The share my cat thread! #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please don't EVER use ANY Bob Martin stuff. It's terrible. Their flea collars and treatment have caused severe illness and deaths in animals.

A couple of years ago I THOUGHT I saw one loan flea on my cat. The vet THOUGHT he saw something too. Neither of us were sure, but he said best to treat it anyway

I got a spray from the vet called 'RIP Flea' (yes, seriously! 😂 ) that you use to treat the house. I won't lie. It's a pain to do, but fortunately I've only ever had to do it once. He treated the cat in the surgery on the day.

I couldn't understand how it happened as she's treated with a prevention treatment every three months, however I had been using Advocate and the vet said that a lot of cats seem to be getting immune to it. I use Bravecto now.

You can buy RIP Flea on Amazon and perhaps pet shops might have it, but ask the vet what's the best thing to treat the cat with.
thank you so much. I will have a look into the one you’ve used. God I will never go near that Bob Martin stuff! I couldn’t believe it when I was reading the reviews. It’s so readily available in places like wilko and Tesco you would assume it’s safe. I feel so sorry for people who trusted the product and it caused their pet to be ill or even die. Shocking

• Heart
Reactions: 2
thank you so much. I will have a look into the one you’ve used. God I will never go near that Bob Martin stuff! I couldn’t believe it when I was reading the reviews. It’s so readily available in places like wilko and Tesco you would assume it’s safe. I feel so sorry for people who trusted the product and it caused their pet to be ill or even die. Shocking
There have been petitions to have it removed from supermarket shelves, but I know. Y local Tesco still stock it. It's incredibly dangerous.

Please don't EVER use ANY Bob Martin stuff. It's terrible. Their flea collars and treatment have caused severe illness and deaths in animals.

A couple of years ago I THOUGHT I saw one loan flea on my cat. The vet THOUGHT he saw something too. Neither of us were sure, but he said best to treat it anyway

I got a spray from the vet called 'RIP Flea' (yes, seriously! 😂 ) that you use to treat the house. I won't lie. It's a pain to do, but fortunately I've only ever had to do it once. He treated the cat in the surgery on the day.

I couldn't understand how it happened as she's treated with a prevention treatment every three months, however I had been using Advocate and the vet said that a lot of cats seem to be getting immune to it. I use Bravecto now.

You can buy RIP Flea on Amazon and perhaps pet shops might have it, but ask the vet what's the best thing to treat the cat with.
I got Strikeback, I used the bomb and then the spray over the next few days. you need to spray and then hoover and make sure you throw away the hoover bag outside immediately (I forgot this the first time i did it and had to basically start again) Apparently fleas have been a huge problem this year for lots of cats

Arrgghh! One LONE flea, not LOAN flea. The cat hadn't just borrowed it!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
quite random, but does anyone have experience using cat litter you can flush down the toilet? I didn't realise it was a thing until recently but don't want to risk it if it doesn't work as i only have one toilet and don't want to block it!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
quite random, but does anyone have experience using cat litter you can flush down the toilet? I didn't realise it was a thing until recently but don't want to risk it if it doesn't work as i only have one toilet and don't want to block it!
I would never use it,only loo paper goes down my loo,I wouldn’t use loo wipes either.Can you imagine blocking up bog and also effects other neighboursnloo’s.
lots of these idea come from States,they don’t care what they put down their loo’s really.They don’t get any messages of what you can flush in loo’s..We know here in UK only loo paper nothing else.

how are everyone;s cats doing with the fireworks? Mine are not bothered but angry not being able to go outside (for the last week as fireworks where I live seem to have been constant for the last week :rolleyes:)

Reactions: 1
how are everyone;s cats doing with the fireworks? Mine are not bothered but angry not being able to go outside (for the last week as fireworks where I live seem to have been constant for the last week :rolleyes:)
Mine are more scared of the ice cream van than fireworks 🙄

• Haha
mine are scared of the doorbell :ROFLMAO:
Oh yes. The doorbell causes quite a stir in our house. And the window cleaner!!

Fireworks though, they aren't bothered at all! They'll sit and watch them for hours

• Heart
My Lola has spent the last three days hiding in her cat tree, only coming out for the occasional bite to eat 😢

• Sad
As someone that works in the water industry… don’t do it! Sewers are designed for wee, poo and toilet paper and nothing else. Anything else going down your toilet risks blockages, and NOBODY wants that

Mine is loving trying to hunt them through the window 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Quite lucky that my cat has never been bothered by fireworks. The hoover on the other hand...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Quite lucky that my cat has never been bothered by fireworks. The hoover on the other hand...
one of my cats is terrified of the broom, let alone the hoover :ROFLMAO: every time I clean I am reminded of why the phrase "scaredly cat" exists :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.