The Running Thread 🏃‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so glad there was no Brighton half today. Did some of the route. Too hot to begin with and then it was too windy and wet.

Sorry for too much information, but runners trots? Anyone got any advice please?
Have you Jusr started running? I found that the more my body got used to it, I was okay. Found also running first thing in the morning helped too.

Reactions: 1
Hello runners 🏃🏻‍♀️ Just went for my first run in about 2 and a half years. Started couch to 5k and feel surprisingly okay afterwards (obv week 1 is a lot of walking so that helps 😂). Excited to be running again!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hello runners 🏃🏻‍♀️ Just went for my first run in about 2 and a half years. Started couch to 5k and feel surprisingly okay afterwards (obv week 1 is a lot of walking so that helps 😂). Excited to be running again!
Well done 👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Half marathon training starts today!

I’ve paid a local running coach for a plan as I couldn’t find one that did 12 weeks, 3 runs a week without ridiculous mileage.

anyone else training for a half?

I’ve paid a local running coach for a plan as I couldn’t find one that did 12 weeks, 3 runs a week without ridiculous mileage.

I’ve just finished training for one (and done the half!) really enjoyed the training but found some of the long runs on a weekend so time consuming 😂

Me! One in September 5th and another at the end of October.

Haven't been on this thread in a long time but I'm determined to start running again! Did couch 2 5k last summer, and built up to running 10ks most weekends in early 2021, but just tailed off in April/May then stopped running completely. Today I am going to start couch to 5k from week 3- wish me luck! 🤞

Reactions: 9
Hi runners! New to the thread 🏃🏼‍♀️

Just got properly back into couch to 5k I’m on the third week - but I keep getting terrible pains in my shins and knees after I finish. I know I need to warm up and stretch properly which I have been doing, also my trainers are new and supportive. Think it’s because I’ve not run for a while and my legs aren’t used to it.
But my aim is to be back to running 5k regularly by the end of the year 😊

Reactions: 3
I just ran 10k yesterday, first such a long run after three years of battling my ED. Now I am at a healthy weight and can do sports again. Hoping to do a second marathon next year, did my first in 2018.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Has anyone ever experience throbbing pain at night in one knee?

I went for a run yesterday at lunch break. All fine, nothing special happened. I was able to walk normally afterwards, no pain or anything. Then suddenly, in the middle of the night, I get this throbbing sharp pain in my left knee that woke me up. It lasted all night and as I tried to get out of bed, I almost fell because my entire leg was weak and painful. I couldn't walk at all. Thankfully, I took two Nuforens and it went back to normal.

Is it safe to go for a run again tomorrow? Or should I see a physio?

Hi, not been on this thread for a while.
Did coach to 5k, and was running 5k a couple of times a week. It took me a long time to get to 5k, about 8 months not 8 weeks. So keep going.

Now have plantar fasciitis as I was not stretching, so just be careful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.