Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
Does anyone have containers of cat biscuits that, when you pick them up and they rattle, they make your cat come running in from another room because they know the sound? Two of our cats years ago would always do that!
My cats do this with anything that remotely sounds like it could be dreamies or anything in a similar type of bag😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3

emm

VIP Member
Pixie got loads of dreamies, a cat nip toy, a vibrating mouse that moves across the floor & a scratching toy.
Of course she preferred a paper bag.
Typical, ( apart from dreamies ) you should have just left her with your wrapping paper 😂 in a guilt measure I gave mine the leftover scrambled eggs we had from breakfast , they usually love eggs but have snubbed them, I relived the advent calendar situation again and realised why I shouldn’t buy them anything special n 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

wakametango

Chatty Member
thanks for the advice, such a nightmare! my cat had fleas once before has never happened this badly!
The vet was so dismissive to me when i asked for advice so I was determined to sort it without her help! Told me the mainstream products I was holding were cac but I still went ahead and bought them because I can’t get my cat to the vet atm and so far so good. Go in with a war like attitude to kill em and you’ll do fine!

Noseyparker86

Why are places willing to accept the dog and not the cat? Either way hiding a cat is easy ( I know you have said you don’t want to but…) honestly if I were you I would just lie about it, it is very hard t9 find forever homes for cats, ecpecwilly nowadays when shelters are all so full
Thats what we’re going to do, I can’t give him up I love him too much. I’m going to keep applying honestly and if we still haven’t been accepted for anywhere by the time we have to move I’ll have to hide him.

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
Does anyone have any advice? My girl has recently started jumping up onto our bannisters! I’m terrified she will fall. Obviously their balance is amazing but it’s worrying me. She even has the nerve to balance on three legs and clean the other one whilst on there 😂 I’m sure she knows it worries me. lol. She’s never done this before we have had her for 5 years! Any ideas to stop this?
My cat jumped out of a second story window and landed on her feet in front of me in the garden. My other cat used to sleep on top of our old living room TV and sometimes the tops of the doors. Cats just love high places.

emm

VIP Member
Hey all, just looking for a bit of advice. I have two young cats (brother and sister) that I rescued as kittens last year. Sadly, we’ve had a lot of disruption (I’ve moved house twice). Plus I work from home so I’m always around

My boy has settled down fine- he’s a little skittish sometimes but other than that is fine.
Im having a lot of toileting problems with my girl though and I’m at a loss what to do. Sometimes for no rhyme or reason she’s peeing outside the litter box.

I have the recommended 3 litters, kept in low traffic and private areas away from food and drink. I scoop the litters multiple times a day, although granted probably don’t get all of the dirty bits out. And fully change the litter and clean the litter box 1-2 times a week. Sometimes the litter can be perfectly clean and she will just go to a corner and pee on the carpet. I’ve noticed she will meow at me and if I don’t get up with her/ investigate what she wants she will pee nearby on the carpet. Sometimes I have to take her to the toilet/ pop her in the litter tray to get her to use it. I’m at a loss at what to do. Could it be anxiety related? Or just that she needs training?
Not at all an expert but is she neutered yet? I know it is usually boys that do this when uneautered but it might be that, my little girl did it a bit when she was a kitten, another female cat actually did it after neutering as she found it painful to get into the box with her scar so we had to get a shallower one. it might also be worth buying a new type of cat litter to see if she prefers it?

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
My old cat was well known for robbing a roastie off the Sunday dinner 🙈 to be honest nothing could be left alone, because he loved to sample everything like yours! My new boy Tiger is the total opposite, he’s just not food oriented at all, the boy lives on fresh air it seems
I cannot imagine what it is like to have a cat that's life doesn't revolve around food :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
Pooh squeezed himself into the tiniest box in the house, I seriously have no idea how he fit himself in there! He weighs 13 kilos and this box is way smaller than his giant frame. I love seeing big cats like tigers sitting in boxes, always cracks me up.View attachment 789029
gorgeous! my cat tries to fit herself into boxes she fit into as a 10 week old kitten, you can imagine if that works or not :ROFLMAO:
my cats LOVE watching big cat docs on youtube, if you need a break from them hassling you to work etc I recommend playing one on the TVv, mine are alwys gripped!

• Heart

MensaBarbie1985

Chatty Member
gorgeous! the black kitten looks so much like mine when they were tiny 😻 (and of course the inevitable box picture :ROFLMAO:)what is it with kittens being obsessed with being near your neck?! my younger one is now around 8 months and still constantly tries to balance on my neck like he used to when he was tiny, doesn't appear to understand he has grown :ROFLMAO:
she’s much bigger now but she still likes to sleep practically on my face! Has no understanding of personal space whatsoever! Believe it or not this photo was about 2 hours after the came home to us…

the tabby is pixie and she just LOVES a box 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
WAY longer, especially when you consider it is really common for people who murder defenseless animals like this to end up as serial killers
So well known emm,a trait,he was probably like that as a kid,killing pets etc.boils my piss.☹😢

Hope people that knew him will talk about him,there must be history on his pet killings.😢

• Angry

emm

VIP Member
Has anyone done anything like this for their cats? We want to move house and the plan is to have a room where they can just go nuts and explore. Any tips if you have will be amazing!
I would LOVE to do this in my flat but I would worry that (like basicall everything else I have bought for them) it would go unused :ROFLMAO:

Well mines a total shite.....but I love him anyway 🤣. Hisses at all men (good lad). Bites for the hell of it because why not and occasionally craps on my floor because he's in a strop. He's an ex rescue (and never to be a rescue again!). Including the shelter, this is home number 4 and his forever home. He was so, so aggressive when I got him I was actually terrified of him (thank god for Jackson Galaxy!) but he's my boy and I absolutely adore him. Breed unknown - vet reckons possibly some siberian/Norwegian forest type as he's HUGE, like 6.7kg and not overweight huge 🙈 so can be quite scary when he decides to lunge at you
yeah my older cat is the same, I am COVERED in scratches as she goes from wanting pets to having enough and attacking within milliseconds :ROFLMAO:, but tbh if I was a cat I would probably be the same :ROFLMAO:
At least you have no need for a guard dog :ROFLMAO:

• Haha