The share my cat thread! #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
one of my cats is terrified of the broom, let alone the hoover :ROFLMAO: every time I clean I am reminded of why the phrase "scaredly cat" exists :ROFLMAO:
Mine decided today she was terrified of a teaspoon.
My dad coming round to replace the radiator was fascinating for her though...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is my beautiful 12 year old boy, Salem. We rescued him in December last year and I can hand on heart say he has changed my life. Never had a pet make such an impact on my mental health and Im obsessed with him haha
20210909_114346.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
...she is gorgeous...surprised she let's you...if I attempt with mine I usually get a swift swipe ( claws in though) :LOL:
I have three and they all really love belly rubs. It might be a Maine Coon thing as I've never come across cats who dig tummy pats so much!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have three and they all really love belly rubs. It might be a Maine Coon thing as I've never come across cats who dig tummy pats so much!
one of my cats is half maine coon and basically rarely tolerates even being touched, of course i cannot resist and am therefore covered in scratches, meanwhile my other cat pretty much insists on cuddles and pets every moment of the day :ROFLMAO: I don't know why i can't get one who is somewhere in the middle :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Awww, look at all your cute cats 😍

Here's mine, a cheeky sod but love him.

Cat purring is just the best - I find it really calming. Anyone else? (Apaz, one of the many reasons they do it is to heal). 😃

one of my cats is terrified of the broom, let alone the hoover :ROFLMAO: every time I clean I am reminded of why the phrase "scaredly cat" exists :ROFLMAO:
Yes, mine is scared of the broom and hoover too. 🤷‍♀️ Not so much the doorbell, in fact, we have a ring doorbell so when he hears the chime thing, he runs straight to the door. 🤣

She is beautiful. She looks like my boy.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Can I ask for some kitten advice please?

So, I have two kittens. They are nearly 4 months old. One feel normal to me when you stroke him but the other one feels really boney.

They have both been to the vets twice since we've owned them and we were told they were both in perfect health. They are fully vaccinated and are booked in to be neutered on 1st Dec. Flea and worming treatment is up to date.

We will be asking the vet about our concerns again then but this cat is oddly skinny. I can feel individual vertebrae, his chest bone is very prominent. There's just no fat under the skin. He's a bit like a fur covered skeleton.

He eats well, seems content - purrs etc, sleeps well, plays, doesn't seem distressed.

I'm wondering about a thyroid problem perhaps or a spinal issue. Surely if it was very bad, he'd seem unwell?

In the last couple of days he's making a weird teeth grinding noise when he eats. Is this just teething or could it be a sign of something more ominous?

We can't being the next appointment forward so we just feel a bit useless until then.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Can I ask for some kitten advice please?

So, I have two kittens. They are nearly 4 months old. One feel normal to me when you stroke him but the other one feels really boney.

They have both been to the vets twice since we've owned them and we were told they were both in perfect health. They are fully vaccinated and are booked in to be neutered on 1st Dec. Flea and worming treatment is up to date.

We will be asking the vet about our concerns again then but this cat is oddly skinny. I can feel individual vertebrae, his chest bone is very prominent. There's just no fat under the skin. He's a bit like a fur covered skeleton.

He eats well, seems content - purrs etc, sleeps well, plays, doesn't seem distressed.

I'm wondering about a thyroid problem perhaps or a spinal issue. Surely if it was very bad, he'd seem unwell?

In the last couple of days he's making a weird teeth grinding noise when he eats. Is this just teething or could it be a sign of something more ominous?

We can't being the next appointment forward so we just feel a bit useless until then.
I've never come across anything like this so I can't offer any advice, sorry! It sounds like they're both well taken care of. December 1st might seem a long way away but it's only a few weeks so as long as the kitten isn't really uncomfortable or in pain I think you should be ok until the vet sees him. Best of luck with them 💖

Reactions: 1
I've never come across anything like this so I can't offer any advice, sorry! It sounds like they're both well taken care of. December 1st might seem a long way away but it's only a few weeks so as long as the kitten isn't really uncomfortable or in pain I think you should be ok until the vet sees him. Best of luck with them 💖
Thank you.
It's not something I've experienced either with the cats I've had before. Hopefully it's just how he is and there's nothing to worry about.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.