The Running Thread 🏃‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone excited for the return of parkrun in June?
Yess I cannot wait for parkrun to come back! I’ve missed it so much.

I’ll be 7 months pregnant in June so really praying I can still do a run/walk shuffle by then! So far so good - got back up to 45km last week so just need to keep going as long as I can!

Am loving this lighter and warmer weather - it has given me a new lease of life! 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes I use it before and after I run but for some reason this week they have just been unbearable! Really knocked my confidence with running!
Have you been properly fitted for running shoes ? It could be that you don’t have enough support around your foot

Amazing time well done!! 💪🏼

I did 5k this morning in 28 mins, had loads to do today so didn’t have much time to do more. I tend to run on an empty stomach as well, did you find it helped having food in you? Well I had a coffee with oat milk an hour before I ran
Thank you 😊 omg I would love to be able to run 5k in 28 mins! Hoping I'll get below 30 again soon, social distancing definitely doesn't help trying to get a PB cos I sometimes lose my pace trying to think how I'm gonna get round some dickheads walking two abreast down a narrow bit of pavement and the road's full of parked cars 😂

Yeah I always have something even if it's just a banana if I know I'm intending to do a longer run, just pure carbs though or I get a really bad stitch. Did you get to speak to the doctor btw about the digestive problems you were having? I have IBS and it absolutely ruins my life sometimes in regard to running

Reactions: 3
Have you been properly fitted for running shoes ? It could be that you don’t have enough support around your foot
No I haven’t been able to, only started running start of January! I bought new shoes which were great to start with and much better than what I was started off in, just the last week or so! I did have a week and a half off due to weather

Reactions: 1
No I haven’t been able to, only started running start of January! I bought new shoes which were great to start with and much better than what I was started off in, just the last week or so! I did have a week and a half off due to weather
It’s maybe a mixture of things, but when things go back to normal I would go and get fitted, good luck and hope you get it sorted 🙏🏻

I have this one, 10 years on and it still works well.
F3 Folding Treadmill (lifefitness.co.uk)
Oh thank you 😊 I’ll go and have a wee look 👍🏻

My half marathon has been delayed until August. Going to take a lot of motivation to keep going for 5 more months 😬

Finally finished week 7 this morning. It’s been about 3 weeks since I ran for 25 minutes and thought I might struggle. Seems like the miles of walking in between runs has helped (an insane 17 miles on Saturday) as I managed quite comfortably. No reaction from my calf until I finished. It’s been sore all day. I will see what it’s like before I start on week 8 but if I can’t run will definitely walk some miles

Reactions: 2
I dragged myself out at 6 for a 3k run to kick-start getting back into it again! It was slow as hell but you gotta restart somewhere

Reactions: 3
Hi guys, I've a question for some of you who have probably a lot more running experience than me. There's a local 4k route that I'd generally try to do twice/three times a week. I generally finish it in around 22 minutes at a comfortable enough pace. However, there are some days (today) where I really struggle to get around it - today I was around 2 minutes slower than usual. I can't really put it down to sleep/diet etc as they're fairly constant. Do any of ye have any experience or reasons as to why some days are more of a slog than usual? Or how to improve overall pace?

Hi guys, I've a question for some of you who have probably a lot more running experience than me. There's a local 4k route that I'd generally try to do twice/three times a week. I generally finish it in around 22 minutes at a comfortable enough pace. However, there are some days (today) where I really struggle to get around it - today I was around 2 minutes slower than usual. I can't really put it down to sleep/diet etc as they're fairly constant. Do any of ye have any experience or reasons as to why some days are more of a slog than usual? Or how to improve overall pace?
Hi!!! Keep up the good work. You will improve by being consistent. It also helps doing runs of various distances and speeds. There’s a range of different plans online that will suit your ability and individual aims :)

Sometimes you have good and bad days, there may be no reason or you may not be able to work out why so I just think at least the bad one is out of the way and the next one will be better!

Need some advice please! I really got in to C25K and completed week 6, but a progressive pain in my foot got too much and I've had to rest for two weeks (I am angry!!!!!)

It seems like the tendon that goes over my ankle/front of my foot has been strained to the point where it was painful to even touch the skin.

Anyway - after complete rest it feels fully recovered now. I don't want to go back to week 1 - what do you all think my best bet would be to get back in to running again? I really miss it and am desperate to get back out!

Need some advice please! I really got in to C25K and completed week 6, but a progressive pain in my foot got too much and I've had to rest for two weeks (I am angry!!!!!)

It seems like the tendon that goes over my ankle/front of my foot has been strained to the point where it was painful to even touch the skin.

