Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Hey all, after some advice. A neighbour cat has gotten comfortable enough to jump through the little window we leave open for our cat and he’s eating all our cats food 😭 we’ve tried closing the window at night (he tends to come in in the early hours) but she scratches the carpet outside our bedroom door until one of us gets up and let’s her out, or she’ll get out through bf’s sisters window and be stuck out all night (our first cat was run over at night so I worry about her being out all night), I don’t know what else to do! I’ve thought about getting a chip activated cat flap but I’ve been told the wood on the back door is too thin. We’ve never fed the neighbour cat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Have you tried a spray bottle with water in it? I keep a couple around the house, they're cheap as chips and work really well for me. If the neighbour cat comes in give it a spray, it might take a few goes but soon enough you should see at least a few less visits! I spray my three when they get on the kitchen table or scratch the furniture. Now all I have to do is shake the bottle and they take off! Best of luck x

Reactions: 1

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
Yeah true. Mine were outdoors and quite adventurous so imagine they had a lot of natural wear and tear!

Yeah I guess so. Sorry wasn’t criticising, it just never occurred to me that it was a thing until I saw it on a video recently and the cat was going mental. I also didn’t know cat’s get bathed/showered, but it appears they do.
No, I didn’t think you were… I had no idea people didn’t!! She loves it, sits there purring away, I couldn’t put her through it if she hated it.

I don’t bath or shower her though, I like my fingers intact 🤣

emm

VIP Member
...my Evie (who is 9) in the catnip plant pot!

...my Dora...who I had to say goodbye to a couple of weeks ago...was 14 going on 15 so had a good life for a wee stray rescued from the Olympic site in Stratford!

...my girl Luci, Dora's daughter...who died whilst I still lived in London...

...my first boy Lestat...adopted when he was 16...think he was an indoor cat before we got him...little spot on his nose appeared after first summer we had him...unfortunately it did turn out to be a tumour...he was with us for a couple of years until it got bad...😿
😻 stunning. poor little Lestat, at least he enjoyed some beautiful years being loved until the end

Noseyparker86

why don't you try first? this is based on the prediction that all landlords will refuse you but you might be surprised and they say yes to both the dog and cat
we don’t have long to move out and there’s literally hardly anything on the market at the moment, I’m scared we won’t be able to find somewhere in time and be made homeless if we keep getting declined because of our cat ☹ I’ve been pretty much guaranteed by the letting agents there’s no way we’ll be chosen as so many people go for 1 property 😣

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
He was 3.5 miles away on the other side of the river! The lady who found him had only been looking after him for a few days so no idea where he was before that. He's lost 1.5kg and is very subdued and a bit dirty but he's home :cry: the power of a microchip! We are just so thankful she asked Cats Protection to come out and scan him.
Awwwwww how lovely so pleased for you and wonderful lovely news,gives hope to lots of peeps.🙏

kimh90

Chatty Member
Got my kitten at the end of December. She's 1 on 4th November.. really want a friend for her. But when I got her we was locked down so had all my time with her. How will it work if I get another and I'm at work? How do people get pets while at work . Any help would be helpful :) thanks.

PumpkinKing

Chatty Member
Has anyone's cat suddenly turned their nose up at their usual wet food? 1 week I couldn't get their usual so bought a different one that was a bit fancier, since then she's being funny. Sometimes both of them just lick the gravy off 😒 they have dry food too but it's whiskas as that's what they were weaned on so think I need to invest in better food and order online. Just worried about trying different brands as I know it can give them the runs or be sick. Will she be OK on just dry food?

Sweatingbullets

Chatty Member
Her would be like daggers if we didn’t clip them every week. She’s an indoor cat, and has several scratch posts that she uses but if we didn’t clip them they would be dangerous. I guess with outdoor cats it may not be necessary, as hard roads etc will wear them down too. Our vet does it for her when we take her for a check up (she made her bleed once), and otherwise we do it ourselves. Just 1-2mm off the ends, never anywhere near to the quick.

I really don’t see the problem. You cut your own nails, right?
Yeah true. Mine were outdoors and quite adventurous so imagine they had a lot of natural wear and tear!

Yeah I guess so. Sorry wasn’t criticising, it just never occurred to me that it was a thing until I saw it on a video recently and the cat was going mental. I also didn’t know cat’s get bathed/showered, but it appears they do.