The share my cat thread! #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
...my Evie (who is 9) in the catnip plant pot!

...my Dora...who I had to say goodbye to a couple of weeks ago...was 14 going on 15 so had a good life for a wee stray rescued from the Olympic site in Stratford!

...my girl Luci, Dora's daughter...who died whilst I still lived in London...

Bad photo, but she wouldn't pose for me so it was the best I could get.
I'm a bit worried about that black spot on her nose. I know some of the feral cats that I feed have skin cancer and one in particular has a few black marks on his nose.

She's due her annual check up and jabs in the next few weeks anyway so I'll mention it to the vet then, but I might ring tomorrow and see if I could get her in for next week.
Hopefully it's nothing but looking back at photos of her from a couple of months ago and it definitely wasn't there then. I don't think it's a cut or scab either though.

EDIT: the colouring on the side of her nose is just normal. She's always has that.

This is Ucho, one of the feral guys. You can see he has quite a few black marks on his nose.
...my first boy Lestat...adopted when he was 16...think he was an indoor cat before we got him...little spot on his nose appeared after first summer we had him...unfortunately it did turn out to be a tumour...he was with us for a couple of years until it got bad...😿

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
...my Evie (who is 9) in the catnip plant pot!

...my Dora...who I had to say goodbye to a couple of weeks ago...was 14 going on 15 so had a good life for a wee stray rescued from the Olympic site in Stratford!

...my girl Luci, Dora's daughter...who died whilst I still lived in London...

...my first boy Lestat...adopted when he was 16...think he was an indoor cat before we got him...little spot on his nose appeared after first summer we had him...unfortunately it did turn out to be a tumour...he was with us for a couple of years until it got bad...😿
😻 stunning. poor little Lestat, at least he enjoyed some beautiful years being loved until the end

Reactions: 1
The cats recused on Olympic site was rescued by Celia
hammond Animal Trust. 112 cats they rescued..I know that very well. There was one puss who was elusive but managed to get the darling..🥰Most wonderful cat rescue ever Celia is totally devoted to rescue and care.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The cats recused on Olympic site was rescued by Celia
hammond Animal Trust. 112 cats they rescued..I know that very well. There was one puss who was elusive but managed to get the darling..🥰Most wonderful cat rescue ever Celia is totally devoted to rescue and care.
...that's right, we adopted them from her place in Canning Town...they do sterling work, give treatment to pets and people who don't have a lot of money too...were you one of her volunteers Dolly, if so thankyou!!!
Dora and her 3 kittens (Dora front far left and Luci front far right)...Celia tried to get us to foster the other two but I knew we wouldn't give them back lol...didn't really have space/funds for 4 cats at the time...my ex died recently too so I take comfort that he is looking after both of my girls ( said in a Jean Brodie accent :giggle:).

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
...that's right, we adopted them from her place in Canning Town...they do sterling work, give treatment to pets and people who don't have a lot of money too...were you one of her volunteers Dolly, if so thankyou!!!
Dora and her 3 kittens (Dora front far left and Luci front far right)...Celia tried to get us to foster the other two but I knew we wouldn't give them back lol...didn't really have space/funds for 4 cats at the time...my ex died recently too so I take comfort that he is looking after both of my girls ( said in a Jean Brodie accent :giggle:).
Awwwwww bless you,no I wasn’t but donated money,my sis worked as volunteer at Canning Town,Celia is lovely person,my sis got her three cats from the trust,when my sis died Celia was so kind to me,one of My sis cats wasn’t well at all Celia said to me take he to them,they put Lil on life saving equipment for two days ,but she wasn’t well at all so had to say goodbye to her,I went to pay what I owed Celia said just make a donation which I did,can you imagine how much it would have been at a vets!.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Awwwwww bless you,no I wasn’t but donated money,my sis worked as volunteer at Canning Town,Celia is lovely person,my sis got her three cats from the trust,when my sis died Celia was so kind to me,one of My sis cats wasn’t well at all Celia said to me take he to them,they put Lil on life saving equipment for two days ,but she wasn’t well at all so had to say goodbye to her,I went to pay what I owed Celia said just make a donation which I did,can you imagine how much it would have been at a vets!.
😻

...for National black cat day...and month...my pretty...

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Guys we got our cat back after almost 6 long weeks 😭
I have the cutest video I wish I could share of my daughter just so happy to see him back.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh please tell us.🙏
He was 3.5 miles away on the other side of the river! The lady who found him had only been looking after him for a few days so no idea where he was before that. He's lost 1.5kg and is very subdued and a bit dirty but he's home :cry: the power of a microchip! We are just so thankful she asked Cats Protection to come out and scan him.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
He was 3.5 miles away on the other side of the river! The lady who found him had only been looking after him for a few days so no idea where he was before that. He's lost 1.5kg and is very subdued and a bit dirty but he's home :cry: the power of a microchip! We are just so thankful she asked Cats Protection to come out and scan him.
Awwwwww how lovely so pleased for you and wonderful lovely news,gives hope to lots of peeps.🙏

Awwwwww how lovely so pleased for you and wonderful lovely news,gives hope to lots of peeps.🙏
Absolutely, never give up! This was completely out of the blue, we'd had zero sightings at all and then just wham, the phone rang and within an hour we were reunited :m

• Heart
this news has made my day, how wonderful for you all 😻 fatten him up with lots of dreamies :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Hey guys after some advice. Have the past couple of days found a number of fleas in my bed 😭 not sure if they’re from my cat as she doesn’t go out. I do tend to stroke cats when I’m out so maybe jumped onto me? Anyway it’s ruining my sleep and making me so miserable. Couldn’t come at a worse time as I’m struggling mentally already. So we’ve done the flea treatment on our cat but the main question is what’s the best spray I can get to spray in my house and bedroom? Something that’s safe to use around beds etc. I googled this one called Bob Martin but the reviews scared the tit out of me lots of people saying their pets died weeks after they used the product!! I’m so worried about what to buy now but obviously want these buggers gone. Any advice much appreciated

Hey guys after some advice. Have the past couple of days found a number of fleas in my bed 😭 not sure if they’re from my cat as she doesn’t go out. I do tend to stroke cats when I’m out so maybe jumped onto me? Anyway it’s ruining my sleep and making me so miserable. Couldn’t come at a worse time as I’m struggling mentally already. So we’ve done the flea treatment on our cat but the main question is what’s the best spray I can get to spray in my house and bedroom? Something that’s safe to use around beds etc. I googled this one called Bob Martin but the reviews scared the tit out of me lots of people saying their pets died weeks after they used the product!! I’m so worried about what to buy now but obviously want these buggers gone. Any advice much appreciated
Please don't EVER use ANY Bob Martin stuff. It's terrible. Their flea collars and treatment have caused severe illness and deaths in animals.

A couple of years ago I THOUGHT I saw one loan flea on my cat. The vet THOUGHT he saw something too. Neither of us were sure, but he said best to treat it anyway

I got a spray from the vet called 'RIP Flea' (yes, seriously! 😂 ) that you use to treat the house. I won't lie. It's a pain to do, but fortunately I've only ever had to do it once. He treated the cat in the surgery on the day.

I couldn't understand how it happened as she's treated with a prevention treatment every three months, however I had been using Advocate and the vet said that a lot of cats seem to be getting immune to it. I use Bravecto now.

You can buy RIP Flea on Amazon and perhaps pet shops might have it, but ask the vet what's the best thing to treat the cat with.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.