Anyway - after complete rest it feels fully recovered now. I don't want to go back to week 1 - what do you all think my best bet would be to get back in to running again? I really miss it and am desperate to get back out!
I got injured in week 7 first time round. As the pools were open I went swimming instead but when I tried to run agai I picked a week 4 run and struggled. This lead me to start again and wee 7 again saw me injured. This time the pools were shut. I have been off running for around 3 weeks but managed the last of my week 7 runs first time back. I think the shorter time off helped.
I would try whatever your next one was. If you have to stop and walk so be it. Then next time try one a little easier or continue with the program depending on how you did

Professional athletes don’t break their PBs every time they run. There could be a number of different factors as to why you dip sometimes. The important thing is you are out there doing it. I know I can run faster but don’t have the confidence in my stamina so hold back. As I get fitter I’m hoping the speed will increase

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you 😊 omg I would love to be able to run 5k in 28 mins! Hoping I'll get below 30 again soon, social distancing definitely doesn't help trying to get a PB cos I sometimes lose my pace trying to think how I'm gonna get round some dickheads walking two abreast down a narrow bit of pavement and the road's full of parked cars 😂

Yeah I always have something even if it's just a banana if I know I'm intending to do a longer run, just pure carbs though or I get a really bad stitch. Did you get to speak to the doctor btw about the digestive problems you were having? I have IBS and it absolutely ruins my life sometimes in regard to running
Sorry spice I’ve only just seen this. Yeah, he said it will just be because of everything moving around which tbh sounds like I’ve been palmed off. But anyway it only really happens if I go on a longer run. I ran 8.5k the other day and was so ill all day it puts me off. I haven’t done anything since Saturday I’ve been busy with work and I was hungover on Sunday but I’m aiming to do a longish run in the morning. I’m gonna have a banana before I go. Wish me luck 🤣💩

do you all drink water when running? I don’t.. maybe that’s why I have the shits after running?

Sorry spice I’ve only just seen this. Yeah, he said it will just be because of everything moving around which tbh sounds like I’ve been palmed off. But anyway it only really happens if I go on a longer run. I ran 8.5k the other day and was so ill all day it puts me off. I haven’t done anything since Saturday I’ve been busy with work and I was hungover on Sunday but I’m aiming to do a longish run in the morning. I’m gonna have a banana before I go. Wish me luck 🤣💩

do you all drink water when running? I don’t.. maybe that’s why I have the shits after running?
I don‘t drink while I run but am thinking maybe I should. At the moment as I am only doing about 4K each time I don’t see the point but if I can start running further then maybe

I got injured in week 7 first time round. As the pools were open I went swimming instead but when I tried to run agai I picked a week 4 run and struggled. This lead me to start again and wee 7 again saw me injured. This time the pools were shut. I have been off running for around 3 weeks but managed the last of my week 7 runs first time back. I think the shorter time off helped.
I would try whatever your next one was. If you have to stop and walk so be it. Then next time try one a little easier or continue with the program depending on how you did
Thank you for this. I'm going to head out tomorrow and see how wellI do without pushing myself. Gutted to have got that far and had to stop! But determined to complete the program (mainly because my partner thought I would give up and raised an eyebrow when I bought off road running shoes....I will prove him wrong :ROFLMAO: )

Thank you for this. I'm going to head out tomorrow and see how wellI do without pushing myself. Gutted to have got that far and had to stop! But determined to complete the program (mainly because my partner thought I would give up and raised an eyebrow when I bought off road running shoes....I will prove him wrong :ROFLMAO: )
I want to finish because I never thought I would be able to do it! Was so happy on Monday when I finished week 7

Hmm yeah if it doesn’t get any better I’d go back. I know exercise is meant to aid digestion but it’s meant to be in a gentle way! Good luck on your run today 😊 and fingers crossed 🤣

No I don’t drink water while I’m running I find carrying a water bottle really annoying! The only time I ever do is on a long run when it’s hot. I’ve seen you can get those vests with built in water pouches, might look into getting one of those for when it starts getting warmer.

I ran just over 4 miles yesterday and gonna go out and do same today then have a day off tomorrow. We went to look at a house yesterday and when we were driving away I was like ‘hmm yeah these would be good roads to run on’ 😂

Yeah I would never bother drinking on a run, only when it’s hot and I’m running for over 90 mins, but I’d defo advise getting a camelbak or running vest or belt with small bottles as carrying a hand held water bottle is so annoying (and can affect your posture and all sorts when you’re running!)

digestion wise, god I went through an awful phase (after having terrible food poisoning in Morocco 🤢) of having to cut my runs short and dash home 😳 keep an eye on what you’re eating a few hours before running, eg fibre and caffeine intake!

• Heart
Yeah I would never bother drinking on a run, only when it’s hot and I’m running for over 90 mins, but I’d defo advise getting a camelbak or running vest or belt with small bottles as carrying a hand held water bottle is so annoying (and can affect your posture and all sorts when you’re running!)

digestion wise, god I went through an awful phase (after having terrible food poisoning in Morocco 🤢) of having to cut my runs short and dash home 😳 keep an eye on what you’re eating a few hours before running, eg fibre and caffeine intake!
That might be the secret to increasing pace!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.