The Running Thread 🏃‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope your feeling back to yourself soon, remember to take it easy and listen to your body, all the best
Thank you ❤ I’ve still been exercising but just walking or just going on the exercise bike while watching TV. Hoping to be feeling up to getting back out there soon 😊
View attachment 508846

managed a 10k yesterday... I’ve got the bug now I want to do it again today 🤣so proud of myself 🏃🏽‍♀️
Well done ❤! That’s great! We got matching times btw to the second of my last 10K the other week 🤣💕 are you still fancying doing a half marathon?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Well done ❤! That’s great! We got matching times btw to the second of my last 10K the other week 🤣💕 are you still fancying doing a half marathon?
Thanks so much ❤ I’d like to try but I don’t think I can commit to the training, I’m doing a couple of 10ks tho

• Heart
I really want to start running but I’m worried that I’m too obese. I have been going for walks after work every day but find them hard work so probably have a way to go before I can run but have been reading some of the great advice on here in the meantime!
Anyone can run! When walking around you must see every body shape/ every age! It's the best thing and people will nod or smile. But I understand your nerves because I had nerves. Maybe go at quiet times like first thing in the morning? (as it hits 5am I'm up ready to go...because I start getting ready for work at 6). I never did C25k just because I don't like running with things. But a run round the block is stil a starting point. Give it a go and good luck. I'm excited to hear about how you get on 😁

Reactions: 3
I didn't run for over a week because I kept putting it off and then created a mental block for myself. Pushed myself out this evening and smashed it! 10 mins run 5 mins walk and another 10 mins run. I feel so good about myself now!

Reactions: 13
I lost the motivation to run over winter but I’m really hoping now with spring in the air I’ll be able to get back in to it. Just upgraded my Garmin so hopefully that will also help motivate me to get out there more.

Reactions: 7
Had a week off running as I did a hiit work out last week and it killed me!!! My god I was please to be back out!

Reactions: 2
Anyone can run! When walking around you must see every body shape/ every age! It's the best thing and people will nod or smile. But I understand your nerves because I had nerves. Maybe go at quiet times like first thing in the morning? (as it hits 5am I'm up ready to go...because I start getting ready for work at 6). I never did C25k just because I don't like running with things. But a run round the block is stil a starting point. Give it a go and good luck. I'm excited to hear about how you get on 😁
When I decided to start running I tried runnning round the block but stopped far too easily. C25k has given me the motivation to keep going but also provided a structure that I know others have done and been successful with. Particularly the first couple of weeks you know it is only a short time running. Knowing the voice will come kept me going. If it was left to me I would stop earlier.

When I decided to start running I tried runnning round the block but stopped far too easily. C25k has given me the motivation to keep going but also provided a structure that I know others have done and been successful with. Particularly the first couple of weeks you know it is only a short time running. Knowing the voice will come kept me going. If it was left to me I would stop earlier.
I was in the same boat: without Sarah Millican going, "well done, pet" in my ear I don't think I'd have managed to run for more than a minute at a time.

@pbontoast if it's gonna be your first time running, I recommend looking up good running posture. It can help prevent injuries and generally makes running a lot more pleasant.

I was in the same boat: without Sarah Millican going, "well done, pet" in my ear I don't think I'd have managed to run for more than a minute at a time.

@pbontoast if it's gonna be your first time running, I recommend looking up good running posture. It can help prevent injuries and generally makes running a lot more pleasant.
That's the beauty with running... use an app, don't use an app. Run outside, run on a treadhill. Do 5k, do 1k. Whatever people find works for them, do that.

Hello all, I had kinda forgotten about this thread. I found a lovely new route that is the perfect 5km, fastest time so far is 34mins. Had 10 days off after my COVID jab (just cos of when run days fell in relation to it) and went out on Friday and it was so hard! Hoping tomorrow is easier 😢

Am considering trying to go out before breakfast to see if I can run without fuel as it would be so much easier running first thing rather than waiting for breakfast to digest.

Reactions: 6

I have Laura in my ear. Don’t think I could take Sarah Millican and the thought she is fitter than me!

Had to comment after reading this thread. Started couch to 5k at the beginning of the year and finished it last week. Could barely imagining finishing week 5 and now I’m loving running for 30/40 mins without stopping!

How long would you recommend waiting before thinking of building up to 10k?

Had to comment after reading this thread. Started couch to 5k at the beginning of the year and finished it last week. Could barely imagining finishing week 5 and now I’m loving running for 30/40 mins without stopping!

Do a 10K training plan, will start you off where it thinks you are ready, mine is a couch 2 10K and stated me a couple weeks in!

Well done 😄😄😄😄!!!

Don’t wait! Get started whenever you feel ready.

There’s loads of training plans online for all speeds and distances. Keep up the good work.

I have been trying to do C25K for about five years.

I'm not a runner so stopped and started, stopped and started it again and again.

Never before got passed week 3, then just before Christmas got to week 5, then got ill.

When back to it with a pal who started it at the end of last year and is now running her 5k.
I ran with her, very slowly about 6 weeks ago and got to 25 minutes of running ( about 2 miles)
6 weeks on and still only doing 25 minute run at about 2.5 miles, but I do it three times a week, so happy with it.

I had to switch Sarah Milligan off, she was doing my head in.

Question - does anyone get a really nasty upset tummy when they have finished running. You almost feel that you could have an accident!

Has anyone here tried 'Zombies Run' / 'Zombies Run 5k' instead of the regular C25K? I found it so much fun! I didn't get to finish it because I'm terrible and lazy and use a treadmill that broke haha, but it was a great alternative to the regular one. A bit tougher, I think, the initial runs felt longer? I might start it up again :)

I have Laura in my ear. Don’t think I could take Sarah Millican and the thought she is fitter than me!
Aha, feel like I'm in the minority who like hearing her while running.

Has anyone here tried 'Zombies Run' / 'Zombies Run 5k' instead of the regular C25K? I found it so much fun! I didn't get to finish it because I'm terrible and lazy and use a treadmill that broke haha, but it was a great alternative to the regular one. A bit tougher, I think, the initial runs felt longer? I might start it up again :)
I've not tried it but it sounds ace. I keep meaning to get back into running, but something more urgent always comes up (like going on Tattle, or deep cleaning the bathroom). How many weeks long is it?

Hi all! It's my first time posting on this thread and I just wanted to say I have been slowly working my way up to running more this past year, and I've just signed up for my first half marathon! It's 6 months from now in October, and I'm so excited to start training for it :) Happy to see a running thread on here!!

Reactions: 10
Hi all! It's my first time posting on this thread and I just wanted to say I have been slowly working my way up to running more this past year, and I've just signed up for my first half marathon! It's 6 months from now in October, and I'm so excited to start training for it :) Happy to see a running thread on here!!
Oxford???

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.