Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
I like to be prepared I'm probably going to get a cat (probably 2) at the end of the year, anyone got any suggestions for cute/nice looking beds/bowls etc. Or any toys or anything else your cat loves. I was looking at a wall mounted scratching post, does anyone have one? Do your cats use it? Thought it would save some space but previous cats I’ve had have never used a scratching post.
They will be indoor cats, I have already bought some toys. Mainly bought toys which I can feed their meals in to make them work for their food to try and prevent them getting fat! I only bought them because I was buying something else from a shop online which had £7 delivery free so I bought the cat stuff so I’d get free delivery but thought I may as well keep buying things to be prepared and to spread the cost over the year rather than buying everything all at once.

I’ll probably buy all this stuff and the cats will sit on the bed/sofa and scratch the furniture 😂
they will inevitably :ROFLMAO: whatever you buy, my cats love toys with feathers on though

Reactions: 2

emm

VIP Member
Thats what we’re going to do, I can’t give him up I love him too much. I’m going to keep applying honestly and if we still haven’t been accepted for anywhere by the time we have to move I’ll have to hide him.
where i live we're technically not allowed them either, i have 2 and lots of my neihbours have cats anf even dogs. not surprised you cannot leave him ❤

emm

VIP Member
So we’ve seen her again today and her collar has been taken off since last night 😭 she was in the bushes by our house, I sat on the corner and gently called her and had some treats but she just ran and hid from me again. I have no idea why she’s so scared of us. It’s honestly heartbreaking
I don't think she is scared of you, she wouldn't keep coming back if she was, probably just enjoying her adventure. If I were you as well as speaking to neighbours I would drop leaflets (ideally with a photo) in their letterboxes, also asking people not to feed her

just saw on another forum there is a sight called Doxdirect that allows you to order free missing posters https://www.doxdirect.com/help/free-missing-pet-posters/ might be of use to some of us (hopefully not but you never know) in the future

Last edited:

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
Never ever clipped the cats I’ve owned. They had scratching posts to file them down!
Her would be like daggers if we didn’t clip them every week. She’s an indoor cat, and has several scratch posts that she uses but if we didn’t clip them they would be dangerous. I guess with outdoor cats it may not be necessary, as hard roads etc will wear them down too. Our vet does it for her when we take her for a check up (she made her bleed once), and otherwise we do it ourselves. Just 1-2mm off the ends, never anywhere near to the quick.

I really don’t see the problem. You cut your own nails, right?

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
gorgeous! my cat tries to fit herself into boxes she fit into as a 10 week old kitten, you can imagine if that works or not :ROFLMAO:
my cats LOVE watching big cat docs on youtube, if you need a break from them hassling you to work etc I recommend playing one on the TVv, mine are alwys gripped!
There's also a pigeon channel on YouTube that always has at least one of them fascinated!

• Heart

Aceofspades

Chatty Member
Yes! I have had to buy a cheap one from my local corner shop recently which is nowhere near as good, hassle to change and smellls way worse, none of the supermarkets near me have it
Ah ok glad I’m not only one, wonder what’s causing it?! I’ve got to get some somewhere by Saturday otherwise my house will be stinking

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I don't let mine out, I live on a main road and I'm also in an area with lots of birds and wild life. I'm lucky enough to have a spare room they can have as their own space.
Sometimes the middle one tries to leg it but he gets scared and runs back inside.
I do t know about a harness, that's a really individual thing.

• Heart