Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hello!

My wee Orion has just turned 1 years old, so I started to cut back his food as recommended by the vet as he’s now an adult. He’s not too happy about this, but despite cutting back he’s still a whopping 5.5kg.

hes always been a solid chunky cat even as a kitten, but I’m worried about his weight. I’d like to feed him more as he’s clearly looking for it, but don’t want him to end up overweight. Any advice?

At the moment he gets two aluminium trays and one Whiskas pouch. I leave a wee handful of biscuits out overnight, but he honestly hates them.

I’ve tried condition scoring him but it’s really hard.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hey guys hope you and your kitties have all had a great Christmas!! I haven’t commented on this thread for months 😭 but I’m back and just read through all your comments. I think I started this thread but had to make a new account as I couldn’t comment anymore on anything 😭 anyway here is my two cats with their Christmas hamper each ❤ They had three chicken dinners today! Breakfast lunch and dinner we had lots and lots of meaty leftovers!! Lucky! Xxx

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12

mRsKbRoOkS

VIP Member
Hey fellow cat lovers -
I am new to the cat loving society. We got my eldest a kitty a few months ago and well I’ve claimed him (or he’s claimed me). I love him so much I never knew I was a cat person, I feel sad that I never knew this about my self and that I have had many wasted years without a cat in my life 🤣. They really are the best. Our boy is 6 months old, has the strangest personality loves water, is more like a dog follows you round wants to know where I am at all times. If I’m in the bath or shower he tries to get in. He takes regular showers under our kitchen sink 😂. He wakes me up at 6 am every day sat on my chest and licking my face (not always ideal). He makes me lift him to his food by giving me a strange meow/humming noise (he can get there himself, which he does if I’m not around 🙄). He is best friends with our dog and they play like puppies wrestle each other and chase each other, both greet us at the door whenever we come home (so cute).
We have no idea what type of cat he is. He is very big for his age 3 lbs heavier than your average kitty at that age (we don’t over feed him and he isn’t fat). The vet asked if he was part Maine coon (that would be cool, not sure though) . He is registered as a domestic long haired, don’t mind what he is as he is puurfect. I have so much love for cats now, how did I not know ? ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
Guys we got our cat back after almost 6 long weeks 😭
I have the cutest video I wish I could share of my daughter just so happy to see him back.

• Heart
Reactions: 11