The share my cat thread! #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread:

hey all you cool cats and kittens 🐱🐯🦁

i will start:

AC74B945-7B2F-4178-B8B2-E45648767C03.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 33
So I am having a total nightmare and need advice, one of my cats hasd fleas, this has happened before I treated her with flea treatment and she is fine but the issue is there are fleas around the house :sick: I hoovered and sprayed soft furniture with a flea spray but it seems to have done nothing. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Reactions: 3
So I am having a total nightmare and need advice, one of my cats hasd fleas, this has happened before I treated her with flea treatment and she is fine but the issue is there are fleas around the house :sick: I hoovered and sprayed soft furniture with a flea spray but it seems to have done nothing. Does anyone have any recommendations?
So sorry you’re going through this - we had it last year and it was bloody horrible. Fleas can literally get everywhere so we were advised to get rid of our hoover or thoroughly clean it out as the fleas can be in here from the carpet, etc. We basically brought tonnes of flea bombs spray from Pets at Home sprayed the whole house and stayed at a family members for the night as it was recommended not to have anyone in the house. We chucked our duvet and covers as we found some in the bed as our cat sleeps on the end of the bed 🤦‍♀️ And after that we finally got rid of them, it is a nightmare to get rid of and it will cost a fortune in spray etc but it is so worth it! And obviously make sure you spray everywhere, under the couch, bed, etc. Good luck and hopefully they’ll be gone pretty soon!

Also, if you haven’t already get a flea collar from pets at home. I believe it’s about £44? Really helpful and we haven’t had a reoccurrence since and she goes out all the time x

Got rid of them yesterday.
I have always found combing him was the best way of removing them. I combed him four times a day for two days, killed them instantly with a bowl of hot soapy water next to me.
gave him an oral flea tablet that kills within 24 hours. Hoovered and mopped every morning (I only have laminate)
Sprayed the rug, sofa and bed with flea spray and set of 3 flea foggers.

he’s been flea free for 48 hours now. I also Hoover the bed immediately after he’s done.
Because eggs can hatch for up to 7 days I’m going to hoover, mop and spray sofa daily for the next ten.

dog will be back home in ten days and I’ll probably have to start the cycle again 😂😩

Reactions: 4
thanks for the advice, such a nightmare! my cat had fleas once before has never happened this badly!

thanks for the advice, such a nightmare! my cat had fleas once before has never happened this badly!
The vet was so dismissive to me when i asked for advice so I was determined to sort it without her help! Told me the mainstream products I was holding were cac but I still went ahead and bought them because I can’t get my cat to the vet atm and so far so good. Go in with a war like attitude to kill em and you’ll do fine!

I was just coming on here to post it, badtard should have got longer,he is a bleep,evil as duck,hope he life will be misery when he gets out.🙏🙏🙏🙏

Reactions: 8
I was just coming on here to post it, badtard should have got longer,he is a bleep,evil as duck,hope he life will be misery when he gets out.🙏🙏🙏🙏
exactly, things like this make me paranoid about my cats being outside. How someone can be so vile is beyond me, and taking pictures :sick:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.