Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
Thought I’d share a funny story about how I’ve offended my cat today.
We keep the litter tray in the utility and earlier I went out there and exclaimed to my mum about how it stunk of poo. Seconds later my cat comes out of the litter tray and runs into the kitchen and turns her back to me 😂. She hasn’t looked at me since 😿.
View attachment 1098500
Here’s a picture of the stinky pooper.
good luck getting bakc into her good books! my little kitten has just been neutered, has the collar thing around hus neck and is not happy!

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
quite random, but does anyone have experience using cat litter you can flush down the toilet? I didn't realise it was a thing until recently but don't want to risk it if it doesn't work as i only have one toilet and don't want to block it!
I would never use it,only loo paper goes down my loo,I wouldn’t use loo wipes either.Can you imagine blocking up bog and also effects other neighboursnloo’s.
lots of these idea come from States,they don’t care what they put down their loo’s really.They don’t get any messages of what you can flush in loo’s..We know here in UK only loo paper nothing else.

kimh90

Chatty Member
I actually find it better now that I have 2 as they can keep each other company when I am out (Albeit they mainly just sleep all day anyway) if you can't stay at home for a few days when you get the new cat I would keep them in separate rooms when you are out just in case, just for the first week or so
Yeah thats why I'm wanting a friend haha , when I check on her through day on camera she's fast asleep , I think leaving them separate rooms for a little bit may help. Thanks :)

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Ah ok glad I’m not only one, wonder what’s causing it?! I’ve got to get some somewhere by Saturday otherwise my house will be stinking
I’ve noticed the same about cat food in lots of places tbh, I assume it is just the general crisis of delivery things? I may have to start using soil from the park at this rate 😂

• Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
I held him today and I just cannot wait until he's here. Technically he will be my son's cat, sort of a support animal. My son is autistic and he's bonded with this beautiful boy so we had to make him ours.
Currently trying to find out if we can give a home to his brother too.

I've always had cats in the past but we've had a few years without one now. I'd forgotten how much I love them! I can't wait for cat snuggles again!

He's Pigeon. My son named him. I'll be calling him Pidge.
That's a cute name.

• Heart

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
...that's right, we adopted them from her place in Canning Town...they do sterling work, give treatment to pets and people who don't have a lot of money too...were you one of her volunteers Dolly, if so thankyou!!!
Dora and her 3 kittens (Dora front far left and Luci front far right)...Celia tried to get us to foster the other two but I knew we wouldn't give them back lol...didn't really have space/funds for 4 cats at the time...my ex died recently too so I take comfort that he is looking after both of my girls ( said in a Jean Brodie accent :giggle:).
Awwwwww bless you,no I wasn’t but donated money,my sis worked as volunteer at Canning Town,Celia is lovely person,my sis got her three cats from the trust,when my sis died Celia was so kind to me,one of My sis cats wasn’t well at all Celia said to me take he to them,they put Lil on life saving equipment for two days ,but she wasn’t well at all so had to say goodbye to her,I went to pay what I owed Celia said just make a donation which I did,can you imagine how much it would have been at a vets!.

• Heart

hrh89

VIP Member
Does anyone have any advice? My girl has recently started jumping up onto our bannisters! I’m terrified she will fall. Obviously their balance is amazing but it’s worrying me. She even has the nerve to balance on three legs and clean the other one whilst on there 😂 I’m sure she knows it worries me. lol. She’s never done this before we have had her for 5 years! Any ideas to stop this?

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Emm, I just love your descriptions of what cats are thinking, you nail it every time! Have a Susan/Pooh cuddle as a treat.View attachment 920966
If I could give this more loves I would, they are just perfect 😻 my cat has now torn apart her semi chewed up box and is now just sleeping on a small piece of the cardboard on the floor. Yes, we do have (many ) other boxes (and or cat beds) she could be sleeping in :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Penguin86

VIP Member
Pixie shouting at magpie's caught on film

Attachments

• Heart

mRsKbRoOkS

VIP Member
I'm not sure to be honest because mine was a stray who turned up in the garden and just kept hanging around. She wasn't feral but she was quite nervous and when I took her to the vet, she wasn't chipped or neutered and the vet said she probably wasn't vaccinated. He reckoned she'd been abandoned or dumped 😔
So when I first got her she'd been outdoors at the time, so I really don't know if it was something she was used to or not.
ah okay, well that made that decision less complicated for you. How sad for your kitty but glad she found you ❤

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Anyone else have a stalker? She waits outside the bathroom for me at all hours
View attachment 921080
I live alone so basically never close my bathroom door, but whenever i go into it both cats follow me inside, no idea why as they never do with any other room, the door is always open so they could do in there whenever but never do. cats :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart

emm

VIP Member
Hello!

My wee Orion has just turned 1 years old, so I started to cut back his food as recommended by the vet as he’s now an adult. He’s not too happy about this, but despite cutting back he’s still a whopping 5.5kg.

hes always been a solid chunky cat even as a kitten, but I’m worried about his weight. I’d like to feed him more as he’s clearly looking for it, but don’t want him to end up overweight. Any advice?

At the moment he gets two aluminium trays and one Whiskas pouch. I leave a wee handful of biscuits out overnight, but he honestly hates them.

I’ve tried condition scoring him but it’s really hard.
omg his tail :love: my vet advised me that (if you can afford it) the more expensive catfood with a higher meat/fish ratio is better as it satiates more, also as someone else said dry food is really bad for weight gain. That said I think he looks perfect as he is :love::love:

• Heart