Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
And she never learns either , my ex refused to help he so “she would learn” which I just think is cruel, hence he is an ex I guess 😂
Aw, that is mean! I sprayed Thor with water then I felt bad because he looked so upset so I made my husband get up from his Sunday nap to fetch him. No wonder they rule the house. Meh, I wouldn't have it any other way. 🐾

• Heart
Reactions: 3

emm

VIP Member
quite random, but does anyone have experience using cat litter you can flush down the toilet? I didn't realise it was a thing until recently but don't want to risk it if it doesn't work as i only have one toilet and don't want to block it!

• Wow

emm

VIP Member
I think a lot of it is to do with brexit/import delays. I was having problems before the scandal, they just seem to have got worse. We have the fussiest cat in the works, and she will literally eat 1 type of fish flavoured felix or canagans cat tuna that are like £1.20 each. Was an expensive few weeks!!
yeah true, god at that point you should just buy tinned tuna! luckily mine are (usually) not fussy as they are so greedy they will eat anything most of the time :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

mRsKbRoOkS

VIP Member
That's awesome you're a cat person now! I've been a cat fan my whole life, I've had many people tell me they didn't know how cool cats are until they got to hang out with some.
When ever someone tells me they that they don't like cats I always tell them "You simply don't understand them".
It's great that your pets get along, I laughed imagining them romping around together 💕
It is true what you say, people just don’t understand! I never disliked cats, just didn’t know how much I loved them ❤

Honestly the way they play is amazing! I didn’t know cats and dogs could get along so well. It probably helps that our kitty is basically the same size as our dog (and I think will
Be bigger). Our dog isn’t a puppy either he is going on 8 now but has brought him so much joy. Our pup has always struggled with separation anxiety, he doesn’t anymore which is Amazing. Wish we got a cat years ago though I’m glad we waited out for this one ❤

Question ?
Who lets their cat outside??
We haven’t yet, as we were advised to wait until he had been neutered and microchipped. That happened last week. But I can’t bring my self to let him venture outside. Is it mean to make him become a house cat ? I don’t know what is for the best as I’m so new to this being a kitty mum. We have taken him out in the garden on a lead and harness a few times.
Advice please ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart

emm

VIP Member
Ah I love this thread. It radiates love and calmness. Love these two as well. I want all of them! 😻
I wish I could post videos here but I don't think I can, watching them wash each other is just :love:. Every post I see on here I just want more cats :ROFLMAO:

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
If we could curl our bodies in that way when we slept, we'd only need little circular beds that took up far less space!
if I could it would also make better use of the space of my bed when the cats stretch over it :ROFLMAO: They only do this when I am on the sofa :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Thank you so much for your reply, I’ve done everything I possibly can. I’m just hoping she comes back tonight. I can’t shake the feeling that someone has claimed her though, which is making me so frustrated as I just don’t know how I’d go about getting her back!
Do you belong to neighbourhood fb grouP ,one of my local groups are terrific about missing cats,we had one lady whose cat kept disappearing someone in the group recognised ladies cat and said her neighbour had it,she managed to get her cat back and warned the woman who took her.

Other advice is to put the litter tray outside and perhaps a t shirt you wear etc.

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
I was at my mum's today. I tried to get a photo of her big tom cat, Jasper, for this thread. However, my camera had the red auto-focus light that lights up just before the flash goes. When this shone in his face, it unnerved him so much I ended up capturing nothing but a blur, because he was running off when the picture was snapped! :ROFLMAO:

• Heart

strawb

VIP Member
omg!!! exciting (possible) news! I did this last year, I sort of stuck to the advice, let them smell something of each other for a day or so before they meet (they ended up meeting pretty much asap though), when they do make sure they are doing it during either playing or (more realistically) surrounded by dreamies. And make sure there are places for each to hide. Also make sure you give beautiful roisin lots of attention, always feed her first etc, I still do this now almost a year later.
That said a lot of it just depends on the cats' personalities. My cat is very growly and hissy and she raected like that (at first) while my (stupid but cute) kitten just didn't react which made things much easier. I have been in the situation where the kitten gets aggressive and it is very difficult to come back from. I would also say, generally, if you have a female (which I assume Rosin is!) get a male kitten.
Now my cat still gets angry with her little brother and hisses/growls etc but they also often sleep/play/wash each other. The first time I saw my cat washing him my heart almost burst with the cuteness!
omg thank you so much! 🥰 thankfully i think i could have a set up where they would each have their own room so that they have enough personal space. roisin is indeed female and she's very calm, i've only heard her hiss once in her life but i can imagine she'd get jealous because she's obsessed with me! so i was thinking in general we'll have to shower her with attention but feeding her first is a really good tip!

look at me not getting excited at all 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Penguin86

VIP Member
whenever my cat does things like this she looks at me directly as if debating whether to stop, then does it anyway :ROFLMAO:
She was trying to get the butterfly that was in the flowers and misjudged the sturdiness

• Haha
  • Heart

emm

VIP Member
I had heard that is what can happen which was why I wasn’t sure if we should risk it. we had already decided that had he struggled we would have changed our plans, turned round and came home. However, he really didn’t mind at all we are very lucky!
ive never gone that far but when i picked my kitten up for the first time it was about an hour trek across london, yowled the whole time, i felt like a neglectful parent 😂 my other cat on tje other hand has never had any issue with it and usually just sleeps

• Heart

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
Unnacceptable until it is on your plate and they sit there miaowing while you eat :ROFLMAO: my cats fav is the felix soup one, unfortunately it is difficult to find usually
Not even then, the only things she’ll eat from our plates are cornflakes, cheerios and bread. I’m pretty sure she’s broken

• Haha