Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Not sure I’m on the right thread. My cat has brownish discharge from his eyes. The vet says nothing to worry about and on checking myself indeed it is a well known condition, just wondering if anybody else’s cat has similar problem and how they deal with it? Sorry if am on wrong thread.
It could be an allergy? My big boy gets the same thing, I just dab it with a tissue.

Reactions: 3

emm

VIP Member
thanks for the advice, such a nightmare! my cat had fleas once before has never happened this badly!

emm

VIP Member
...blanket fort :LOL:...love it...they like a wee den to snuggle in cats, don't they?

...saw this in paper today...pet expo in Bangkok, Thailand...the wee cats face says it all...there's no way I'd get my girl in a dress or one of those carriers! :LOL:
can barely pick up mine half the time, how the hell did they do this?! gorgeous though
No photos but I was out all day and felt bad, got mine tinned tuna for dinner, practically got fingers ripped off as I opened the tin :ROFLMAO: happy saturday everyone!

Love the lynx-tips on her ears. And her permanent startled look 😊 View attachment 891702
that is not startled, it is a look of hre knowledge that she is superior :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
have you taken her to the vet yet? she could have an infection (which could also be anxiety related), or she might have kidney stones. it's best to eliminate phsyical things first, so a visit to the vet, different litter, a different litter box, since you've tried those things maybe moving the litter box somewhere else? how many litter boxes do you have? i think i read somewhere it's advised to have as many as there are cats plus 1 more. you could also try using feliway in the rooms where the litter boxes are and somehow associating the litter box to something good. if it's anxiety then lots of extra attention & playing time. good luck 💖

he is absolutely gorgeous 😍😍😍😍
also not sure what one you have but maybe get one of the ones with a "roof" if you don't have one, cats like the privacy imo (despite the fact that mine seem incapable of giving me privacy in my bathroom :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart

Sweatingbullets

Chatty Member
Not sure I’m on the right thread. My cat has brownish discharge from his eyes. The vet says nothing to worry about and on checking myself indeed it is a well known condition, just wondering if anybody else’s cat has similar problem and how they deal with it? Sorry if am on wrong thread.
If it’s not chlamydia or conjunctivitis, it’s probably just an irritation. Just wipe her eyes once a day with tissue soaked in warm water. It should be fine. But if it continues for a few weeks ask the vet to check for allergies.

emm

VIP Member
This is the closest these two get to lying next to each other these days 😅 I miss the old days where they would be all over each other
omg they are both stunning!!!!! Also love the chair! My cat/kitten have stopped sitting/sleeping together already, so sad loved watching them washing each other

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
didn't manage to get a photo, but the animated version of The Tiger who Came to Tea was on just now, my cats were both gripped :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
@Harrigan

well,last night Harri just before going to bed Dave was eating his biccies😳Got up this morning only a few left in his bowl,a whole bowl of biccies he had eaten..Phew.

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
So I am having a total nightmare and need advice, one of my cats hasd fleas, this has happened before I treated her with flea treatment and she is fine but the issue is there are fleas around the house :sick: I hoovered and sprayed soft furniture with a flea spray but it seems to have done nothing. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Lolly505

VIP Member
Thank you so much for your reply, I’ve done everything I possibly can. I’m just hoping she comes back tonight. I can’t shake the feeling that someone has claimed her though, which is making me so frustrated as I just don’t know how I’d go about getting her back!
It can depend where you're based but this has a list of good tips on what you can do. https://www.nawt.org.uk/advice/what-do-if-your-pet-lost-or-stolen

If she's microchipped, that can help 'prove' ownership if you do find who has her.
But posters and social media posts are a good place to start if you haven't already, in case someone has taken her in (which may have been accidentally) or otherwise reach someone who might know where she is (e.g. they know a person who's recently 'found'/'adopted' a cat that looks like her).

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Do any of your cats ever catch and kill rats? My mum's tom has done that at least once and they've also found him sitting on the kitchen floor devouring pigeons that have fallen victim to him.
Mine have bought in mice (dead and alive 🤢) and various parts of pigeons 🤢

• Sick

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
My girl will eat Aldi dry food but not wet food. That has to be Felix or Whiskas.
She'll sniff around when we're having dinner and goes absolutely mad for meat of any description.

• Heart