The Runner Beans

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly, 9 grown women in 2 hotel rooms as a sleepover before a marathon. Sounds like my idea of hell.
Made worse by the fact she called them all "girls". Add that to all the matching outfits, coordinated dances and photos and the whole slumber party vibes and it all just seems incredibly immature?

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Just been watching some of the Barbies' reels about Boston marathon. I counted at least five matching outfits for them across the weekend. I just don't get it? Whatever if it makes them happy but still. Are they a cult?

Reactions: 4
Beans was the only one not in the matching outfit for the race, she went with her bigger shorts and a Tracksmith top. Not surprised

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Spotted The Barbies yesterday as we wandered down Boylston. They matched in their Boston jackets, of course, but they genuinely all look the same - I stared for far too long!

Reactions: 2
So virtual radio silence over Boston but now she is throwing the kitchen sink at promoting everything and anything in the lead up to London…🙄

Why did TCS pick her for Boston? She's barely mentioned them. It looked like other TCS runners ran it in TCS tops, but not Beans.
Is she signed to a management company to get her these gigs? It's more freebie events than running at this point. She's such a bore anyway.

Reactions: 7
She’s listed what she ate for the 3 days prior to the marathon. No wonder her clothes were a bit tight 😳😳😳 I’m not sure I’d take nutrition advice from her, she’s just mainlined sugar for 3 days… I’ve run over 30 marathons, never had an issue with fuelling and have never eaten that much crap in the run up!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Interesting that Charlie says her goal for Berlin is to get a GFA for London - if this means she's stopping (or at least pausing) the perpetual cycle of failed BQ attempts, that would surely be good for her mental health?

Now she is talking about Berlin and wanting to get a GFA spot for London?
---
Interesting that Charlie says her goal for Berlin is to get a GFA for London - if this means she's stopping (or at least pausing) the perpetual cycle of failed BQ attempts, that would surely be good for her mental health?
Jinx!

Reactions: 3
She’s listed what she ate for the 3 days prior to the marathon. No wonder her clothes were a bit tight 😳😳😳 I’m not sure I’d take nutrition advice from her, she’s just mainlined sugar for 3 days… I’ve run over 30 marathons, never had an issue with fuelling and have never eaten that much crap in the run up!
I know this isn’t a rave thread but it’s refreshing to see a runner, in particular a female runner, who does fuel properly.

A GFA is a more realistic goal but we all know she’ll get given a place without having to get a GFA 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is this because she's run Boston twice now without qualifying, so the drive to actually qualify has passed now? She's still privileged, and yes, the next joke will be she gets a London place next year just for basically being a living advert.

Totally agree with both of these points 🤣

I know this isn’t a rave thread but it’s refreshing to see a runner, in particular a female runner, who does fuel properly.

A GFA is a more realistic goal but we all know she’ll get given a place without having to get a GFA 😂

Reactions: 1
TCS will give her a place. It sounded like she turned it down this year so could’ve run if she wanted.

• Angry
The combination of the sob post of not having PBed in 5 years with her Boston pictures is really adding insult to injury. Look how I ran Boston with my fast Barbie friends for free but sad little me hasn’t PBed in ages. Not to mention the marathons she did in between were all sponsored entries. Perhaps not jetting around the world every 2 weeks and focussing on good old fashioned structured training would help with BQ/GFA/ PBs whatever the new goal is now.

Reactions: 7
Yep. My main enjoyment from running is trying to run fast marathons. I do two a year at most. Which can be frustrating if like this year at London your body decides that today is the day that it no longer wants to eat gels, and you can’t do another one for 6 months. But you need to respect the distance.
I have thought about maybe having a year off and just doing loads of fun halves instead and i know they they won’t be fast!

• Heart
Let me summarize the Boston blog post: Goal was sub 4h, which didnt happen because of the heat. Not even an attempt at justifying running Boston second time around without a BQ. A moan at the end about how hard it is to balance work, childcare, husband being away (she really keeps emphasizing this, how much does she resent him?). Next goal is Berlin marathon.

Let me summarize the Boston blog post: Goal was sub 4h, which didnt happen because of the heat. Not even an attempt at justifying running Boston second time around without a BQ. A moan at the end about how hard it is to balance work, childcare, husband being away (she really keeps emphasizing this, how much does she resent him?). Next goal is Berlin marathon.
Balancing work and childcare 🤣 she works one day a week, although it seems more like one day a month sometimes, and Bertie is at nursery that day. What is there to juggle??

• Haha