The Running Thread 🏃‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just completed my first ever sub 30 min 5k (29:40) 🥳

Was thinking when I finished “oh I can’t wait to post this on the tattle running thread” ahaha
Well done!!! Bet you feel on cloud 9 😊🎉

My best ever time was at park run I did 29:42. Was nearly a stone lighter then though 🙈 my last 5K yesterday I did in 33:28. Hoping to get back down there eventually!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have started couch - 10k! I am doing a half marathon in May and haven't properly ran since February so finding it a bit hard but on week 2 and already finding it more bearable/enjoyable. I go before work in the morning because I don't like running alone in the dark but it means I run on an empty stomach, which so far is fine as I used to go to the gym and work out on an empty stomach then have breakfast when I'm home and I have some gel pods to have if I feel I need anything! Any tips for breathing though as I find it almost forget to breath sometimes!

• Heart
Just completed my first ever sub 30 min 5k (29:40) 🥳

Was thinking when I finished “oh I can’t wait to post this on the tattle running thread” ahaha
Haha I was exactly the same yesterday! Gives you a real boost to be able to share it doesn't it!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Side question does anyone know good sports-bras for running? I’m mostly running in some high impact ones from VS but anything more than 30mins and the straps get really uncomfortable.
I’m quite big, so most I’ve tried so far haven’t been very good. They need to offer A LOT of support 😅

Side question does anyone know good sports-bras for running? I’m mostly running in some high impact ones from VS but anything more than 30mins and the straps get really uncomfortable.
I’m quite big, so most I’ve tried so far haven’t been very good. They need to offer A LOT of support 😅
I have just got some my protein velocity sculpt support bras which are quite good (and on sale atm!) but I'm not that big so not sure how much support they would offer if you really need it.

I'm glad it's not just me who hates week 3 of couch - since I last posted, I've given up. Need to try and get back into it. Really annoying.

Reactions: 1
sorry i wish I could help here but i have zero boobs so can get away with lower support ones.

I use Runkeeper, would be far too shamed to use something that would show all how slow I am
I have started couch - 10k! I am doing a half marathon in May and haven't properly ran since February so finding it a bit hard but on week 2 and already finding it more bearable/enjoyable. I go before work in the morning because I don't like running alone in the dark but it means I run on an empty stomach, which so far is fine as I used to go to the gym and work out on an empty stomach then have breakfast when I'm home and I have some gel pods to have if I feel I need anything! Any tips for breathing though as I find it almost forget to breath sometimes!

Sing - it helps to regulate your breathing. I'm the same

I use Runkeeper, would be far too shamed to use something that would show all how slow I am

Sing - it helps to regulate your breathing. I'm the same
i LOVE this idea, I'm running to christmas songs at the moment so I can spread christmas joy all over as I run!

Reactions: 4
Coldddd this morning but went and ran my local Parkrun route which is on the coast. It’s normally so ridiculously windy you don’t feel like you’re actually moving but today it was completely calm and the sea was so still, still some pink in the sky from the sunrise. Such a good way to start the day. I really miss Parkrun 😭 I finished it just shy of 32 mins so a good 90 second improvement on my recent runs! Think I’ll start having Saturday as my give it all ya got run and use the other days to build speed/distance.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m a C / D and I use the highest impact Shock
Absorber ones for running. Nothing else seems to work. Not cheap so I just watch for when the weird colour combos go on sale at John Lewis haha. I wear a tight crop too over it too as I find the shape isn’t the best. I read millions of reviews and also splashed out on a Lululemon one which was meant to be good, but it’s not restrictive enough for running in my opinion. If you do get one, I’d say make sure the band is extra tight as mine seemed to stretch a lot. It’s good enough for HIIT though and looks really nice.

Morning 👋 I started running since the start of the first lockdown and my goal was to run the miles of a half marathon and yesterday I ran my longest run ever 13.5 miles 🥳 but all last night and this morning Iv been a tad emotional 😭 the slightest little thing and my eyes are filling up. There is absolutely no reason for feeling this way, has it anything to do with my run yesterday??

• Heart
Morning 👋 I started running since the start of the first lockdown and my goal was to run the miles of a half marathon and yesterday I ran my longest run ever 13.5 miles 🥳 but all last night and this morning Iv been a tad emotional 😭 the slightest little thing and my eyes are filling up. There is absolutely no reason for feeling this way, has it anything to do with my run yesterday??
Awwww you just did an amazing thing! I remember after my first half I was crying so much from all the emotion a lady came over to check whether I was okay and gave me the biggest hug. I had a pretty good cry around 30km in my first marathon too when what I was doing finally hit me.

Let yourself feel the emotion. It may not make sense to be crying but it's your body's way of releasing all the emotion that went into the training and race.

Also congratulations!!!

• Heart
Awwww you just did an amazing thing! I remember after my first half I was crying so much from all the emotion a lady came over to check whether I was okay and gave me the biggest hug. I had a pretty good cry around 30km in my first marathon too when what I was doing finally hit me.

Let yourself feel the emotion. It may not make sense to be crying but it's your body's way of releasing all the emotion that went into the training and race.

Also congratulations!!!
Thank you so much 😊 and explaining why, the more I was trying to work out why I was feeling this way the more emotional I got, now I can make sense of it now. Thank you 😊

• Heart

Also congratulations!!!
I cry a lot after running - I think there's something about achieving something I never thought I'd be able to do, but cried after pretty much every 10km, and a lot after my first half!

• Heart
This thread has made me want to try running again, especially as my gyms are closed! Definitely going to start with couch to 5k, that's how I started before albeit in the gym many years ago. Do you all just recommend the nhs one? Going to go out for my first run (in about 8 months) tomorrow!

This thread has made me want to try running again, especially as my gyms are closed! Definitely going to start with couch to 5k, that's how I started before albeit in the gym many years ago. Do you all just recommend the nhs one? Going to go out for my first run (in about 8 months) tomorrow!
Welcome! I think Couch 2 5k is pretty good in general, I'm not sure how the NHS may differ from the one I know. There are a couple of big jumps that we've discussed in the program above so don't be afraid to add in extra weeks or repeat weeks until you feel comfortable. If you want more personalised programming I'm happy to chat to you more, I've finally finished my uni so have been relaxing by writing programs for people 🤣🤣

• Heart
Welcome! I think Couch 2 5k is pretty good in general, I'm not sure how the NHS may differ from the one I know. There are a couple of big jumps that we've discussed in the program above so don't be afraid to add in extra weeks or repeat weeks until you feel comfortable. If you want more personalised programming I'm happy to chat to you more, I've finally finished my uni so have been relaxing by writing programs for people 🤣🤣
That is so lovely thank you! I may take you up on that when I'm more into the swing of things! I have seen from people that they add in extra weeks and honestly that's amazing advice, don't know why I didn't think of doing that when I did it the first time round, some of the jumps between the weeks are hard!

Also don't forget technique is important...no point worrying about distance and speed etc if you're not getting the best out of your run or unnecessarily over exerting yourself in the first place x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.