The Running Thread 🏃‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did (not in 60 mins like they said but 70) but not bad considering at the start I couldn’t even run 2 mins without struggling! I used to run a few years back but ended up with a nasty kidney issue which stopped me and I never got back into running. I used to go to the gym a lot pre lockdown 1 though and did spin classes/weights/the step machine. But hadn’t done anything from March until November when I picked the app up!
I miss this machine so much. I’m still recovering from a knee injury and taking it slow. Managing to do a couple of 5k’s a week on the treadmill. I’ll take that for now until the weather improves.

I think I have shin splits now instead of calf pain 😭 any tips please? I’ve tried stretching, resting, heat compress

I went for a quick run when I got home from work today and ended up doing 4K. Never usually go that far in the week.

Reactions: 5
Finally accepted my old sketchers are very past their best (I'm blaming not running much recently on my trainers now being very uncomfy) and so I've ordered a pair of ASIC gel contend - heard good things about them and it was the most affordable (£38 seemed reasonable) so excited to see if they'll make a difference!

During couch to 5k, I got terrible calf pain and it prevented me from running the rest of the run 😢 I do and have always stretched before and after the run. Does anyone have any other tips? Should I stop running for a while? 😭
I have had the same problem. Rest seems to ease it but it comes back now and then. Ran 5k this morning with no reaction. I have been doing some core strengthening exercises and walked a lot to try and help

Reactions: 1
I have had the same problem. Rest seems to ease it but it comes back now and then. Ran 5k this morning with no reaction. I have been doing some core strengthening exercises and walked a lot to try and help
Hope it stays that way for you 😌

Finally accepted my old sketchers are very past their best (I'm blaming not running much recently on my trainers now being very uncomfy) and so I've ordered a pair of ASIC gel contend - heard good things about them and it was the most affordable (£38 seemed reasonable) so excited to see if they'll make a difference!

Never found Sketcher gave me enough support for running.

Be interested to hear what you think about your new ones, I also need a new pair

Regarding calf pain, it could be that your trainers need replacing. I find that I know when its time replace mine when my knees and hips start aching.

Reactions: 2
Can any one recommend a phone case for a iPhone 7plus? I’ve yet to find a arm case that fits my phone 😫 same with running belts not big enough for my brick of a phone! Thank you 😊
Just been on a early 2k run,

I'm a big asics fan and rotate between two road pairs and a trail pair. Hope you get on well with them!

Can any one recommend a phone case for a iPhone 7plus? I’ve yet to find a arm case that fits my phone 😫 same with running belts not big enough for my brick of a phone! Thank you 😊
Just been on a early 2k run,
I got some running belts on Amazon and they fit my 8+ in perfectly. I just searched running belt iPhone 8+!

Woohoo finally cracked the sub 30 min 5K this morning - 28:42! Must be doing something right 😂

Reactions: 14
I think I have shin splits now instead of calf pain 😭 any tips please? I’ve tried stretching, resting, heat compress
If you have shin sprints you really need to rest, continuing to run on them could end up with you getting a stress fracture and the recovery time for that is even longer than shin splints. I had them last year when I first started running and although it was really frustrating I just had to stop running for a couple of weeks to let my legs recover. I needed new trainers as the ones I was running in were really old and not cushioning my feet properly so that was also a contributing factor.

One of the other things that caused me to get shin splints was the fact that I used to heel strike when I ran. What part of your foot lands first when running? It should actually be the middle of your foot, not your heel. So if it’s your heel that lands first then you heel strike and you should try to change it as this might be why your shins are hurting. There are exercises on YouTube to help with that, and they talk about the optimum running technique. Changing this was hard and involved me having to really think about every single step I took, but has stopped me getting the pain since and has made running much easier. Here are a few videos I personally found helpful.

When I started running again I had to start off really slow, and actually what helped me more than going back to the start of C25k was actually just slowly running for 1km in one go and doing that 3 times a week until I felt like my legs were ready to go back to C25k, and I jumped in at week 4 or 5. I found it easier to pace myself running for longer bursts rather than the short bursts in weeks 1 and 2.

Can anyone recommend a good sports bra? I’m a size 10 34D if that helps

Been slacking a bit the last week or so.. well I say slacking I’ve been a busy bee 😂 did 5.5k tonight in 31 mins and on Saturday 29 mins.. gonna try and do a 10k at the weekend I’m dying for a good stretch

Been slacking a bit the last week or so.. well I say slacking I’ve been a busy bee 😂 did 5.5k tonight in 31 mins and on Saturday 29 mins.. gonna try and do a 10k at the weekend I’m dying for a good stretch
I got this one from Amazon the other day, it's not the prettiest of bras but it's very adjustable and really straps them down tight with minimal jiggle!

Last edited:

Ive used these sports bra’s for years, good value and such a good price feel very “secure” when out running 😂

Never found Sketcher gave me enough support for running.

Be interested to hear what you think about your new ones, I also need a new pair
My Asics arrived a few days ago, so far they seem pretty good! Simultaneously feel soft and light whilst still being very supportive. Hadn't really put much thought into what shoes I wore before, but these already seem to make a difference compared to running in old scratty trainers!

I am finding though that even walking, after a while the medial sides of my feet get really achy - I think maybe I'm over pronating too much? Anyone got any tips to sort it because it's really annoying 😂😭

Could someone please recommend a 20-30 minute home work out please, trying to find something that doesn’t involve to much jumping up and down as I live in a top floor flat and don’t want to annoy the neighbours.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.