Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Penguin86

VIP Member
Hey all, after some advice. A neighbour cat has gotten comfortable enough to jump through the little window we leave open for our cat and he’s eating all our cats food 😭 we’ve tried closing the window at night (he tends to come in in the early hours) but she scratches the carpet outside our bedroom door until one of us gets up and let’s her out, or she’ll get out through bf’s sisters window and be stuck out all night (our first cat was run over at night so I worry about her being out all night), I don’t know what else to do! I’ve thought about getting a chip activated cat flap but I’ve been told the wood on the back door is too thin. We’ve never fed the neighbour cat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
What about one of those chip activated food bowls

Reactions: 1

emm

VIP Member
Oh no! Is there no other online shop you could order from? Or is Ocado same day delivery? Never used them! Morrisons on Amazon Prime usually same day slot.
since that contaminated food scandal I have noticed lots of places seem to have a smaller selection. I don't shop online but for the shops near me that is the case atm

Hey guys after some advice. Have the past couple of days found a number of fleas in my bed 😭 not sure if they’re from my cat as she doesn’t go out. I do tend to stroke cats when I’m out so maybe jumped onto me? Anyway it’s ruining my sleep and making me so miserable. Couldn’t come at a worse time as I’m struggling mentally already. So we’ve done the flea treatment on our cat but the main question is what’s the best spray I can get to spray in my house and bedroom? Something that’s safe to use around beds etc. I googled this one called Bob Martin but the reviews scared the shit out of me lots of people saying their pets died weeks after they used the product!! I’m so worried about what to buy now but obviously want these buggers gone. Any advice much appreciated

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
how old was Yours when she first went out? And did she stay out long. I’m worried he will get lost, probably me being overcautious and a completely ridiculous assumption 🤣. Our road is relatively safe and we have a large park/green space right next to us. However there is a busy road two streets over. Really not sure what to do 🤔
I'm not sure to be honest because mine was a stray who turned up in the garden and just kept hanging around. She wasn't feral but she was quite nervous and when I took her to the vet, she wasn't chipped or neutered and the vet said she probably wasn't vaccinated. He reckoned she'd been abandoned or dumped 😔
So when I first got her she'd been outdoors at the time, so I really don't know if it was something she was used to or not.

emm

VIP Member
Why are places willing to accept the dog and not the cat? Either way hiding a cat is easy ( I know you have said you don’t want to but…) honestly if I were you I would just lie about it, it is very hard t9 find forever homes for cats, ecpecwilly nowadays when shelters are all so full

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Can I ask for some kitten advice please?

So, I have two kittens. They are nearly 4 months old. One feel normal to me when you stroke him but the other one feels really boney.

They have both been to the vets twice since we've owned them and we were told they were both in perfect health. They are fully vaccinated and are booked in to be neutered on 1st Dec. Flea and worming treatment is up to date.

We will be asking the vet about our concerns again then but this cat is oddly skinny. I can feel individual vertebrae, his chest bone is very prominent. There's just no fat under the skin. He's a bit like a fur covered skeleton.

He eats well, seems content - purrs etc, sleeps well, plays, doesn't seem distressed.

I'm wondering about a thyroid problem perhaps or a spinal issue. Surely if it was very bad, he'd seem unwell?

In the last couple of days he's making a weird teeth grinding noise when he eats. Is this just teething or could it be a sign of something more ominous?

We can't being the next appointment forward so we just feel a bit useless until then.
I've never come across anything like this so I can't offer any advice, sorry! It sounds like they're both well taken care of. December 1st might seem a long way away but it's only a few weeks so as long as the kitten isn't really uncomfortable or in pain I think you should be ok until the vet sees him. Best of luck with them 💖

emm

VIP Member
Yeah thats why I'm wanting a friend haha , when I check on her through day on camera she's fast asleep , I think leaving them separate rooms for a little bit may help. Thanks :)
exciting for you , make sure to post pics!

