Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hello!

My wee Orion has just turned 1 years old, so I started to cut back his food as recommended by the vet as he’s now an adult. He’s not too happy about this, but despite cutting back he’s still a whopping 5.5kg.

hes always been a solid chunky cat even as a kitten, but I’m worried about his weight. I’d like to feed him more as he’s clearly looking for it, but don’t want him to end up overweight. Any advice?

At the moment he gets two aluminium trays and one Whiskas pouch. I leave a wee handful of biscuits out overnight, but he honestly hates them.

I’ve tried condition scoring him but it’s really hard.
He's beautiful! I used to have a cat called Orion too! He was a part Persian, long haired ginger. It was a mix of different shades all blended together, almost sandy. I still miss him.

I don't have much advice about the food, sorry. I imagine it's hard to cut back too much when he's actively demonstrating he's still hungry.

Reactions: 2

Lolly505

VIP Member
We are pretty sure someone has stolen my Lola - she is the second black cat to have gone missing in our estate. She went out on Monday and never came back 😭. There have also been reports of people and CCTV of a young girl taking a number of cats the past few months. I am so heartbroken and miss her so much 😭
Oh no! :( I hope she's found and safely returned home ❤

• Heart

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Mine goes out, but in the winter she's not as keen and prefers to be inside. Only goes out to go to the toilet (she rarely uses the litter tray) and then comes back in again. I'm in a quiet spot though with not much traffic and she's fairly car savvy. Will always get out of the way when she sees one coming. I think a lot of it depends on where you live and especially what traffic is like.

• Heart

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
Just down with the feral cats in the supermarket carpark. This one (not sure if m or f) has really sad eyes, but is very friendly and not the slightest bit scared of me.
S/he should be living a nice life indoors with someone instead of having to roam around a supermarket carpark hoping that someone will come with food in the middle of winter 😿

View attachment 865293
Oh my goodness, what a little cutie. I can see the sad eyes but looks friendly at the same time. Really sad, you're right they should be inside in the warmth with their loving owner, and belly full. Is this one always there?

• Heart
Please don't EVER use ANY Bob Martin stuff. It's terrible. Their flea collars and treatment have caused severe illness and deaths in animals.

A couple of years ago I THOUGHT I saw one loan flea on my cat. The vet THOUGHT he saw something too. Neither of us were sure, but he said best to treat it anyway

I got a spray from the vet called 'RIP Flea' (yes, seriously! 😂 ) that you use to treat the house. I won't lie. It's a pain to do, but fortunately I've only ever had to do it once. He treated the cat in the surgery on the day.

I couldn't understand how it happened as she's treated with a prevention treatment every three months, however I had been using Advocate and the vet said that a lot of cats seem to be getting immune to it. I use Bravecto now.

You can buy RIP Flea on Amazon and perhaps pet shops might have it, but ask the vet what's the best thing to treat the cat with.
thank you so much. I will have a look into the one you’ve used. God I will never go near that Bob Martin stuff! I couldn’t believe it when I was reading the reviews. It’s so readily available in places like wilko and Tesco you would assume it’s safe. I feel so sorry for people who trusted the product and it caused their pet to be ill or even die. Shocking

• Heart

Kmacg

Can i get a bit of advice about my 12 year old rescue? Weve had him a year and the last month, but more so the last week, weve been finding so much fur on everything. Mostly where he lays but also everywhere else! Its like big clumps (without skin attached, think more when you brush him and it sticks together kind of?) But when I do brush him theres nothing, so he isnt moulting. I think he is pulling it out himself? His coats in great condition, shiny and smooth, no sign of fleas, no patches missing. Its the oddest thing! I dont want to take him to the vets because hes generally well its just annoying having to hoover 3 times a day and hes never done it before?

Reactions: 1

emm

VIP Member
how are everyone;s cats doing with the fireworks? Mine are not bothered but angry not being able to go outside (for the last week as fireworks where I live seem to have been constant for the last week :rolleyes:)

mRsKbRoOkS

VIP Member
Mine goes out, but in the winter she's not as keen and prefers to be inside. Only goes out to go to the toilet (she rarely uses the litter tray) and then comes back in again. I'm in a quiet spot though with not much traffic and she's fairly car savvy. Will always get out of the way when she sees one coming. I think a lot of it depends on where you live and especially what traffic is like.
how old was Yours when she first went out? And did she stay out long. I’m worried he will get lost, probably me being overcautious and a completely ridiculous assumption 🤣. Our road is relatively safe and we have a large park/green space right next to us. However there is a busy road two streets over. Really not sure what to do 🤔

Hey all, after some advice. A neighbour cat has gotten comfortable enough to jump through the little window we leave open for our cat and he’s eating all our cats food 😭 we’ve tried closing the window at night (he tends to come in in the early hours) but she scratches the carpet outside our bedroom door until one of us gets up and let’s her out, or she’ll get out through bf’s sisters window and be stuck out all night (our first cat was run over at night so I worry about her being out all night), I don’t know what else to do! I’ve thought about getting a chip activated cat flap but I’ve been told the wood on the back door is too thin. We’ve never fed the neighbour cat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

emm

VIP Member
I’m on holiday atm and there are semi wild cats that get fed by people staying at the resort. One of them has sore eyes and looks like possible skin cancer on its nose 😢 I find it distressing to see, does anyone know of any charities that can help? I know they’re strays, but I’d hate to think of them suffering.
what country are you in?