint supplements anyway) and that his teeth aren't in good nick but the vet said surgery at his age is just too much, and they'll do. He stuffs his face every chance he gets!

But he's my first cat and so every little thing worries me - sometimes he seems to flinch when I touch his back, especially if he's asleep, is this normal? He likes to spend the evening asleep on this shoe rug outside too, bizarrely. What are the 'things' to watch out for with older cats? I love this big lump with all my heart and only want the best for him.

View attachment 3000559
I don't have much advice on older cats, but the flinching seems normal,though depends what it looks like I guess, if it's what I'm imagining then most cats I've ever know do that!

• Heart
What a lovely chap. I have to say my old ginger does flinch if I touch his back, maybe it's a nerve thing? His sister doesn't so much but she has longer fur. Other than that just carry on as you are and enjoy his company. ❤❤❤

• Heart

View attachment 3000559
What a sweet old ginger bear. My cats have done that flinching thing when their backs are touched as well, there might be a sensitive spot there.

• Heart