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Excuse the unmade bed but after stripping it, these two got on together and chilled for about an hour. They were touching! This never happens and I'm convinced they're trying to tell me the apocalypse is upon us 😅🤣
Awwwwwww a tortie and a ginge,how gorgeous.❤❤

• Heart

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
They could just have a cat flap and the cats choosing to be outside? But when he saw you decided maybe I’ll try get in

Sweatingbullets

Chatty Member
I will try and upload some photos later, my net is being crap, I am feeling os bad fo rmy kitten, I am now back in the office 4 days and he is so upset whenever I get back (I do have another cat but she is older and doesn't love playing) Side note kitten is the first cat I have had who does the tongue thing, is it a black cat thing?!

what were they watching?? stunning regardless
Yeah I think so, mine did it too. Poor kitten. He can come and work with me at home. 😻

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Human tuna is unacceptable, I’ve tried 🤣🤣

luckily felix is much cheaper
Unnacceptable until it is on your plate and they sit there miaowing while you eat :ROFLMAO: my cats fav is the felix soup one, unfortunately it is difficult to find usually

• Haha

mehere

We think he got out of an open window. He's a mostly indoor cat, we let him have supervised time in our garden, but we live on a really busy road so he can't just come and go as he pleases. He's always trying to get out though, so we have to be super careful. I think he's learnt how to push the window open wider with his head 😭 feeling like such a bad cat mama and I miss him so much.
Oh no I hope he comes back home to you asap 💕 have you left his litter, food outside?

• Heart

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Hey guys after some advice. Have the past couple of days found a number of fleas in my bed 😭 not sure if they’re from my cat as she doesn’t go out. I do tend to stroke cats when I’m out so maybe jumped onto me? Anyway it’s ruining my sleep and making me so miserable. Couldn’t come at a worse time as I’m struggling mentally already. So we’ve done the flea treatment on our cat but the main question is what’s the best spray I can get to spray in my house and bedroom? Something that’s safe to use around beds etc. I googled this one called Bob Martin but the reviews scared the shit out of me lots of people saying their pets died weeks after they used the product!! I’m so worried about what to buy now but obviously want these buggers gone. Any advice much appreciated
Please don't EVER use ANY Bob Martin stuff. It's terrible. Their flea collars and treatment have caused severe illness and deaths in animals.

A couple of years ago I THOUGHT I saw one loan flea on my cat. The vet THOUGHT he saw something too. Neither of us were sure, but he said best to treat it anyway

I got a spray from the vet called 'RIP Flea' (yes, seriously! 😂 ) that you use to treat the house. I won't lie. It's a pain to do, but fortunately I've only ever had to do it once. He treated the cat in the surgery on the day.

I couldn't understand how it happened as she's treated with a prevention treatment every three months, however I had been using Advocate and the vet said that a lot of cats seem to be getting immune to it. I use Bravecto now.

You can buy RIP Flea on Amazon and perhaps pet shops might have it, but ask the vet what's the best thing to treat the cat with.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Hello!

My wee Orion has just turned 1 years old, so I started to cut back his food as recommended by the vet as he’s now an adult. He’s not too happy about this, but despite cutting back he’s still a whopping 5.5kg.

hes always been a solid chunky cat even as a kitten, but I’m worried about his weight. I’d like to feed him more as he’s clearly looking for it, but don’t want him to end up overweight. Any advice?

At the moment he gets two aluminium trays and one Whiskas pouch. I leave a wee handful of biscuits out overnight, but he honestly hates them.

I’ve tried condition scoring him but it’s really hard.
There’s satiety cat food which is to help them lose weight and with what’s in it keeps them from feeling hungry. Maybe ask you vet about it to see if they think it would be suitable for him? Royal canin do one but not sure about other brands. You can ask your vet what his ideal weight should be.
Also some veterinary practices do nurse weight clinics to help with these issues. They’ll most likely come up with a plan on how to get him to lose weight and regularly weigh him to check progress. Maybe see if your practice does them?

emm

VIP Member
They could just have a cat flap and the cats choosing to be outside? But when he saw you decided maybe I’ll try get in
It;s quite unusual for a cat to try and go into someone's house, especially one that has other cats though isn't it? I agree if I had a cat like that I would be too nervous to let them out. I am nervous enough with mine and I doubt anyone wants to steal black cats :ROFLMAO:

• Haha