The Running Thread 🏃‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always have a coffee beforehand! Argh! I’ve just had one and I’m going soon 🏃🏽‍♀️ 💩 🤣
I can’t actually function in the morning without coffee to the point I have an automatic coffee maker so it’s ready the second I get up 😂

Have a good run Blair 🏃‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 2
How do people run in the cold? I’m merely a beginner so I’m not used to it and haven’t adapted yet 😩😩😩

Reactions: 2
How do people run in the cold? I’m merely a beginner so I’m not used to it and haven’t adapted yet 😩😩😩
Just joining this thread as I didn't realise it existed and was pleased to see it here! Hey guys!

If it is super cold I wear a long sleeve running jacket over a long sleeve top, leggings to the ankles, and then gloves. I'm lucky with having thick hair so I don't tend to wear a hat, and then my headphones act as a type of ear muff :LOL: However, I always run for the second mile, because you warm up so quickly and the worst thing is overheating and having to faff about getting undressed on your run.

Reactions: 4
I take a light zip up hoodie out with me, then I can easily take it off and tie round waist if I get too warm. It's only cold for the first few mins, the hardest part is getting yourself out when you know it's cold!

Reactions: 5
That might be the secret to increasing pace!
Hahaha I can confirm it does 😬 I would not recommend it though!

Just joining this thread as I didn't realise it existed and was pleased to see it here! Hey guys!

If it is super cold I wear a long sleeve running jacket over a long sleeve top, leggings to the ankles, and then gloves. I'm lucky with having thick hair so I don't tend to wear a hat, and then my headphones act as a type of ear muff :LOL: However, I always run for the second mile, because you warm up so quickly and the worst thing is overheating and having to faff about getting undressed on your run.
Welcome ☺

Although I’ve been running regularly for 5 years I still cannot dress myself properly and either end up too cold or too sweaty. there is no in between! At least with layers you can de-layer - I usually finish runs with my gloves shoved down my bra 😂

• Haha
I run in a big jacket, I'm always cold 😂 but it's not too bad now and it was lovely on the weekend.

I finally run my first 10k last week and managed in under 59 minutes so we'll happy with that!!

I run in a big jacket, I'm always cold 😂 but it's not too bad now and it was lovely on the weekend.

I finally run my first 10k last week and managed in under 59 minutes so we'll happy with that!!
A fantastic time, let alone for your first 10K. 🥳
I did my first 10K this year on Saturday, and since having covid over Christmas. Did anyone else had covid and found the first few weeks of running quite a struggle? I would say it took about 6-8 weeks to feel confident in my running again and get back to pre-covid pace.

Reactions: 3
Been gradually upping the speed and distance over the last month or so... abs my “easy” 5k this evening ended up with a PB for 1/2 mile, 1km, 1 mile, 2 mile and 5k.

Perhaps I need to push myself a bit more!

seriously though, incredibly proud of that, it’s been a very very long while since I’ve been that fast!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Been gradually upping the speed and distance over the last month or so... abs my “easy” 5k this evening ended up with a PB for 1/2 mile, 1km, 1 mile, 2 mile and 5k.

Perhaps I need to push myself a bit more!

seriously though, incredibly proud of that, it’s been a very very long while since I’ve been that fast!
Congrats!!!!!! Well done :)
Definitely take the pressure off yourself but having easy days and days when you push the pace a bit. I love an easy run. No stress :))))

Reactions: 1
After failing to get up at 6 this morning 🥱 I dragged myself out at half 5 this evening immediately after getting in from work and I felt so self conscious having to run past loads of pedestrians on my route! I definitely need to stick to early mornings. I also got catcalled by men in a white van and idk if they were honking and yelling because I'm fat or just because I'm a woman. Or both! 😂 got way better times today, average 7:30 min per k but think it'll be a while until I'm back to my 6:30 min k's. Just need to squeeze half an hour in at the weekend, will aim for 4k ☺

Finally started week 8 today. My first experience of running at night. only one pedestrian and not many cars etc. Took it fairly easy and due to the calf problems I have been having was reluctant to go quicker. Ran the full 28 minutes for the first time and could have done more which surprised me. Calf is sore now but the adrenaline and sense of achievement numb it somewhat

Just over 15k in 1:30 today!!!!! 😭 to think a few months ago I couldn’t run more than 3 minutes without feeling like I needed to stop. I’m very tempted to work towards a half marathon now, who would’ve thought it!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I only ran 3 times last week but I did a 10k again on Saturday and got 1:00:57 😄 gonna try and get out at least 4 times this week but I’m trying to remind myself of the importance of rest days too so I don’t end up with an injury. 5 months today until my half marathon if it goes ahead 🏃‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just over 15k in 1:30 today!!!!! 😭 to think a few months ago I couldn’t run more than 3 minutes without feeling like I needed to stop. I’m very tempted to work towards a half marathon now, who would’ve thought it!
Go for it. If you’re at 15k then you can get to a half marathon in a few weeks, absolutely!

• Heart
Ditched the c25k plan and ran with my friend who had done her weeks on the plan.

Running extremely slowly (15 minute miles, so only did about 2 miles), I ran for 28 minutes with her, which was amazing.

Felt very sick and needed to go to the toilet!

Reactions: 3
Has anyone done the yellow 10k runner app? I was initially doing c25k and did around 2 weeks but switched to 10k runner with the idea of wanting a long programme/long term goal. Currently on week 4 day 3 - love that you can give feedback at the end of the run and skip runs if the previous one has been 'easy'.

I was really into fitness prior to lockdown one, doing HIIT/strength training. I have only run 5km on one occasion when everyone was tagging people to run 5km for the NHS during lockdown one and was really pleased to get it done in 26minutes because I honestly didn't think I'd manage.

My biggest problem is that I get extremely 'in to' things and then want to do it every day so finding the 'rest' days really hard.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone done the yellow 10k runner app? I was initially doing c25k and did around 2 weeks but switched to 10k runner with the idea of wanting a long programme/long term goal. Currently on week 4 day 3 - love that you can give feedback at the end of the run and skip runs if the previous one has been 'easy'.

I was really into fitness prior to lockdown one, doing HIIT/strength training. I have only run 5km on one occasion when everyone was tagging people to run 5km for the NHS during lockdown one and was really pleased to get it done in 26minutes because I honestly didn't think I'd manage.

My biggest problem is that I get extremely 'in to' things and then want to do it every day so finding the 'rest' days really hard.
Yes I’ve just finished it - loved it!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.