The Runner Beans

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow can’t believe she is doing Boston again on a gifted (non qualified bib), im so embarrassed for her!! She got a bit of abuse last time, deservedly so….and years on she is no closer to actually qualifying. How embarrassing, what a joke. And running with all the barbies, who are fast, they must laugh behind her back !
---
They also look like barbies! Blond hair, tanned, fake boobs, lashes, pose in photos in a really cringey and twee way.

However, to give them credit, they work hard, run high mileage and get good results.
Welcome 👋

Not sure if it was me who coined it or someone else. I always think of them as Barbies 😂 A group of pretty fast US runners. All with loads of kids, some are military wives. They all coordinate their outfits for races and pose with tons of picks. They BQ every marathon they run etc. insta runners in the US. check out triandrungirl or clairerunsthere and you will see who we mean.

Beans did the Disney runs with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
How did she get friendly with these Barbie's? They seem so different, they are fast, very all American, seem very girl gang, bit brash. Whereas Beans is wealthy end of average Brit, all sweaty Betty, Waitrose and M&S foodhall. She just seems like a bit of a spare part?

Reactions: 7
I think she is a spare part/ hanger on. Maybe they find the “British English Rose thing” cute

How did she get friendly with these Barbie's? They seem so different, they are fast, very all American, seem very girl gang, bit brash. Whereas Beans is wealthy end of average Brit, all sweaty Betty, Waitrose and M&S foodhall. She just seems like a bit of a spare part?
---
Also she paid one of them to be her coach for a while

Reactions: 5
I agree largely spare part combined with the classic American attitude, which comes across as if they are your best mates but is really all a bit fake and superficial. Not sure if Beans realizes this or whether she likes it, she seems to be obsessed with anything US...

Reactions: 2
Yes she had always written her blog with a US twang e.g. calls the starting pens “corrals” and portaloos “portapotties”

I agree largely spare part combined with the classic American attitude, which comes across as if they are your best mates but is really all a bit fake and superficial. Not sure if Beans realizes this or whether she likes it, she seems to be obsessed with anything US...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think one of them (triandrungirl?) was her coach years ago. I remember Beans going to Boston to surprise her, and I think that was the first time they met in person.

I think several of the Barbies are Mormon. The LDS mom insta accounts are really something. It’s an odd crowd for Beans to want to join.

Reactions: 1
The little content she did post over the last couple of days did not once mention TCS. She obviously promoted westin (not declared as an ad) but no mention of the bib sponsor. Shocking.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
I was thinking the same but wasn’t sure whether I should say something here 🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Do you think the Barbie's will hang around and wait for her at the finish or will they be off celebrating 🎉

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think they bought a job lot. The Barbies are all about 3 sizes smaller than her, she must have just tried to squeeze in it 😳

Reactions: 1